Homebrew [WIP]Cydia for 3DS - A repo based package manager for the 3DS

AtlanticBit

Yeh, fuck this
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The title says it all: I am making a package manager for the 3DS. It is all repo based and once it's usable I will release a tutorial on making such a repo and maintaining it, all repos will need MySQL and a PHP server. CTRepo(new name) will have 1 version: A CIA one . The CIA version installs CIA packages and themes. CTRepo supports updates as well as installing external CIAs. In later versions CTRepo will support paid packages as well as downloading Launcher.dats for MSET or spiderhax. The thing mainly slowing me down is the interface so any help will do.

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I could have sworn someone was already working on a Homebrew Browser equivalent.

I also could have sworn I've seen you make this thread before.

Man I'm imagining threads all over the place here.

If you mean DownloadMii, then yes, but this here is better, because people like me who don´t have Cubic Ninja can also use this.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
the name is like someone making an audio player for 3ds and calling it 'itunes' - surely you can think of a better name...?
and sure things like this are ok, but not worthwhile on both parts (the user and the developer), until there is MUCH more homebrew created... - my opinion.

Reactions: MaK11-12 and Idaho

AtlanticBit

Yeh, fuck this
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
the name is like someone making an audio player for 3ds and calling it 'itunes' - surely you can think of a better name...?
and sure things like this are ok, but not worthwhile on both parts (the user and the developer), until there is MUCH more homebrew created... - my opinion.
yeah, the naming is weird, but for those who know Cydia it's obvious what it does.

Reactions: chrisluna413

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title says it all: I am making a package manager for the 3DS. It is all repo based and once it's usable I will release a tutorial on making such a repo and maintaining it, all repos will need MySQL and a PHP server. CyDS(shorter name) will have 2 versions: A CIA one and A 3DSx one. The CIA version installs CIA packages, themes and 3DSx versions(yes, CIA version CAN run 3DSxes) and the 3DSx version does everything that the CIA version does except for installing CIAs. CyDS supports updates as well as installing external CIAs. In later versions CyDS will support paid packages as well as downloading Launcher.dats for MSET or spiderhax. The thing mainly slowing me down is the interface so any help will do.

+1 Internet for you

Reactions: AtlanticBit

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could have sworn someone was already working on a Homebrew Browser equivalent.

I also could have sworn I've seen you make this thread before.

Man I'm imagining threads all over the place here.
There is a Homebrew Browser already, and there's also DownloadMii which is pretty much the same thing except 10x better.

Reactions: filfat

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you've really got 3dsx loading working from a cia now, you should release that feature immediately, regardless of ugliness...
1) before anyone else does, so you get to look awesome, and
2) so I can finally update my damn emunand from 9.2.

Reactions: filfat

AtlanticBit

Yeh, fuck this
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you've really got 3dsx loading working from a cia now, you should release that feature immediately, regardless of ugliness...
1) before anyone else does, so you get to look awesome, and
2) so I can finally update my damn emunand from 9.2.
Expect something within a month, if not released(3DSx runner) then I didn't manage C programming.

AtlanticBit

Yeh, fuck this
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
thanks, also remember it is an idea not a ready product, writing it will take a lot of time as as I am totally green with C(++) and have almost no knowledge in ctrulib

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1