Homebrew [WIP] ButtonSwap3DS - Remap buttons on your 3DS

mcaboosec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... is it possible to have a A <> Y version ?
By the way does your App switch the button between two specifify input or can assign any input or any button ?
Yep, attached. It is possible to set it to do a swap (A<>Y) or outright replace a button (A=>Y, L+B=>R).

Great work!
Is it possible to get one for "Home"?
Sorry, no. The hardware is different between the regular buttons and the home/power buttons. If it is possible, it can't be done with this setup.

Attachments

• ButtonSwap3DS_A-Y.zip
    708.9 KB · Views: 279
Reactions: ChrisN8

ChrisN8

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you thats awesome, so we can even make complex setup that's amazing i hope you will get access to C-stick and ZL/ZR buttons ! i wish i could make one myself but that's not really my thing ^^, anyway good luck.

Last edited by ChrisN8,
Reactions: FlappyFalco
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been looking for something like this for two years!!! Any chance you have a swap with the R and L buttons or maybe L+A= R? I hope that in the future, we will be able to map the buttons from the program we install in the 3ds itself. Nevertheless, keep up the good work! You're awesome dude!

Last edited by Christian Paul Ramos,

a74kR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I can't seem to get the build environment working (bannertool: Command not found when running make). I'd appreciate it if someone could do a L<-->A swap.

mcaboosec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get the build environment working (bannertool: Command not found when running make). I'd appreciate it if someone could do a L<-->A swap.
bannertool is part of buildtools from Steveice10: https://github.com/Steveice10/buildtools. You'll need to put the appropriate bannertool and makerom in your path. I put mine in /usr/bin so it would automatically be found by Linux.

I've been looking for something like this for two years!!! Any chance you have a swap with the R and L buttons or maybe L+A= R? I hope that in the future, we will be able to map the buttons from the program we install in the 3ds itself. Nevertheless, keep up the good work! You're awesome dude!
Let me know which one you want. I can build one with either one of those or both.

Trophies
XP
Country
@
Let me know which one you want. I can build one with either one of those or both.[/QUOTE]
@mcaboosec thank you so much! I will be patient about this since you are the only person I've seen who did this for the 2 years I have been looking for a solution for a unresponsive R button. I tried installing devkitpro and git just to find out that what you do is NOT for novices like me! Haha!

For dragon ball fusions, you need to dash with B and R with forward, Y=R
For monster hunter 4 ultimate, R is used to run, L=R
For final fantasy explorers, X=R

I hope there are more people here who have the same situation I have with some of the games as well so that many people will also benefit from my request.

Trophies
XP
Country
Let me know which one you want. I can build one with either one of those or both.[/QUOTE]
@mcaboosec thank you so much! I will be patient about this since you are the only person I've seen who did this for the 2 years I have been looking for a solution for a unresponsive R button. I tried installing devkitpro and git just to find out that what you do is NOT for novices like me! Haha!

For dragon ball fusions, you need to dash with B and R with forward, Y=R
For monster hunter 4 ultimate, R is used to run, L=R
For final fantasy explorers, X=R

I hope there are more people here who have the same situation I have with some of the games as well so that many people will also benefit from my request.[/QUOTE]

a74kR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
bannertool is part of buildtools from Steveice10: https://github.com/Steveice10/buildtools. You'll need to put the appropriate bannertool and makerom in your path. I put mine in /usr/bin so it would automatically be found by Linux.

Let me know which one you want. I can build one with either one of those or both.

I managed to get it working. Thanks for making this tool. Would be nice to see ZL/ZR support as well in the future.

Shawnj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Can someone make a version where pushing a D-pad button will push R? I came to the 3DS from the Wii U, and I'm used to pushing the D-pad for items in Mario kart 7 from playing Mario Kart 8 on the Gamepad.

CheddarChad51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying this devkitpro/bannertools/makerom/etc. stuff for hours and I can't seem to get things to work. All I really want is a .cia where the left D-pad button is L and the right D-pad button is R (my L and R buttons are shot). Would that be something you could compile for me please?

Reactions: KoalaBoy
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've been trying this devkitpro/bannertools/makerom/etc. stuff for hours and I can't seem to get things to work. All I really want is a .cia where the left D-pad button is L and the right D-pad button is R (my L and R buttons are shot). Would that be something you could compile for me please?
I'm pretty sure he can do that but he must be busy. :)

a74kR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Here you go. I haven't tested them but they were done in the same way as my L<>B swap so it should be fine.

Attachments

• ButtonSwap3DS LR Swap.7z
    314.8 KB · Views: 252
  • ButtonSwap3DS XR Swap.7z
    314.7 KB · Views: 230
  • ButtonSwap3DS YR Swap.7z
    315.1 KB · Views: 243
Trophies
XP
Country
Here you go. I haven't tested them but they were done in the same way as my L<>B swap so it should be fine.
I will test them for you man!!!!

EDIT:
X and R works well on dragon ball fusions! I'll give you feedback about the other two later.

EDIT:
L=R works well for monster hunter 4 ultimate!

Y=R works great for Final Fantasy Explorers!

Thanks to you, I can finally play these games!!! Have a good one!!! :D

Reactions: emuashui

mcaboosec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for helping with that, @a74kR. I've been a bit busy this week. @Christian Paul Ramos, if you want, I can build different versions that will allow all of those to be installed at the same time.

@CheddarChad51, I can get that built for you tonight. What issues are you having with setting up the build environment? I'll help out any way I can.

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for helping with that, @a74kR. I've been a bit busy this week. @Christian Paul Ramos, if you want, I can build different versions that will allow all of those to be installed at the same time.

@CheddarChad51, I can get that built for you tonight. What issues are you having with setting up the build environment? I'll help out any way I can.

@mcaboosec No problem man! Nevertheless, if you didn't start this, I probably won't be able to play these games! So again, thank you very much for making this possible!

Making all of them work at the same time? Sure! I'll try it for you man. :)

danger229

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mcaboosec I must thank you for the CIA for a L+B=R version that i found in one of your other posts, Had my right hinge cracked for a while due to use and due to some things that were done to prevent the system from falling apart completely i had to seal off the R Button. this allowed me to play some games that i could not play before :D

edit: Munchlax in the chat helped me figure out how i needed to build the cia, many thanks to him

Last edited by danger229,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs