ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I'm concerned with is the c-stick. Isn't it still broken with HANS?
I'm gonna have to choose between translated skills or a usable camera.
A temporary(shitty) solution is to make your armor sets and gather with the patch, then hunt with region free.

Flowey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A temporary(shitty) solution is to make your armor sets and gather with the patch, then hunt with region free.
This was my plan, but I've still got at least a week before my copy comes in, so I'll hold out and pray it gets fixed.

Ki18

Trophies
XP
Country
Lack of C-stick is far too much of an inconvenience I feel (unless someone can get it to work) to warrant an English patch. I'm unlikely to pick up a Japanese version in any case but would be interested in seeing the progression early doors and see what is and isn't working with everything regarding use with CFW etc.

Reactions: Deleted User

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Eh, someone on the Chinese forums is saying he'll release a cia version by 26th noon because he doesn't know how to remove headers. The hype is real! :D

It's 5:40 in the morning now in China, I hope he does release it by noon, a lot of people would appreciate that.

Reactions: Deleted User

BMO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So any info when it comes out japan? Part of me hopes it never reaches the US so i can rub it in peoples faces..... Im terrible.
the .3DS/.CIA has leaked out today but the official release isnt for another 2 days in japan

Longius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, thank you for this !!!
Just a question, can i run a patched game on Sky3ds with Hans only ? My FW is 9.9X so i can't use CFW or gateway

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be possible to get a patched cia in the future and install it on N3ds emunand 9.2 that uses gateway?

Zouiguipopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So what we need ? to wait a special .cia with game translated ? or we can use any .cia of the game and after we can use the patch ? tell us what we do now please :)

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
So what we need ? to wait a special .cia with game translated ? or we can use any .cia of the game and after we can use the patch ? tell us what we do now please :)

I will provide an NTR plugin and an executable which can patch a romfs.bin.

Methods:
1. You can extract romfs.bin from a cia, patch it and rebuild a patched cia.
2. You can just use the NTR plugin with NTR CFW.
3. IF HANS should work you can use a patched romfs in the HANS folder (shortcut etc. willl be provided).

Note:
IF braindump works (which i doubt) you can dump a romfs.bin from the cartridge, if not you will have to acquire a romfs.bin elsewhere.

prepatched cia's are expected to pop up (built by using method 1).

This is what you can work with. The rest is up to you.

Coulder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I will provide an NTR plugin and an executable which can patch a romfs.bin.

Methods:
1. You can extract romfs.bin from a cia, patch it and rebuild a patched cia.
2. You can just use the NTR plugin with NTR CFW.
3. IF HANS should work you can use a patched romfs in the HANS folder (shortcut etc. willl be provided).

Note:
IF braindump works (which i doubt) you can dump a romfs.bin from the cartridge, if not you will have to acquire a romfs.bin elsewhere.

prepatched cia's are expected to pop up (built by using method 1).

This is what you can work with. The rest is up to you.

to apply the patch doesnt work at .3dz/.3ds file?

Longius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The game has the AP check so it wont work on Sky3DS.
Sorry i wasn't clear enough i meaned by using the sky3ds (With Ninha + Hans) to play it on my Eur N3DS with a legit imported version of the game, in order to apply patch and getting the updates without connecting on the Jap Eshop

Last edited by Longius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM