[WIP] Monster Hunter Double Cross English Translation Project

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by MaximusX800, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Killaclown

Killaclown GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2015
    Norway
    Wow, this has come a long way already, was thinking maybe some months before even thinking about a release. Incredible considering it only came out a couple of days ago officially. Take your time, we all appreciate you guys putting this together!

AlbertThePidgey likes this.

2. Jesus10101

Jesus10101 lord and savior

Jul 17, 2016
    London
    @justln , saw your post on reddit. The font looks really good on the translation patch. Great job guys.

3. Turkaku

Turkaku Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2017
    It's out on reddit ?

4. AlbertThePidgey

AlbertThePidgey Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2016
    United States
    No

5. Jesus10101

Jul 17, 2016
    London
  6. Turkaku

Turkaku Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2017
  7. dasding

dasding GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2015
    Gambia, The
    that screenshot literally only displays Mega Potion translated and the modified font, you're way to easy to impress lol

8. Jesus10101

Jul 17, 2016
    London
    Its because iam having so much trouble trying to learn on how to translate the arc files i extracted from your guide that even the smallest thing will impress me.

9. Ki18

Ki18 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    Love the look of the font in the patch. Nice and clear to read.

10. Darkdawn665

Darkdawn665 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
  11. m0nm0npalam0n

m0nm0npalam0n Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2017
    Can't wait for the v1 release! Great work as always guys!

12. Kromlech

Kromlech Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2010
    United States
    Is there an estimate you can share with us for how much space (on the SD) those files will require?

Thanks for your responses and even more so for your time and effort!

13. dasding

dasding GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2015
    Gambia, The
    ~18Mb

14. Josephine1991

Josephine1991 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2017
    United States
    So, new to this whole thing and just confused on how this stuff works. What will I need exactly to get this working when it comes out? I have arm9, FBI, Luma, and Hourglass on my 3ds. I have the JPN Monster Hunter XX.cia. I haven't installed it yet because I didn't know if I should wait til the patch to do that. But what will I need to do with the patch? Is it just another cia that I install using FBI? Or do I need to do something else with it regarding the MHXX jpn cia i already have? Or do I need another program to apply a patch to a game? Thanks for the help

PseudoSalty likes this.
  15. VivreDNA

VivreDNA Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Indonesia
    U will just nee NTR and CIA patch from here.
    -install mhxx
    -install cia patch
    -run NTR
    -play the game...

16. the_otsutsuki

the_otsutsuki Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    If I don't wanna use the ntr patch the delta patch would be the way to go right ?
    Also which one would you guys recommend ?

17. Coffee Prosecutor

Coffee Prosecutor Asking too much.

Jan 3, 2016
    Gambia, The
    If you do not wanna mess with any stuff at all just grab a prepatched cia from that iso site once the patch is out.
    Easiest and most comfortable way to go.

Last edited by Coffee Prosecutor, Mar 21, 2017
  18. Antari

Antari Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2017
    Poland
    I have a question regarding prepatched cia from iso site. Will such file be compatible with JKSM? Because I read somewhere that you can't import saves of such prepatched games. I'm asking because when western version will be released I'd like to convert my XX save file to Generations Ultimate (probably), just like I did with transition from X to Generations. I'm not sure if it'll work with prepatched cia.

I'm pretty sure it'll work with NTR method because it doesn't change cia file like prepatching. It just adds translation through NTR to normal japanese cia of XX.

Anyone knows?

19. Coffee Prosecutor

Coffee Prosecutor Asking too much.

Jan 3, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I used a prepatched MHX save, converted to Gen and converted it back to MHX to use on XX.

No issues at all. Just had to sell European event armor.

20. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Well it would be your only other option, depending how much is left untranslated in v1 it might be better to stick to NTR so its easy to upgrade, I mean the MHX translation patch had 11 versions? hopefully down the like MHXX gets an update to the game which should allow for the translation patch to be built into that making it easy to update.

I don't know where you read that, pre-patched CIAs shouldn't mess with save files so XX to localized version should work (if its going to work) regardless if you used pre-patched or not, I mean as far as the game is concerned it doesn't know NTR is patching files so if pre-patched broke something so would NTR which in turn would mean this patch in general broke something.

Coffee Prosecutor likes this.