I don't think i have the same file
upload_2017-1-16_15-20-40.png

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to prevent what happens to Kaze after Birthright 15? It's impossible to save him if he's replaced with an amiibo unit since they have no supports.

For now, it is not possible as you would still need Kaze A support with the actual unit itself rather than the replacement. Perhaps @thane98 may include it as a future feature but for now stability of the randomizer is the top priority before considering possible fixes for character deaths.

WhipperTSnapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now, it is not possible as you would still need Kaze A support with the actual unit itself rather than the replacement. Perhaps @thane98 may include it as a future feature but for now stability of the randomizer is the top priority before considering possible fixes for character deaths.
So if I have Kaze replacing Subaki and I get to A with him before Birthright 15, will Robin (who replaced Kaze) survive?

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think i have the same file View attachment 75226

I sincerely hope this is a joke.

So if I have Kaze replacing Subaki and I get to A with him before Birthright 15, will Robin (who replaced Kaze) survive?
I do not know whether this would affect that given I haven't gone through that route with modified files.

Assuming this is the gay patch, I believe it would not. In the alternative, possibly but that require coding for that chapter specifically to be reviewed by @thane98 that I have no knowledge of given that there is some hidden variable that relates to Kaze in some way or form.

Also sorry for consistently bothering you with mentions thane98.

Last edited by Redbit,

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
btw we are talking about the fates randomizer not feat.exe

Okay then excuse my choice of words. Because you're using winrar, you will need to extract it to see the .jar file.
The reason you're seeing another "supposed" rar file is because those are the contents that allow the .jar to run properly.

Shark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone walk me through this process?? i followed all the instructions but apparently the romfs file on the sd card was invalid so it didnt work, and i can't figure out why

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can someone walk me through this process?? i followed all the instructions but apparently the romfs file on the sd card was invalid so it didnt work, and i can't figure out why

Well for starters, what did you do?

If it's just the reading, is the file id correct?

Shark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to my knowledge, the file id was correct. i had dumped the romfs, unpacked and decompressed the specified files, ran the randomizer using said files, recompressed and rebuilt them, then renamed the file name to the last 8 chars of the version id, overwrote the necessary files, and then put them in a new folder and booted up HANS

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
to my knowledge, the file id was correct. i had dumped the romfs, unpacked and decompressed the specified files, ran the randomizer using said files, recompressed and rebuilt them, then renamed the file name to the last 8 chars of the version id, overwrote the necessary files, and then put them in a new folder and booted up HANS

Did you re-merge the modified files with the romfs before running FEAT for the second time?

JMDBS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way for me to do this without dumping all paths? I keep getting directed to put c folders for revelations in when I just want to randomize birthright

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way for me to do this without dumping all paths? I keep getting directed to put c folders for revelations in when I just want to randomize birthright
The randomizer works with only one path - if you're seeing errors like that, the randomizer couldn't find anything for Birthright and Conquest, so it started looking for Revelation files. If you're running a European version, did you rename your folder in m from @U to @E before trying to randomize? You need to do that beforehand, just make sure to rename things back once you're done.

Shark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im trying the whole process again (dumping to unpacking to decompressing to randomizing to etc) and i found a certain file in the persons folder titled CY02.bin.lz that wont decompress for some reason. will this affect randomization and how can i successfully decompress it?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im trying the whole process again (dumping to unpacking to decompressing to randomizing to etc) and i found a certain file in the persons folder titled CY02.bin.lz that wont decompress for some reason. will this affect randomization and how can i successfully decompress it?
A lot of people have experienced difficulties when decompressing that file for whatever reason. That one isn't touched by the randomizer, so you can just leave it.

Shark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i have all the dlc downloaded for my copy of birthright (all three paths bought) should the randomizer still work and would it work for all three paths? because i tried to randomize and after prepping the hack the game didn't actually randomize (i loaded the prologue and all the chars were normal).

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if i have all the dlc downloaded for my copy of birthright (all three paths bought) should the randomizer still work and would it work for all three paths? because i tried to randomize and after prepping the hack the game didn't actually randomize (i loaded the prologue and all the chars were normal).

Firstly, unless your romFS specifically has all 3 paths loaded on it (eg. path A,B,C) and the randomizer recognizes said paths, yes the randomizer will work. DLC paths are not dumped if using a game card. Downloaded copies might work but I haven't done a singular version dump.

I assume you didn't repack the files in that case, that is a common issue otherwise, try finishing the chapter and see whether the sprites change in the next map. Ally units tend to remain as-is for the chapter and change afterwards. This one common issue as instead of getting the swap, you may end up with the ally unit for that chapter instead for the rest of the game. (eg. My revelation playthrough where Xander replaces Gunter but Gunter still stayed)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality