Brazil
English
trilogy_logo_traduzido2.png

Name: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Plataform: 3DS
Genre: Visual novel
Original Game Language: English/Japonese

Description:
Ace Attorney is an Adventure/Visual Novel series created by Shu Takumi where the player takes control of a lawyer in a fictional juridical system, based on the Japonese one.

Project:
We are currently translating the version of the games featured in the Phoenix Wright Trilogy compilation for the 3DS. The DS version for the games will come soon after.

Team:
Steve_Doido
, Sliter, EmuPlays, Huskie, Onepiecefreak, Cronus, ShadowG, Miqueias, MrVictorFull, Bruno Sigaki, Guixz, Robbie96, Sahgo.

Romhack/tools Progress:

We are currently using the tools for the spanish translation of it (thanks @onepiecefreak).

Dumper/inserter de Textos/Scripts: OK
Dumper/inserter de gráficos
: OK
Dumper/inserter de áudio
Dumper/inserter de fontes
Accentuation
: 100%

Case Translation Progress (PW:AA):
Case 1
Text: 100%
Insertion: 100%
Graphics: 98%

Case 2
Text: 5%
Insertion: 0%
Graphics: 0%

Case 3
Text: 70%
Graphics: 5%

Case 4
Text: 1%

Case 5
Text: 11%
Case Translation Progress (JFA):
Case 1
Text: 30%

Case 2
Text: 8%

Case 3

Case 4
Text: 0%

Case Translation Progress (T&T):
Case 1

Case 2

Case 3

Case 4

Case 5

What do we want with this translation?
Similarly to what the english version did with the Japonese one, we will do a full localization job. Some may ask: Why? Well, I'll explain to the best of my abilities:

Originally release in Japan as "Gyakuten Saiban" (Turnabout Trial, in crude translation), the great majority of cases take place in Japan, and the characters are Japonese by default, with consequently Japonese names. The protagonist is called "Ryuichi Naruhodô", his best friend "Masashi Yahari", the rival prosecutor is "Reiji Mitsurugi" and so on.

In the west, the game went through an amazing localization job. The game now takes place in Los Angeles e the names were changed to more american ones. That's why "Ryuichi Naruhodô" is know as "Phoenix Wright", "Masashi Yahari" as "Larry Butz", "Reiji Mitsurugi" as "Miles Edgeworth", etc.

The reason for that was, aside from familiarity for the american audience, keep the substancial amount of jokes and puns that made up most of the game's humor.

-"Ryuichi" (Allusion to Dragon), for exemple, became "Phoenix" and "Naruhodô" (I see) became "Wright" (Right).

- Masashi's surname was chosen for sounding a lot like "Yappari" (I knew it), "When something happens, it's yappari Yahari." (When something happens, it's Yahari, I knew it!). The english version chose "Butz", which's meaning is obvious, and gave birth to the infamous "When something smells, it's usually the Butz" line. They also made a joke a joke with the mistaking of Larry for Harry (Harry Butz, Hairy Butts).

- "Mitsurugi", which can be translated to "heavenly/beautiful blade". Edgeworth makes also makes an allusion to that (Edge+Worth), and spawned in-game nicknames for him, such as Worthy or Edgey (Edgy).

The same stays true for the french translation, where Larry Butz becomes Paul Dèfes, Miles Edgeworth becomes Benjamin Hunter, Winston Payne becomes Vitor Boulay, etc., and their puns are also kept.

The incredibly huge amount of puns makes a proper translation very difficult. It would be impossible to properly translate without changing things such as the names and certain plot points.

So we have three choices:
Let's follow the Japonese 1 by 1;
Let's not adapt anything from the english script;
Let's do a proper adaptation;

The first one is not very good, as it implies keeping everything the same, including the voices, which aren't as impactful. The second one is exactly what they did with the Spanish, Italian and German versions of the game, following 100% the english script and sacrificing all of the puns. The second one is the toughest, though probably the most viable and worthwhile in the long run: an extensive adaptation job similar to the ones in the English and French version, keeping the essence of the game without sacrificing any of the enjoyment.

I hope you understand our reasoning now.

Tools:
General Hacking Tools, made by @onepiecefreak.
Link: https://mega.nz/#F!ZtJmXYzD!1XgA_iO4B6Tm2kef1kSUxQ
AAIG: Graphic generator made by @Solid One.
Link: https://github.com/leomontenegro6/aaig
AADP: Ace Attorney Trilogy Script Previewer by @Solid One.
Link:https://github.com/leomontenegro6/aadp

DEMO Patch: https://mega.nz/#!n4FjSDhb!5pP8LxLjPFWe8M6g7B0z09rs2BTht7xS04nbbZ0364A
(Apply it to the .cia European ROM of Ace Attorney Trilogy)
Use Xdelta to apply it.

NTR Patch (for those who already own the game on their 3DS):
Arm9loader+luma+BootNTR Selector required.

DEMO Patch: https://mega.nz/#!54wEDJoC!ZIkrYER-uqXWj3OneLe8amGSJNf5SdxFrIhiNWdlRKc
Font Patch: https://mega.nz/#!00ZigT5a!KtQ2rRqIlii5EUS80B7UsPrYTyZztdbDxJkz4vJkl90

Extract both patches (DEMO+Fonte) to your 3DS's SD card root.
Open BootNTR and choose version 3.3.
After that, your 3DS will go back to the home menu, where you can then start the game.

In case of error, restart your 3DS and use BootNTR again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Português

trilogy_logo_traduzido2.png

Nome: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Plataforma: 3DS
Gênero: Visual novel
Idioma original do jogo: Inglês/Japonês

Descrição:
Ace Attorney é uma série de jogos de aventura/visual novel criada por Shu Takumi e publicada pela Capcom na qual o jogador assume o papel de um advogado de defesa num tribunal fictício, que passa por vários desafios para provar a inocência de seus clientes.

Projeto:
Estamos traduzindo a coletânea lançada para o 3DS, todos os três jogos. A tradução para versão de DS virá logo após.

Equipe:
Steve_Doido, Sliter, EmuPlays, Huskie, Onepiecefreak, Cronus, ShadowG, Miqueias, MrVictorFull, Bruno Sigaki, Guixz, Robbie96, Sahgo.

Progresso do Romhack/tools:
Estamos utilizando as tools da tradução em espanhol, elas foram feitas pelo "onepiecefreak" do fórum GBAtemp.

Dumper/inserter de Textos/Scripts
Dumper/inserter de gráficos
Dumper/inserter de áudio
Dumper/inserter de fontes
Acentuação
: 100%

Progresso de Tradução dos Casos (PW:AA):
Caso 1
Texto:100%
Insertion: 100%
Gráficos: 98%

Caso 2
Texto: 5%
Inserção: 0%
Gráficos: 0%

Caso 3
Texto: 70%

Caso 4
Texto: 1%

Caso 5
Texto: 11%

Progresso de Tradução dos Casos (JFA):

Caso 1
Texto: 30%

Caso 2
Text: 8%

Caso 3

Caso 4

Progresso de Tradução dos Casos (T&T):

Caso 1
Texto: 0%

Caso 2

Caso 3

Caso 4

Caso 5

O que queremos fazer com essa tradução:
Assim como a versão estadunidense/francesa, faremos uma trabalho de localização completo. Alguns podem perguntar: Por quê? Bem, farei meu melhor para explicar:

Lançado no Japão como "Gyakuten Saiban" (Julgamento da Reviravolta, em tradução literal), a grande maioria dos casos se passa no Japão, com os personagens sendo japoneses por padrão, e, consequentemente, nomes japoneses. O protagonista é chamado "Ryuichi Naruhodô", seu melhor amigo "Masashi Yahari", o promotor rival "Reiji Mitsurugi" e por aí vai.

Para o jogo chegar ao ocidente, ele sofreu um processo incrível de adaptação. Os acontecimentos do jogo passam a ocorrer em algum lugar da américa e os nomes da maioria dos personagens foi alterada para típicos nomes ingleses. Foi assim que "Ryuichi Naruhodô" ficou conhecido como "Phoenix Wright", "Masashi Yahari" ficou como "Larry Butz", "Reiji Mitsurugi" ficou como "Miles Edgeworth", dentre outros.

Além disso, tanto no japonês como no americano, há uma quantidade avassaladora de trocadilhos e brincadeiras com palavras, onde todos esses trocadilhos estão incrivelmente embebedados com a cultura de origem:

- O sobrenome do protagonista, "Wright", veio de "Right", que no contexto é muito parecido com o japonês "Naruhodô" (Eu entendo). Também fizeram trocadilho com "Wrong" (Errado) e com "Trite" (Banal);

- O sobrenome do melhor amigo do protagonista, "Butz", veio de "Butt" (bunda). No japonês, é "Yahari", que lembra yappari ("Eu sabia", em japonês). Tudo isso graças ao seguinte trocadilho: "When something smells, it's usually the Butz." (Se algo cheira mal, é o Butz/Butt/Bunda). No japonês, acontece algo muitíssimo parecido: "When something happens, it's yappari Yahari." (Se tiver acontecido algo, foi o Yahari, eu sabia!);

- O sobrenome do rival do protagonista, "Edgeworth", é a combinação de "Edge" + "Worth". Inspirado do japonês "Mitsurugi", que pode ser traduzido como "fio de uma espada". Há vários trocadilhos como "Edgey" (Afiado) e "Worthy" (Ilustre).
Além disso, Phoenix Wright foi lançado em mais quatro línguas além do inglês. Numa delas (mais especificamente na francesa), a maioria dos personagens também tiveram seus nomes trocados novamente. Larry Butz vira Paul Dèfes, Miles Edgeworth vira Benjamin Hunter, Winston Payne vira Vitor Boulay, dentre vários outros. O mesmo é válido para seus respectivos trocadilhos.

Essa quantidade avassaladora de trocadilhos dificulta muito a tradução. É o tipo de coisa impossível de se traduzir sem realizar adaptações como mudança de nomes de personagens, localidades e até alguns detalhes referentes à história do jogo. Exemplo disso é a tradução francesa do jogo (além da própria americana).

Diante disso tudo, vemos três escolhas: - Tentar seguir tudo à risca do japonês; - Tentar traduzir sem fazer adaptação alguma, assim perdendo a essência de todos os trocadilhos; - Traduzir fazendo adaptação, assim mantendo o máximo possível de trocadilhos.

A primeira não é muito boa, pois implica em manter tudo japonês, inclusive as vozes, e as vozes japonesas não têm o mesmo impacto das inglesas. A segunda foi exatamente o que fizeram nas traduções oficiais espanhola, italiana e alemã do jogo, manteram tudo de acordo com o inglês e sacrificaram todos os trocadilhos. A última delas é a mais trabalhosa, porém a mais viável: um processo maciço de adaptação do jogo, igual a como o fizeram na tradução inglesa e francesa.

E é exatamente por isso que na tradução adaptaremos tudo que for necessário.

Espero que entenda agora.

Tools:
Tools da tradução em espanhol (Extração/reinserção de texto, áudio, gráficos, fontes). Feitas por "onepiecefreak" do fórum GBAtemp.
Link: https://mega.nz/#F!ZtJmXYzD!1XgA_iO4B6Tm2kef1kSUxQ
AAIG: Tool feita por Solid One com a finalidade de gerar gráficos para Ace Attorney Trilogy.
Link: https://github.com/leomontenegro6/aaig
AADP: Tool feita por Solid One com a finalidade de pré-visualizar scripts do Ace Attorney Trilogy.
Link:
https://github.com/leomontenegro6/aadp

Patchs

Patch Xdelta.
Correção DEMO: https://mega.nz/#!n4FjSDhb!5pP8LxLjPFWe8M6g7B0z09rs2BTht7xS04nbbZ0364A
(Usar na ROM Européia em formato .cia de Ace Attorney Trilogy)
Use o Xdelta para aplicar a correção

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch NTR(para quem tem o jogo americano já instalado no 3DS):
É necessário ter Arm9loader+luma+BootNTR Selector no 3DS.

Patch DEMO: https://mega.nz/#!54wEDJoC!ZIkrYER-uqXWj3OneLe8amGSJNf5SdxFrIhiNWdlRKc
Patch da fonte: https://mega.nz/#!00ZigT5a!KtQ2rRqIlii5EUS80B7UsPrYTyZztdbDxJkz4vJkl90

Extraia os Patchs(DEMO+Fonte) para raiz do cartão SD do seu 3DS.
Baixe o BootNTR(neste https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/) e instale no seu 3DS.

OBS: (Para instalar o BootNTR é necessário ter Arm9loader+luma no seu 3DS,https://3ds.guide/)

Após abrir o BootNTR escolha a versão 3.3.
Após isso, o 3DS voltará para o home menu, é só abrir o jogo.

Em caso de erro reinicie seu 3DS e abra o BootNTR novamente.

Por favor, use inglês neste tópico.

Last edited by Steve_Doido,

Lukzera

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
IAE irmao, sou um pu*a fã da série Ace Attorney, queria saber q tipo de ajuda seria necessária aí com vcs ?

Kaue

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm searching a lot of months for a Translation in a PT-BR of Phoenix Wright Trilogy! I send a lot of messages of all forums
I NEED TO PARTICIPATE FOR THIS PROJECT
Ah... I prefer to using my english for myself, is not really good, but is better than using the Google Translator and fucking all text and need a new review haha
I wait for a answer
Thanks <3

Kotarou_Tennouji

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have to apply a patch? :unsure: How to run using an emulator (like Drastic for android)? Could you provide me a translated rom?
I played the whole trilogy, but a PT-BR translated rom for my younger brother would be very nice, ty for doing this translation. :bow:

Steve_Doido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have to apply a patch? :unsure: How to run using an emulator (like Drastic for android)? Could you provide me a translated rom?
I played the whole trilogy, but a PT-BR translated rom for my younger brother would be very nice, ty for doing this translation. :bow:
Yes; You can only play this demo trough Citra Emu or a real Nintendo 3DS; No, that's against the site rules (be careful, you don't want to get into trouble); Well, a DEMO patch for the Nintendo DS is coming out... some time in the future. Can't tell you the exact date, though.

Reactions: Kotarou_Tennouji

Kotarou_Tennouji

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes; You can only play this demo trough Citra Emu or a real Nintendo 3DS; No, that's against the site rules (be careful, you don't want to get into trouble); Well, a DEMO patch for the Nintendo DS is coming out... some time in the future. Can't tell you the exact date, though.

Oops I thought It were a project to translate NDS roms, but is for 3DS ... :rofl2: Sorry
Rules? Nah I created this account just to reply your thread xD, thx for your advice anyway.

Thank you for anwsering and good luck on your translation, Citra isn't running this good yet but for sure I will download a future stable version :yay: bye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?