Hacking Trails/Kiseki modding

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK!

Good lord this took way longer than I thought it would to get it formatted right for the Crossbell Translation Tool. But I managed to finish the entire quest log. So you'll be able to see the names of quests on the computer and even follow the quest log in your detective notebook. Mind you, it's a horrible Google translation. The only good thing is it includes my jargon so it's not totally useless. It reads horribly and sometimes the spaces don't all line up or it goes off the page, but it'll allow you to do most quests without consulting a guide.

Download it here

This file should go into data/text in the PC version and replace the one that was there of the same name. To get this into the PSP version, Ils will need to use this to make a patch.

Last edited by Fugsnarf,

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
OK!

Good lord this took way longer than I thought it would to get it formatted right for the Crossbell Translation Tool. But I managed to finish the entire quest log. So you'll be able to see the names of quests on the computer and even follow the quest log in your detective notebook. Mind you, it's a horrible Google translation. The only good thing is it includes my jargon so it's not totally useless. It reads horribly and sometimes the spaces don't all line up or it goes off the page, but it'll allow you to do most quests without consulting a guide.

Download it here

This file should go into data/text in the PC version and replace the one that was there of the same name. To get this into the PSP version, Ils will need to use this to make a patch.

i think FrantzX1's tool can import it into existing patched ISO
it replace different files than scena translation
https://github.com/FrantzX/CrossbellTranslationTool

but current version (1.3.0) bugged and can't build ISO, wait for next version to patch it

edit: i haven't download your file yet, but if it's already compiled, i think injecting the ISO with the files works too

Last edited by ils,

CutieHopps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
i think FrantzX1's tool can import it into existing patched ISO
it replace different files than scena translation
https://github.com/FrantzX/CrossbellTranslationTool

but current version (1.3.0) bugged and can't build ISO, wait for next version to patch it

edit: i haven't download your file yet, but if it's already compiled, i think injecting the ISO with the files works too

FrantzX's tool extract those files in different format, so it's not gonna work. But as far as i remember somewhere in this post there is a iso builder tool that can extract and then build back an iso file.

MexicanTail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FrantzX's tool extract those files in different format, so it's not gonna work. But as far as i remember somewhere in this post there is a iso builder tool that can extract and then build back an iso file.

Yes, crossbell tool uses json files instead of bin files. I don't know if is possible to convert json to bin but for now the only way it's to patch a clean ISO and then extra bin files with ISO builder.

Link: ISO builder (credits to Heroes of Legend forum).

CutieHopps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Also i found out in unpleasant way that when you load the save that you make at the end of the chapter, it doesn't load correctly. So basically i lost my progression TT.

Edit: My bad accidently loaded jap version. Everything's fine

Last edited by CutieHopps,

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Yes, crossbell tool uses json files instead of bin files. I don't know if is possible to convert json to bin but for now the only way it's to patch a clean ISO and then extra bin files with ISO builder.

Link: ISO builder (credits to Heroes of Legend forum).

i just tried Fugsnarf's quest file but it seems not working in PSP version
since the file already compiled (._dt file), there's no need to use CrossbellTranslationTool
just use any ISO injector (i use WQSG_UMD_R31.exe - dunno from where) but my quest descriptions are still in Japanese

maybe there's another way but i'm stuck right now

shadow12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @ils,

I followed Sinh_Kresnik's tutorial to patch the voice from the Evo version and the game works fine. However, when I tried to apply your PSP with voice on top of it, I got a "target window checksum mismatch". Any idea on how to fix this error?

Thanks.

Edit: It seems I don't need to patch the voice before applying yours, so it works now.

Last edited by shadow12345,

NautilusGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been messing around with PPSSPP's feature that allows you to dump and replace textures and was wondering if anyone can link me a spreadsheet with the arts/quarts info.
So far ive been usin this site https://www47.atwiki.jp/ao_psp/pages/45.html with google translate. I would like to be a bit more accurate with this. And hopefully the spreadsheet is as organized so i can rush through this.
2017-08-02 15_48.png
2017-08-02 16_03.png

Reactions: uyjulian

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add to that thought, it'd be great to rip the 2D stuff from the PC port and use them as a HD asset pack for PPSSPP. I'd kinda rather do that since the analog stick support on the PC port is really really bad. I just have no idea how to decrypt the files from the PC port. But they have the same file structure, so theoretically you could just inject them and raise the internal resolution? Otherwise you'd need to play much of the game to dump all the 2D assets like character and monster sprites. I did it the other way around by copy and pasting the "chr" folder into the PC port and it replaced all the character sprites with low res PSP ones.

