Homebrew [WIP] pokeCalcNTR - IV and Nature Overlay Plugin For Sun and Moon

SolLuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any other NPCs in Verdant Cavern? I have cleared all of the dust clouds and hit the frame as shown (with the correct info), but I'm getting the wrong IVs for Pheromosa every time.

Last edited by SolLuna,

wwwwwwzx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT! ;u;
I'm still waiting for eevee egg gift.
It would be helpful if you can send me the save file, I will test with that. (just believe in me)
But that gift Eevee egg has nothing different than normal Eevee egg from nursery, except no relearn moves.

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
It would be helpful if you can send me the save file, I will test with that. (just believe in me)
But that gift Eevee egg has nothing different than normal Eevee egg from nursery, except no relearn moves.
My Sun save file's currently stopped at Nursery, while waiting for a way to rng eevee egg, I'll make a backup of my save file for you to test soon.

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to implement finer frame control with the plugin?

I'm thinking something along the lines of holding select while paused to advance frames quicker - perhaps 10x faster for every second the button is held for. Would help hitting those silly numbers for the mystery gifts that don't have 3 guaranteed 31 IVs.

Also is there anyway to move frames backwards? The number of times I've missed my target frame by a couple of frame because I wasn't paying attention is embarrassing to say the least.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I'm thinking something along the lines of holding select while paused to advance frames quicker - perhaps 10x faster for every second the button is held for. Would help hitting those silly numbers for the mystery gifts that don't have 3 guaranteed 31 IVs.

Also is there anyway to move frames backwards? The number of times I've missed my target frame by a couple of frame because I wasn't paying attention is embarrassing to say the least.
Thats cheating because your making the game advance more frames at a time then its supposed to you might as well just use pkhex

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thats cheating because your making the game advance more frames at a time then its supposed to you might as well just use pkhex
I disagree. It's no different to pausing the game (completely - not just entering the menu) which the game cannot do otherwise. Plus it doesn't directly alter the data the game creates such as Pokemon stats etc.

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: moving backwards can't happen. We don't modify any ram, and the regular game can't move backwards.

We decided not to use this, because that feature makes it even easier to skip the frame you need. If you're far enough from the frame to need to skip multiple frames, then unpausing is your best option. If you're too close to be able to unpause, then the precision we've added will be more effective for not skipping the frame you need.

As far as finer frame control, a few people have brought this up, but don't seem to have read or understand how the rng frames advance. First, for the purpose of this explanation, let's define two types of "frames". We have "console frames" and "rng frames". I'll also offer two explanations for how this works:

Layman Technical:
We have the ability to advance 1 console frame every time the game is paused and we press "select" to advance the console frame. However, each console frame can call multiple rng frames since the NPCs around your player will call rng frames. Because of this, some frames on various seeds in various areas of the game will be impossible to hit. To make this even more complex, those frames *can* be called depending on when you entered the area you are trying to rng.

ELI5:
Let's say you're playing Candy Land (the awesome board game by Hasbro that came out in 1949). Each turn, you need to draw a color from the deck of color cards to see which color your character can move to on the board. Always getting the furthest possible color away means you'll be the fastest to get to King Candy and win the game! However you have three other people playing the game with you. If each round of the game (where every player at the table gets 1 turn) is a "console frame" and every time a card is drawn is an "rng frame", then every console frame, the three other players playing this hit and classic game with you are calling "rng frames" during every one "console frame". There will be color cards that are impossible for you to get, depending on how the deck is shuffled, where you're sitting among your friends, etc.

This wouldn't be cheating - it'd be like pressing select to frame advance, and holding select would act like pressing select multiple times in a row - just advance more frames at once. The ELI5 (to tie in with my above explanation) would be like the game constantly moves without anyone getting a drink, using the bathroom, etc. just like playing the game regularly.

Thanks for the questions you two! I honestly had fun with that ELI5. xD

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well imagine if you could instantly change it to the frame you want that would be cheating its the same with making a ton of frames advance without unpausing the game for the right amount of time the game does not advance hundreds of frames in a second

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well imagine if you could instantly change it to the frame you want that would be cheating its the same with making a ton of frames advance without unpausing the game for the right amount of time the game does not advance hundreds of frames in a second

All you seem to post about is cheating and what you deem as it. It just sounds like you can't gel with the program because you keep raising self-imposed red flags over cheating ethics. So, just use it or don't, this debating is crap, and I remember you were one of too many people that made a thread debating cheating in Pokemon, I'm extremely tired and annoyed by that circle riding topic. As someone who loves this plugin, it's better to just read on updates and support questions and discussion, rather than cheating debates.

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We decided not to use this, because that feature makes it even easier to skip the frame you need. If you're far enough from the frame to need to skip multiple frames, then unpausing is your best option. If you're too close to be able to unpause, then the precision we've added will be more effective for not skipping the frame you need.

As far as finer frame control, a few people have brought this up, but don't seem to have read or understand how the rng frames advance. First, for the purpose of this explanation, let's define two types of "frames". We have "console frames" and "rng frames". I'll also offer two explanations for how this works:

Layman Technical:
We have the ability to advance 1 console frame every time the game is paused and we press "select" to advance the console frame. However, each console frame can call multiple rng frames since the NPCs around your player will call rng frames. Because of this, some frames on various seeds in various areas of the game will be impossible to hit. To make this even more complex, those frames *can* be called depending on when you entered the area you are trying to rng.

ELI5:
Let's say you're playing Candy Land (the awesome board game by Hasbro that came out in 1949). Each turn, you need to draw a color from the deck of color cards to see which color your character can move to on the board. Always getting the furthest possible color away means you'll be the fastest to get to King Candy and win the game! However you have three other people playing the game with you. If each round of the game (where every player at the table gets 1 turn) is a "console frame" and every time a card is drawn is an "rng frame", then every console frame, the three other players playing this hit and classic game with you are calling "rng frames" during every one "console frame". There will be color cards that are impossible for you to get, depending on how the deck is shuffled, where you're sitting among your friends, etc.

This wouldn't be cheating - it'd be like pressing select to frame advance, and holding select would act like pressing select multiple times in a row - just advance more frames at once. The ELI5 (to tie in with my above explanation) would be like the game constantly moves without anyone getting a drink, using the bathroom, etc. just like playing the game regularly.

Thanks for the questions you two! I honestly had fun with that ELI5. xD
This is really helpful and informative.

Thank you for the clearly long thought out answer, it makes a lot of sense to someone like me - RNG was an alien concept to me before Gen 7. Proves you CAN teach an old dog new tricks.

This was just a musing while I was waiting to hit a frame over 11 million for an Original Cap Pikachu. Thanks to your efforts (and a 19 hour wait) I'm rewarded with a 30/30/31/31/30/30 spread.

Thank you. This community owes you so much - I personally feel there are some that don't show enough gratitude, but I digress.

All the best for your future development plans and schedule!

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you seem to post about is cheating and what you deem as it. It just sounds like you can't gel with the program because you keep raising self-imposed red flags over cheating ethics. So, just use it or don't, this debating is crap, and I remember you were one of too many people that made a thread debating cheating in Pokemon, I'm extremely tired and annoyed by that circle riding topic. As someone who loves this plugin, it's better to just read on updates and support questions and discussion, rather than cheating debates.

Thank you for this - some people like to argue for the sake of arguing, and I'm glad there's people like you who know when to stop. :)

This is really helpful and informative.

Thank you for the clearly long thought out answer, it makes a lot of sense to someone like me - RNG was an alien concept to me before Gen 7. Proves you CAN teach an old dog new tricks.

This was just a musing while I was waiting to hit a frame over 11 million for an Original Cap Pikachu. Thanks to your efforts (and a 19 hour wait) I'm rewarded with a 30/30/31/31/30/30 spread.

Thank you. This community owes you so much - I personally feel there are some that don't show enough gratitude, but I digress.

All the best for your future development plans and schedule!

Wow! Thank you for this! :D This was an awesome read, and I'm very grateful our work is appreciated by you and others in the community too! This is a fun project that has been great to create and be a part of! It's awesome that there's people like you in the community who enjoy this as well, and it's pretty neat to see people connecting and bonding over this.

Our Discord server has been fun as well as our upcoming projects and we would love for you and others to join the fun with everyone! :D

Thank you too!!!

Hey guys, I wrote a guide for RNGing the PIDs of eggs generated without the Masuda method or shiny charm, you can check it out here.

Thanks Matt, I'll add it to the main post and Discord guides! :D

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I thought eggs were pre-determined?

Using Masuda Method or Shiny Charm, the PID and therefore PSV get generated using the Egg Seeds.

However, when neither of those are present, the PID and PSV are made from the main rng.

This means instead of accepting a few hundred eggs, and rejecting upwards to 30 eggs for your Shiny 6iV Pokemon, you can get it just like a Magearna RNG, which can save quite a bit of time!

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Using Masuda Method or Shiny Charm, the PID and therefore PSV get generated using the Egg Seeds.

However, when neither of those are present, the PID and PSV are made from the main rng.

This means instead of accepting a few hundred eggs, and rejecting upwards to 30 eggs for your Shiny 6iV Pokemon, you can get it just like a Magearna RNG, which can save quite a bit of time!
Oh my, I have a shiny charm, Does it work if I remove my foreign 6IV ditto and put in non-MM pokemon of the same country as I'm in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real