Hacking [WIP] open source Kernel access on 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know how you feel about piracy but knowing that I plan to create a rom loader don't know if I will share it or not,I don't know if I should wheater create a custom hb laucher that reconise .3ds file or if I should just create a rom loader or waist a lot of time on creating my own cfw

You MUST waste a lot of time on writing a CFW if you want to do a ROM loader.
You don't have choice. At all.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know how you feel about piracy but knowing that I plan to create a rom loader don't know if I will share it or not,I don't know if I should wheater create a custom hb laucher that reconise .3ds file or if I should just create a rom loader or waist a lot of time on creating my own cfw
lol no you won't, not with only ARM11 kernel access anyhow.

You're going to have to "waist a lot of time" creating your own cfw I'm afraid because you're going to need ARM9 kernel access.

The fact that you think you can create a ROM loader for Ninjhax demonstrates just how little you know about what you want to do.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You MUST waste a lot of time on writing a CFW if you want to do a ROM loader.
You don't have choice. At all.

Well haven't already read very much documentation about how work 3ds but I'm gonna go deeper in it this holidays so wish me good luck
anywy if I share it it will be fully oppen source so I think I will have fun time ^^

Reactions: Margen67

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
lol no you won't, not with only ARM11 kernel access anyhow.

You're going to have to "waist a lot of time" creating your own cfw I'm afraid because you're going to need ARM9 kernel access.

The fact that you think you can create a ROM loader for Ninjhax demonstrates just how little you know about what you want to do. Moron.

I know that I only have arm11 kernel access and I know that I need arm9 kernel acess to and patch a lot of other things but with time everythings can be achieved so
maybe Soon™
And yep I don't know all the details about 3ds so that's why I'm gonna read a lot of doc this hollidays and do a lot of testing

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well haven't already read very much documentation about how work 3ds but I'm gonna go deeper in it this holidays so wish me good luck
anywy if I share it it will be fully oppen source so I think I will have fun time ^^

ARM9 handles all crypto stuff, so you must have ARM9 access.
The "easy way" to make a ROM loader is to patch VerifyRSASha256, so it would allow CIA ROMs.
But :
-you must perform yourself a firmlaunch ;
-you must find a way to install your first CIA installer.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ARM9 handles all crypto stuff, so you must have ARM9 access.
The "easy way" to make a ROM loader is to patch VerifyRSASha256, so it would allow CIA ROMs.
But :
-you must perform yourself a firmlaunch ;
-you must find a way to install your first CIA installer.

once i patched signaturec heck maybe I could use FBI if not then I will even have to create a CIA installer but once I will be there i don't think it would be the hardest part ^^
Btw if you know where I can read some detailed doc I would be gratefull =)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Alkéryn, we know you have good ideas and such, but please, be honnest with yourself. This won't happen so easily. At least, stop saying "you are going to do it", this only project a noobish image of yourself.
I'd suggested you to not speak loudly about what you are going to do. Wait for the right time to announce something. Right now you look like a script kiddie pretending to know stuff.

I'm not criticising you but stongly advicing you to keep quiet and do your stuff privately ;)

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
once i patched signaturec heck maybe I could use FBI if not then I will even have to create a CIA installer but once I will be there i don't think it would be the hardest part ^^
Btw if you know where I can read some detailed doc I would be gratefull =)

Firmlaunch isn't documented because it would lead to piracy.
You have luck that firmlaunchhax remove a lot of work.
Any other documentation on 3dbrew.org

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alkéryn, we know you have good ideas and such, but please, be honnest with yourself. This won't happen so easily. At least, stop saying "you are going to do it", this only project a noobish image of yourself.
I'd suggested you to not speak loudly about what you are going to do. Wait for the right time to announce something. Right now you look like a script kiddie pretending to know stuff.

I'm not criticising you but stongly advicing you to keep quiet and do your stuff privately ;)

You are rigth but cause I'm lazy the fact that I said that i will do it push me to do it and figth against my lazyness even if it will be a huge project and i may not succed for long it will be a good experience as a devlopers so i take it more like a training challenge than just showing off now that I said I will do it or at least try to make that for my self-estime

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are rigth but cause I'm lazy the fact that I said that i will do it push me to do it and figth against my lazyness even if it will be a huge project and i may not succed for long it will be a good experience as a devlopers so i take it more like a training challenge than just showing off now that I said I will do it or at least try to make that for my self-estime

I don't think you will succeed but I gave you the informations you need if you want to do that.
You must of course RE Process9 or you will never succeed.

EDIT : I hope you like ARM assembly...

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think you will succeed but I gave you the informations you need if you want to do that.
You must of course RE Process9 or you will never succeed.

EDIT : I hope you like ARM assembly...

Yeah who don't like to write on a keyboard with nails on it? ^^
but thank anyway for your advise =)

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah who don't like to write on a keyboard with nails on it? ^^
but thank anyway for your advise =)
As mentioned 3Dbrew has the best documentation of the 3DS anywhere, but there's a lot of stuff you're going to have to figure out on your own.

What experience do you have with this sort of thing? What makes you so confident that you can achieve this?

It's a little difficult to take you seriously without knowing your background.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
lol these guys were making money from piracy! Who from Wii/PSP scène has been arrested after to drop a CFW?

I think all this people are making money from this. Their intention is to advertise their skills to Gateway by finding exploits and ways trying to cooparate with Gateway and make profit. It would be easy and safe for them, if they want, to make a cfw and a member id and release it from an unknown internet connection.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think all this people are making money from this. Their intention is to advertise their skills to Gateway by finding exploits and ways trying to cooparate with Gateway and make profit. It would be easy and safe for them, if they want, to make a cfw and a member id and release it from an unknown internet connection.
lol Maybe my tinfoil hat is on the blink, but I can't take this sort of speculation seriously. I mean, are you fucking serious?

On topic: Do Nintendo offer bounties or financial incentives to hackers who report major vulnerabilities? I know some major companies do.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On topic: Do Nintendo offer bounties or financial incentives to hackers who report major vulnerabilities? I know some major companies do.
You do know who you're talking about, right? :P

But seriously, if Nintendo does it likely isn't open to the public. Instead they might be paying security firms to do this. (lol probably not considering the number of exploitable 3DS vulns that we know of. If they do... they uh, might want to hire someone else to perform future audits.)

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still in school and thus haven't ever reported/sold an exploit before, but I'm aware that many major companies completely ignore requests to talk with engineers about bugs - even without requesting an incentive. It's a really bad problem. I've heard of people going waaay out of their way to dig up people's names and get in contact with them over social media to get around that, but that was also in a really extreme situation. The dude found a bug in some pacemaker software that could actually kill people, I think it was.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Game console manufacturers :
-Nintendo : Will be angry, will say "There is no flaw"... etc.
-Sony : The worst of all. Will threaten you. (Yes, they will sue you for reporting flaws!)
-Microsoft is the only one who offers money (they are also OS manufacturer, remember?)

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You do know who you're talking about, right? :P

But seriously, if Nintendo does it likely isn't open to the public. Instead they might be paying security firms to do this. (lol probably not considering the number of exploitable 3DS vulns that we know of. If they do... they uh, might want to hire someone else to perform future audits.)
I assumed they didn't, considering mathieulh had to tweet them about the 9.5 encryption fuck up to bring it to their attention. But I try to make a habit not assuming anything.

I know that Apple frequently credit Jailbreak devs for bringing security flaws to their attention.

I guess the sad fact is that it's likely only companies like Gateway that would be willing to pay for exploits.

But I still scoff at the suggestion that Smealum sold the exploits that made Ninjhax possible to Gateway and similar claims.

I think most of Gateway's exploits are developed in house. I doubt those in the 3DS scene who brag about their undisclosed exploits or are particularly vocal about their anti-piracy stance are the same people who are selling exploits to Gateway.

WulfyStylez
That story sounds familiar, wasn't that guy in the Defcon documentary? Defcon is like Mecca for hackers.

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assumed they didn't, considering mathieulh had to tweet them about the 9.5 encryption fuck up to bring it to their attention. But I try to make a habit not assuming anything.

I know that Apple frequently credit Jailbreak devs for bringing security flaws to their attention.

I guess the sad fact is that it's likely only companies like Gateway that would be willing to pay for exploits.

But I still scoff at the suggestion that Smealum sold the exploits that made Ninjhax possible to Gateway and similar claims.

I think most of Gateway's exploits are developed in house. I doubt those in the 3DS scene who brag about their undisclosed exploits or are particularly vocal about their anti-piracy stance are the same people who are selling exploits to Gateway.

WulfyStylez
That story sounds familiar, wasn't that guy in the Defcon documentary? Defcon is like Mecca for hackers.

My gut tells me: They are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then