Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
logo.png

(Japanese to English)​

Recently took a look at Fate/kaleid, I had taken a quick look in the past and got no where but with new tools like Kuriimu I figured it was worth a shot! Kuriimu opened up the .arc files no problems and editing/importing images is a breeze!

I had hoped most of the Main Menu and stuff was actually images like I've seen in past games, thought a menu translation would be nice but that wasn't the case, most of the text is actually in .lua files, spent the past week working out how to get the text out and injecting in new text! which I've seemed to work out now! so I have various menus translated.

fLcTEIQm.png
Omln7vpm.png
Ic8fvcpm.png
AfBFC9fm.png

Most of the text was loosely translated with *shudders* Google Translate, but it should be fine with simple menu stuff, next up we have the story! now this isn't something I will touch since its not something I can translate but its possible to do so!

At first I was worried the character limit was going to screw the possibility, 29 top line and 28 bottom but a bit more poking around and managed to decrease the font size allowing for more characters! though it would be best to try keep as few characters as possible as to not make the size too small since it affects all story related text.

2TFz2XMm.png
oDUtEBTm.png

Now... for the main reason I'm even making this post.

Help Needed!
Translating is not a skill set I have, curious if anyone would be interested in translating, at the very least getting the card list with its name and descriptions done along with the tutorial to make the game a bit more playable but at the end of the day full story translation would be nice.

I would be doing all the actual text injection stuff myself since my tools for doing so are not user friendly at all, I have however been toying with a web frontend (still WIP) that contains all the story text and input boxes to "submit" translations so if you can translate you'd just need a web browser!

dXQzsGvl.png

If there is any interest, drop me a PM, would need to get an account setup on the site to access all the text.

Now with that section out of the way, lets attach a v0!

I believe all the Menus are translated along with the odd image here or there, if no translators are interested this is most likely where this translation stays, I may get around to some of the text/images I've missed that are simple translations.

I'm mainly posting in its current state to gauge interest since I know the game wasn't received well and I can see why with the brief time I've spent playing but I like everything Fate so took a look at it anyway.

Using v0 requires Luma Game Patching, should just be a matter of dropping the luma folder on your SD card.

Attachments

• ProjectIllyaV0.zip
    146.4 KB · Views: 520

DarkSynopsis

OP
Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Not so much a font file, I just reduced the size of the text within one the layout files found within one or the arc files, I'll take a look soon and see if I can figure out which file it was :P been awhile since I've touched any of the files for this game.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

DarkSynopsis

OP
Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
File to change the font size was "message_window.lua" can be found in "romfs/scripts/drama/object"

Here is the version I used in the screenshot.

If you open with a HEX Editor the edited addresses are.

000013C4 = 48
000013CD = 54

Those are the original values, I set them to 40 and 46.

Attachments

• message_window.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 228
Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

Narublacking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to modify the menu language but it seems that I do not modify the lua files with notepad ++ xD. I hope your translation comes out great

DarkSynopsis

OP
Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I tried to modify the menu language but it seems that I do not modify the lua files with notepad ++ xD. I hope your translation comes out great

I use a HEX Editor myself, the likely reason it didn't work when you made changes is there is a HEX Value in there that wants to know the number of bytes the file string contains, say you change "Story Mode" if its any more or less characters its not going to work since a hex value is set to "0B" or "11" in int8, so Story Mode would = 10 plus there is "00" in HEX after Story Mode, most likely to say its the end of the string which needs to be counted so 11.

6bYMXEB.png

Quick Image that hopefully makes sense of that, maybe, sure I've not used the right terms but meh...

DarkSynopsis

OP
Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
So... is there a completed translation for this game yet or just the incomplete project?

AFAIK there is just this, translation work was being done up till the start of this year but I haven't heard anything in awhile and there was still some non translation issues to workout with getting text to fit nicer and such, at this point though it might be better for me to spend time just getting what is translated back into the game, I wanted to wait and make sure all the text was QCed so it was only a one time deal but that is seeming less likely.

At least if I get what is done in, it won't be wasted effort on the translators part.

Zeninari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to set it up?

Alright So Make Sure You Have Your 3ds Sd Card Pulled Up Along With The Extracted Data From The Archive

Step 1 Go Into The Extracted Files And Find The Title Id For The Game: It Should Be This Number For The English Version(In The Archive): 00040000000FA700

Then Go Into Your 3ds Sd Card And Go Through These Folders:
Luma -> Titles -> Bunch Of Folders With Ids

So Here You Need To Find The Id Folder Corispoding To The One Above(It Has The Same Name)
For Me I Have A Chromebook So I Just Search For The Id Within The Folder Using The Search Bar Provided
However This Did Not Work For Me So Just Pase The Folder Into The Luma Folder Along With The Rest Of The Folders. Most Likely I Never Switched The Locale So A Folder Was Never Made.

Anyway Once You Have Put The Folder In That Directory You Can Exit Your Sd Card And Put It Back In Your 3ds.
One More Step Is Needed Though.

While Booting Hold Select To Boot Into The Luma Menu Look At The Options And Select The Following Option: "Enable Game Patching"
This Option Allows Luma To Pach Over Games And For Most People They Use This Option For Mods On Some Games. I Use It For My Ocarina Of Time Randomizer As Well. Anyway Push Start To Save.

Then Try Booting The Game, It Should Be Now In English(Keep In Mind Only Some Parts At This Time Are Currently Dubbed)

Wait Till The Main Menu To See If It Worked You Should See This Image:
fLcTEIQm.png

If You See This Congrats You Have Now Patched The Game To Be Somewhat In English For The Time Being!

Comment If You Are Confused And I Will Try To Help You. Have A Great Day When You See This!

EDIT: Sorry I Think I Was A Bit Unclear What We Were Actually Dumping Into The Id Folder. We Are Dumping The Folder Named romfs Into The Title Id Folder Belonging To The Game We Are Trying To Patch. Sorry For Any Confusion.

Last edited by Zeninari,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1