Hacking Trails/Kiseki modding

legendaryheroes123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I put the new files in the scena folder but when I try to run, it automatically crashes. Also, how can I apply the new patch files to
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0aTbbxK4xIhU1ZMUm9QbXFLQzg/view?usp=sharing

here is the link for the patch. This patch includes voices, items skills etc and story text. Let me know if there are any problems. Warning this patch is 700 MBs because of the voice files. this also includes xdelta for you to use to patch. Use a clean iso.

marbepal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
new scena applied in pc(copy and paste) is still borked. might be working well for chapter 1 onwards
upload_2017-7-21_0-49-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-21_0-48-51.png
    upload_2017-7-21_0-48-51.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 233

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something went wrong here, and it's very strange. It's as if the google translate translation and the spreadsheet had a baby. Like, the lines are more readable but aren't matching up with the spreadsheet. It's really bizarre. As if they two were actually mixed together somehow and not totally separate as they should be.

Last edited by Fugsnarf,
Reactions: marbepal
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
New scena patch uploaded.
The spreadsheet is overlaid over the translate.google strings.
Is the sidequests translated in the new patch update?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You are supposed to use flame's tools for now.

Once I finish the table and image insertion, I'll make a easier method which just requires xdelta3.
Hey, will you please make/upload the patch for the new translated version of ao which has kitsune's translation? I really don't know how to apply scena .. Thanks!!

antarusch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Something went wrong here, and it's very strange. It's as if the google translate translation and the spreadsheet had a baby. Like, the lines are more readable but aren't matching up with the spreadsheet. It's really bizarre. As if they two were actually mixed together somehow and not totally separate as they should be.

Yes, I tried the prologue a little and indeed they seem to be mixed but I got to say it is an improvement over the first one, it's more understandable.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Is the sidequests translated in the new patch update?
Yes, sidequests are translated.
Hey, will you please make/upload the patch for the new translated version of ao which has kitsune's translation? I really don't know how to apply scena .. Thanks!!
I'll make a xdelta3 after I finish my table and image translation.
Yes, I tried the prologue a little and indeed they seem to be mixed but I got to say it is an improvement over the first one, it's more understandable.
Kitsune's spreadsheet doesn't have linebreaks, so I'm not sure how to deal with it right now.
One-liners without any markup from the spreadsheet are inserted. Otherwise, the giant MTL table gets used.

Last edited by uyjulian,

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You couldn't tell it to make the break itself at a certain character limit?

Also, even one-liners appear mixed up with the google translate text. Unless you mean something different by one-liner.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's hard to know what is going on exactly.

Anything over 63 characters on a single line will crash the game. That's the only case where the game will crash - anything else will just overflow the box. You can still read overflowed characters/letters but it's not pretty.
55 will take any number of lines. I tested 13 lines and it still worked.
5C and 5D will take up to five lines, and you can use a face code with them.

"Portrait boxes" are the most rare kind of box. You can see the first ones in-game toward the end of the third scene (where the goal for the lodge investigation is declared, and the game sends you on your way to explore it right after).
Portrait boxes will hold 38 characters per line.
Face boxes are the most common kind and will hold 48 characters. The developer used 3 lines throughout the entire script but up to five lines is supported. It will look weird - you can test it out.
System text and NPC text (without a face) will hold 60 characters.

Boxes autosize the width of the longest line in the opcode, and opcodes can have multiple page.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
You couldn't tell it to make the break itself at a certain character limit?

Also, even one-liners appear mixed up with the google translate text. Unless you mean something different by one-liner.
Actually, I could do that. Here's the way I'm planning to do it:
1. Match all character talking boxes
2. Match all strings
3. Remove all special characters
4. Look for string in spreadsheet
5. Store the mapping of string
6. Split/replace as needed

I don't think I'll be able to do this for strings with opcodes in the middle of them.

I could also increase the quality of MTL by translating the entire box at one time, instead of line by line.

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yes, sidequests are translated.

I'll make a xdelta3 after I finish my table and image translation.

Kitsune's spreadsheet doesn't have linebreaks, so I'm not sure how to deal with it right now.
One-liners without any markup from the spreadsheet are inserted. Otherwise, the giant MTL table gets used.
What I'm referring to is the psp patch version coz' I don't have the pc version of ao no kiseki and about the image translation, are you saying that you're going to translate image texts like tutorials and arts lists and detective notebook? (main quest, sidequest)

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Actually, I could do that. Here's the way I'm planning to do it:
1. Match all character talking boxes
2. Match all strings
3. Remove all special characters
4. Look for string in spreadsheet
5. Store the mapping of string
6. Split/replace as needed

I don't think I'll be able to do this for strings with opcodes in the middle of them.

I could also increase the quality of MTL by translating the entire box at one time, instead of line by line.

i tried writing a simple .NET app to translate those Japanese characters using kitsune's Excel
in theory it's quite simple as your step but sometimes it needs a few tricks to "replace" those strings
(i'm a DBA and a System Engineer, so programming isn't my strongest skill)

too bad i didn't have the time to fully translate those files
especially since i really want to play in English with Evo JP VA

currently i'm only translate the ChrTalk section (using https://github.com/ZhenjianYang/ZeroAoVoiceScripts/ to get the decompiled script)
maybe if i have spare time, i'll try to translate other things

i uploaded the sample if anyone interested, it's only translate the prologue section to test my app
i test this scena using PPSSPP with EVO Japanese VA patched ISO so i don't know if it'll compatible with other ISOs

hopefully your version will be up soon and better than mine
(and support PSP version with patched JP VA too) :P

Attachments

• scena_PSPwithVA.zip
    45 KB · Views: 209

MexicanTail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
After playing Ao on PC, it'd be hard for me to stomach it on PSP now haha. I could do it, but damn it looks so nice.

Also @leon315 PM'd

I'm looking for AO no Kiseki PC Version (I've bought psp import version but PC it's obviously better!), can you tell me via PM where can I find it?

Also: thanks to all users in this thread for your translating efforts, there's a lot of people out there that wants to play Ao no Kiseki in english!

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
anyone can share their Ao no Kiseki PSP SAVEDATA ?
i patched the ISO using Evo VA, it works okay.

but if i load the save data from chapter Prologue end, PPSSPP crashes :sad:
the save data from before boss fight and before equip the master quartz loads okay

Thanks!

MexicanTail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
anyone can share their Ao no Kiseki PSP SAVEDATA ?
i patched the ISO using Evo VA, it works okay.

but if i load the save data from chapter Prologue end, PPSSPP crashes :sad:
the save data from before boss fight and before equip the master quartz loads okay

Thanks!

Here a savegame from the beginning of chapter 1 :)

Attachments

• NPJH50473SAV0001.rar
    403.9 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: ils

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM