Portugal

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Compiles fine now, good job!

For those interested in compiled binaries, I'm hosting them on my website.

http://mirror.gs2012.xyz

More especifically, the Lima3DS CFW section.

http://mirror.gs2012.xyz/3DS/CFW/Lima3DS
Being that I like to test stuff, I did some testing.
Everything seems to work alright for me. The D9 bootloader works just fine and was able to dump and restore my NAND without breaking my system. Other features worked as well.
The Lima3DS CFW itself booted up just fine. Of course that's be expected, but I also had to make sure other basic features were still working.
So I launched me some Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories to test out the GBA and it worked! As well the GBA boot splash worked when told to work and didn't show a bootsplash when told not to. Simple stuff, but since the payloads paths were changed, it's always worth checking.
DS Mode was tested with an R4i Gold Rev7 worked just fine
Pirated DSi games were tested with Shantae: Risky's Revenge. Worked as well
Hacked DSi: TWL Slot 1 launcher, launched without a hassle
Homebrew CIAs: tikSweep launched and cleaned up some uninstalled games without hassle
Region Free: Dragon Quest 7, EU on US system: Worked just fine
High Memory Mode: Monster Hunter Generations: Booted and rebooted when game was closed (normal on old3DS)

So basic functions all seem to work just fine, this including all the basic functions for D9 and Luma. I would complain about them being detached features, but this isn't even Alpha. But it does appear anything using High Memory mode (DS(i), GBA, MH/Smash) all reset to the bootloader, which is kind of annoying.

@Billy Acuña Also have you considered using something like CakesFW or corbenik? I feel like integrating D9 into their menus might be easier as well open up more options. Plus with corbenik, you already have a bootloader that supports backgrounds, from there it's about about making a fancy theme.

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Everything seems to work alright for me. The D9 bootloader works just fine and was able to dump and restore my NAND without breaking my system. Other features worked as well.
The Lima3DS CFW itself booted up just fine. Of course that's be expected, but I also had to make sure other basic features were still working.
So I launched me some Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories to test out the GBA and it worked! As well the GBA boot splash worked when told to work and didn't show a bootsplash when told not to. Simple stuff, but since the payloads paths were changed, it's always worth checking.
Homebrew CIAs: tikSweep launched and cleaned up some uninstalled games without hassle
High Memory Mode: Monster Hunter Generations: Booted and rebooted when game was closed (normal on old3DS)

So basic functions all seem to work just fine, this including all the basic functions for D9 and Luma. I would complain about them being detached features, but this isn't even Alpha. But it does appear anything using High Memory mode (DS(i), GBA, MH/Smash) all reset to the bootloader, which is kind of annoying.

@Billy Acuña Also have you considered using something like CakesFW or corbenik? I feel like integrating D9 into their menus might be easier as well open up more options. Plus with corbenik, you already have a bootloader that supports backgrounds, from there it's about about making a fancy theme.
You can theme Lima3DS, for top screen, put your image in lima folder as "border.bin", as for bottom screen put it as "botbkg.bin". Right now I'm working to implement the config stuff into Lima3DS's UI and remove it from LimaCFW, that's is why I didn't a pre-release atm, also I will extend the config options in a near future, as for now, current options from the lastest Luma's config are fine.

shawn_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I love the idea of integrating D9 into corbenik. Awesome idea, I love corbenik/Skeith as is...but...a new rxtools that is corbenik/Skeith on the inside, might be cool. Thanks @billy acuna for your work on this! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I love the idea of integrating D9 into corbenik. Awesome idea, I love corbenik/Skeith as is...but...a new rxtools that is corbenik/Skeith on the inside, might be cool. Thanks @billy acuna for your work on this! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mmm... I might consider that, rxTools used to use external patches, so probably will do something with Corbenik.

Reactions: shawn_

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Reactions: laharl22

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Delayed again, I'm working on other stuff [emoji14] sorry, but hey, it is open source, so if anyone want to fork it and make PRs (or not), go ahead :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)