[WIP] EX-Troopers English Translation

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by goodiesohhi, Oct 18, 2017.

1. goodiesohhi
    OP

goodiesohhi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    Canada
    No one wants to do it so I'm gonna try to do it. The font seems to be standard MT Framework .tex files. I also see a bunch of gmd files that I could open with Kuriimu.
    Anyone knows where to go from here? I'll do it if it's tedious but I'm not very skilled.
    Menus: 5% (estimate)
    Dialogue: 0.07% (estimate)
    Cutscenes 0%: (maybe I can extract the moflex, add subtitles and reencode it?)

Images
    Screenshots
    EDIT: So editing the menus are easy enough. I also have an idea on how to edit the story text.

Last edited by goodiesohhi, Oct 18, 2017
  2. damin

damin Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Yo, I know no one's said anything yet or seems to have interest, but by god you go you.

3. wakabayashy

wakabayashy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    France
    good luck ! I'll follow this :)

4. SuperStardust

SuperStardust Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2015
    United States
    YES PLEASE
    I've been waiting for this for years!! Best of luck!

wakabayashy likes this.
  5. Manana

Manana Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    FINALLY, Your a F****** legend!!!! I made an account just to support this lol.

6. goodiesohhi
    OP

goodiesohhi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    Canada
    Yeah.. Might take a while though. This game has a very large amount of text and I'm kind of using google translate and intuition to translate it.. Soo it may be rough at first. I have no idea why no one bothered to translate this game yet....

Manana likes this.
  7. Rikua

Rikua Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    The main reason are the "Manga" style images they use as dialogue boxes. Those are images, not text. The 3ds and the PS3 version are ULTRA picky when you mess with those images. Lots of people have attempted to translate this, it's just too much work for a small team.

8. goodiesohhi
    OP

goodiesohhi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    Canada
    You mean the cutscenes or normal dialogue.. Cause normal dialogues are editable and the cutscenes can be subbed using the new moflex tools.
    Here are some pictures of the first tutorial mission which is now fully translated minus cutscenes.. https://imgur.com/a/aCnME

Last edited by goodiesohhi, Nov 2, 2017
    zfreeman and Rikua like this.
  9. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    That's pretty awesome. I was quite disappointing with how they just left the game in Japan.

10. Rikua

Rikua Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    I was of course super skeptical until you posted those screens. Those new tools are a godsend. Might also work on the PS3 version. I'll dig my copy out and rip it and find out. Thanks for letting me know! I'll see if I can find an old translated scrip[t for the game.

11. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    oh wow, what are the chances that I found out about this game and not to long ago this thread popped up
    if anything, how playable is the game not knowing what stuff says?

12. Manana

Manana Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    Any progress?

13. Huy98vn

Huy98vn Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2017
    Vietnam
    Thanks, finally there's someone doing this.

14. goodiesohhi
    OP

goodiesohhi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    Canada
    Umm this game has craploads of text. As you can see from the screenshots of that software I posted. Expect like a year. I still need to not fail school XD.