[WIP] ButtonSwap3DS - Remap buttons on your 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mcaboosec, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Feffe

Feffe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2008
    Italy
    No, I meant circle pad. Basically I'd like the circle pad not to be mapped to the dpad (and therefore vice-versa) while pressing L

Anyway thanks for your answer :)

2. danger229

danger229 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    ok, either way i still need to get the CPad to press buttons so until then i wont be able to make a version for this. It does not seem to be supported by the OPs source code and i dont know assembly to manually add such a thing

Feffe likes this.
  3. danger229

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    so just a few things to update on: Any versions that are being requested for the moment are using a test version of my program which i can have a .cia with up to 12 rebinds (swaps take two bind slots) at once. I encourage people to request versions of this with this in mind, it should work since its just adding a few slots. As of right now i can not automatically build versions that outputs CPad, I will see if anyone in the Nintendo Homebrew discord can help me out in making some means to making a bit for allowing for CPad to be used as an input for a rebind tomorrow. looks like there needs to be a new function of sorts in the injected.s file for that though and i don't know how i should alter the file to that

4. proapc

proapc Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2008
    Colombia
    Colombia
    thank you @a74kR for this, I tried L<->R and it works, but if I press both buttons they got cancelled. For example I'm playing Metroid Samus Returns and with this I can't aim and shoot missiles at the same time

5. danger229

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    give this one a try, iirc older versions had a problem with pressing multiple buttons at a time that would trigger other buttons causing some undesired effects

Attached Files:

proapc likes this.
  6. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Is there a way to make select act as left stick up while keeping the left stick fully functional with this? I'm playing a game which has some really annoying controls.

Last edited by dimmidice, Sep 19, 2017
    danger229 likes this.
  7. proapc

proapc Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2008
    Colombia
    Colombia
    Thank you very much!

8. danger229

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    Try this, had to make this on manually since i did not quite finish cpad support on my program yet.

Attached Files:

dimmidice likes this.
  9. Angeelgod

Angeelgod Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2017
    Chile
    Can someone please make (or link if was already made) a build to dpad <=> cpad and cpad<=> dpad? because the ones that I found searching on this threads, just make the dpad act as the circlepad, but the cpad remains as just the cpad

10. danger229

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    Doing such a thing at this moment is currently not possible, something about how its made does not allow a rebind where the CPad is used as an input. its something that can be made, but i dont have that knowledge to do so, sorry

11. Assonabadir

Assonabadir Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2017
    Italy
    Is it possible to make the following changes?
    D pad -> C pad
    L+Select -> Down (D pad)
    L+start -> Right (D pad)

12. MyLegGuy

MyLegGuy Moron

Nov 26, 2014
    United States

13. danger229

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    CStick and CPad are two different things, provided they mean the CPad, i can make something when i have everything set up on my new laptop

mcaboosec likes this.
  14. v18281

v18281 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2015
    Afghanistan
    Anyone has A-B swap? It's for kirby. Thanks.

15. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    I believe that's what the default one in the OP is. It makes it like an Xbox controller.

v18281 likes this.
  16. danger229

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    yah, the default one provided by OP is an A=B B=A swap, dont think it was made after an edit to the code that fixed some things about multiple buttons being pressed though, dont think the AB swap one had the problem though so it should be perfectly fine to use

v18281 and Giodude like this.
  17. v18281

v18281 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2015
    Afghanistan
    Nice. I didn't know that. Thanks!

18. kathy

kathy Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2012
    United States
    is there one that makes it so that X functions as an L or R button? i know someone who's hemiplegic and has difficulty spin jumping in super mario maker

19. LinkKenedy

LinkKenedy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2015
    France
    My button R is damaged, so I can’t lunch missiles in Metroid Prime Samus Returns, someone who make a solution for my problem? I don’t want install .cia so, it’s works in .3dsx?

20. danger229

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    as of right now i dont have some things set up to make builds of this, i will see about getting everything resetup this week and build you a version, any preference on if the X button functions as the L button, R button or Both?

this tool does not work with .3dsx, with what the tool does, it can not functions if it were to somehow be run as a .3dsx.

LinkKenedy likes this.