zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
What the actual fuck will happen now?

I actually am interested in some way about the methods used by this team to load and make things.... oh well, I supose that will be a long time wait.
Forget about it, they're done.

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
I already knew that once free, sigs patched CFWs start popping up, projects with a strong Anti-piracy stance like this will not matter, will not be relevant anymore..

All efforts wasted because of making something that the scene doesn't want..

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already knew that once free, sigs patched CFWs start popping up, projects with a strong Anti-piracy stance like this will not matter, will not be relevant anymore..

All efforts wasted because of making something that the scene doesn't want..
Point is though, SALT has a mass amount of work and tools in it and features that might make RXTools become puny in comparison. Plus, who knows if they'll unlock the patches. It's entirely their decision after all. I mean, NTR is an amazing CFW even if it doesn't support piracy. I'm sure SALT will be many times better than RXTools or something like that. Everything is just purely "maybe" :yaynds:

Reactions: kiryu1

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Point is though, SALT has a mass amount of work and tools in it and features that might make RXTools become puny in comparison. Plus, who knows if they'll unlock the patches. It's entirely their decision after all. I mean, NTR is an amazing CFW even if it doesn't support piracy. I'm sure SALT will be many times better than RXTools or something like that. Everything is just purely "maybe" :yaynds:

hmm.. what is this SALT you are speaking of? Can you enlighten me?

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm.. what is this SALT you are speaking of? Can you enlighten me?
Well, there was this CFW collaboration called "Karl3DS" which was a CFW that made extremely massive strides in the 3DS scene when it came to tools and iit's features and the amount of knowledge found from it's Devs. People were being impatient about it and demanded release, and wanted info instead of playing in the dark, and so when KARL3DS did give them news, they got angry and the team went away, working in private. They now have strewn away from GBAtemp because of how toxic it is here, and moved to Twitter, where they can post there as they please. They say they may release soon when they are done optimizing and making the most out of the 3DS, so many people are excited, while some are "Salty" that they haven't released yet. :rofl:

Reactions: klear and kiryu1

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
It's KARL, renamed.

Well, there was this CFW collaboration called "Karl3DS" which was a CFW that made extremely massive strides in the 3DS scene when it came to tools and iit's features and the amount of knowledge found from it's Devs. People were being impatient about it and demanded release, and wanted info instead of playing in the dark, and so when KARL3DS did give them news, they got angry and the team went away, working in private. They now have strewn away from GBAtemp because of how toxic it is here, and moved to Twitter, where they can post there as they please. They say they may release soon when they are done optimizing and making the most out of the 3DS, so many people are excited, while some are "Salty" that they haven't released yet. :rofl:

ohh renamed indeed.. is it just renamed or will there be any changes like making an emunand for o/n3ds with sigs patched?

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohh renamed indeed.. is it just renamed or will there be any changes like making an emunand for o/n3ds with sigs patched?
They haven't said that they will patch sigs, since they weren't up for piracy (That may change but it's their choice since a lot of open sourced material is out there patched) but you could probably use Pasta for games and Karl for all the other stuff if they patch sigs. And yes, emunand for everything and they also claim to have found another exploit. Whether it works or not is still debatable, since we don't know. We can't tell until it's out, but I am not convinced that it is since they told us that it's merely a theory and actually getting it to work must be quite the task. :P

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They haven't said that they will patch sigs, since they weren't up for piracy (That may change but it's their choice since a lot of open sourced material is out there patched)
Having my doubts there, since they all hang out in #3dsdev and you know how their common stance is.

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny, but the guy's right, gotta give him that.
At least they have given us some sort of explanation. Though it may be irrelevant to some people, they're at least updating on youtube and it does have quite a ton of tools in it, so N3DS users can finally easily make dumps and decrypt and use cheats, etc. I dunno. I just am waiting for them to release. It's only been 3 1/2 months since it's been started, and some people just cater to some devs more than others. (Example, GW users and other CFW users) So while we already have other CFW, I'd prefer this one since it is actually covering the stuff I need, not some other simple Sig patch solution. everyone has their CFW of preference and I guess I'm just being faithful. :rofl:

Reactions: Zidapi

hunter010709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At least they have given us some sort of explanation. Though it may be irrelevant to some people, they're at least updating on youtube and it does have quite a ton of tools in it, so N3DS users can finally easily make dumps and decrypt and use cheats, etc. I dunno. I just am waiting for them to release. It's only been 3 1/2 months since it's been started, and some people just cater to some devs more than others. (Example, GW users and other CFW users) So while we already have other CFW, I'd prefer this one since it is actually covering the stuff I need, not some other simple Sig patch solution. everyone has their CFW of preference and I guess I'm just being faithful. :rofl:

No, your just a fanboy in denial..... But do enlighten us to what wolfy has brought or is in future bringing to your table that you don't already have in one form or another without that self righteous censorship attitude?

(i can confidently call it this as it is clearly obvious the Karl team has gone beyond the anti piracy stance and support it for 'dev research' as they pirate games themselves (for research purpose, only, off course)

People are opinionated and hypocrites at the same time, it's the real world, not your salty fantasy land of angels......

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, your just a fanboy in denial..... But do enlighten us to what wolfy has brought or is in future bringing to your table that you don't already have in one form or another without that self righteous censorship attitude?

(i can confidently call it this as it is clearly obvious the Karl team has gone beyond the anti piracy stance and support it for 'dev research' as they pirate games themselves (for research purpose, only, off course)

People are opinionated and hypocrites at the same time, it's the real world, not your salty fantasy land of angels......
Congrats on beating a dead horse, dude! Don't think I've seen a dead thread being brought back in ages! Also! Look at 3dbrew! She gave us an ass ton of info and even gave explanations and even hinted at hardware kernel exploit!!!!! And Bootstrap!! Man please don't bring back threads to argue. You aren't making anyone look stupid but yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"