Last edited by Fugsnarf,

Louis_Cyphre

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've been messing around with PPSSPP's feature that allows you to dump and replace textures and was wondering if anyone can link me a spreadsheet with the arts/quarts info.
So far ive been usin this site https://www47.atwiki.jp/ao_psp/pages/45.html with google translate. I would like to be a bit more accurate with this. And hopefully the spreadsheet is as organized so i can rush through this.

About this...

Maybe i can help. I'm cross-checking with both Trails in the Sky and Trails of Cold Steel and some personal translation that "should" be correct (My japanese is really, really rusty)

Water Arts:

-Tear: Small HP recovery, heals burn
-Teara: Medium HP recovery, heals burn
-Tearal: Large HP recovery, heals burn
-Tear All: Full HP recovery, heals burn
-Thelas: Resurrect Ally, Small HP Recovery
-Athelas: Resurrect Ally, Medium HP Recovery
-Aqua MIrage: Evasion +50%
-Cobalt Orb (techincally, "sphere" is fine too, it's just a personal preference): Cause Seal, ADF -25%
-Icicle Edge: Single Targer, 10% Freeze
-Blue Drop: Small Area Attack
-Ice Hammer (Freeze Hammer): Medium Area Attack, 20% Freeze
-Hydro Cannon: Medium Line Attack
-Diamond Dust: Medium Area Attack, 30% Freeze
-Maelstrom: Attack All
-World's End (End of the World): Attack All, 15% Freeze

Tomorrow (almost 2 AM here), I'll work on Wind and Earth Arts, since checking with two games for text and Ao for the Arts visual effects takes time XD

Reactions: NautilusGaming

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get this quest file to work in PSP no matter what I try. Since the Crossbell Translation Tools is where all the other non-scena translations are from in the text folder, I can get an iso that has all of those along with my quests translation. But then I can't get the scena on there. And directly injecting the quest file into a fully patched rom gives me a black screen on bootup. Which is bizarre to me since I literally extracted the file directly from the built iso.

Last edited by Fugsnarf,

Miracutor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@ils, I was using the latest patch, (1st August), when in conference at Orchid Tower, the game hang after Arios shouted...
And the Japanese iso patch you provided, voice patch loaded at the beginning, yet does not play any voice... I tried with my latest save.. You might forgetten to include the voice script...

Edit: I already in both adrenaline and ppsspp. The result remain same...

Last edited by Miracutor,

NautilusGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
About this...

Maybe i can help. I'm cross-checking with both Trails in the Sky and Trails of Cold Steel and some personal translation that "should" be correct (My japanese is really, really rusty)

Water Arts:

-Tear: Small HP recovery, heals burn
-Teara: Medium HP recovery, heals burn
-Tearal: Large HP recovery, heals burn
-Tear All: Full HP recovery, heals burn
-Thelas: Resurrect Ally, Small HP Recovery
-Athelas: Resurrect Ally, Medium HP Recovery
-Aqua MIrage: Evasion +50%
-Cobalt Orb (techincally, "sphere" is fine too, it's just a personal preference): Cause Seal, ADF -25%
-Icicle Edge: Single Targer, 10% Freeze
-Blue Drop: Small Area Attack
-Ice Hammer (Freeze Hammer): Medium Area Attack, 20% Freeze
-Hydro Cannon: Medium Line Attack
-Diamond Dust: Medium Area Attack, 30% Freeze
-Maelstrom: Attack All
-World's End (End of the World): Attack All, 15% Freeze

Tomorrow (almost 2 AM here), I'll work on Wind and Earth Arts, since checking with two games for text and Ao for the Arts visual effects takes time XD

lol, rusty here as well. Thanks for the translations. I did find a spreadsheet earlier flamethrower2 posted on reddit a few hours ago. If you still want to work on the wind and earth arts, i'll wait for you while i start on the quarts later on today. i'm not doin' the "master quartz earth-mirage".
Can anyone upload a psp save for me that has access to "all" playable characters? I want to switch out their character status images like so:
1.PNG

FrantzX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you guys go. A new version of the Crossbell Translation Tool. This adds support for string arrays in the JSON translation files.

Code:
  {
    "Text": "★走出空洞,\u0001 发现了哈尔特曼和阿奈斯特。\u0001 但是却被阿奈斯特操纵的\u0001 中世纪魔导智能兵器缠住了,\u0001 不仅如此,通路还崩塌了。\u0001★结果我们被迫与达德利警官、\u0001 亚里欧斯先生分开,\u0001 只得迂回向最深处前进。",
    "Translation": [
      "★ Once we entered the cave, we found\u0001",
      "   Hartmann and Ernest. However, we were\u0001",
      "   blocked by Ernest's archaisms. And to\u0001",
      "   make matters worst, the passageway\u0001",
      "   collapsed.\u0001",
      "★ As a result, we were forced to separate\u0001",
      "   from Detective Dudley and Arios and\u0001",
      "   make our own way deeper into the cave."]
  },

https://github.com/FrantzX/CrossbellTranslationTool/releases/tag/v1.5.0

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't seem to get this quest file to work in PSP no matter what I try. Since the Crossbell Translation Tools is where all the other non-scena translations are from in the text folder, I can get an iso that has all of those along with my quests translation. But then I can't get the scena on there. And directly injecting the quest file into a fully patched rom gives me a black screen on bootup. Which is bizarre to me since I literally extracted the file directly from the built iso.

This won't work because you also need to edit "PSP_GAME\USRDIR\data.lst" with the new sector number & file size. Both Ao no Kiseki & Zero no Kiseki read files using direct sector access and not with the normal filesystem.

Also, both game have a copy of those files, compressed in another location. You need to clear the file reference, either is "PSP_GAME\USRDIR\data\cclm\system\sysonmem.bcc" or @"PSP_GAME\USRDIR\data\cclm\system\sysstart.bcc" so the game will instead read your file.

You can manually do all this, or just use my tool.

EngTrans

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@ils, I was using the latest patch, (1st August), when in conference at Orchid Tower, the game hang after Arios shouted...
And the Japanese iso patch you provided, voice patch loaded at the beginning, yet does not play any voice... I tried with my latest save.. You might forgetten to include the voice script...
It seems it also crashes during the pomtto minigame during the main quest in geofront b only when attempting to win for the extra DP, other than that if played to intentionally lose it can still proceed further in the story.

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
okay guys, sorry if i can't patch it for now
i'm currently playing this game too and hopefully i'll reach to your point soon so i can figure out what's wrong (no promises though)
i guess for now you can use the original ISO to bypass those scene

here's the patch with Fugsnarf's Quest translation
PSP with Voice
PSP without Voice

Louis_Cyphre

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lol, rusty here as well. Thanks for the translations. I did find a spreadsheet earlier flamethrower2 posted on reddit a few hours ago. If you still want to work on the wind and earth arts, i'll wait for you while i start on the quarts later on today. i'm not doin' the "master quartz earth-mirage".

Earth Arts

-Crest: SIngle Target, DEF +25%
-La Crest: Medium Area, DEF +25%
-Adamantine Shield: Small Area, Physical Immunity
-Earth Pulse: Single Target, HP Regen
-Stone Spike: Single Target, 10% Petrify
-Quake: Medium Area
-Gorgon Breath: Small Area, 20% Petrify
-Gaia (Gaea?) Titan: Medium Line Attak
-Yggdrasil: Large Area Attack
-Gigant Rage: Attack All

Wind Arts

-Breath: Medium Area, Small HP recovery
-Holy Breath: Large Area, Medium HP Recovery
-Recuria: Large Area, Heals abnormal Statuses
-Sylphid: Single Target, MOV +4
-Lorelai: Single Target, 50% Sleep
-Spark: Single Target
-Air Sickle: Small Line Attack
-Aerial: Medium Area Attack
-Spark Dyne (not 100% sure): Small Area Attack, 30% Seal
-Thunder Cyclone: Large Area Attack, 20% Seal
-Ragna Dolian (Not sure even here): Attack All, 15% Seal

I'll check the Master Quartz, at a first glance, most of them have the same names of the Cold Steel ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs