Windows 95 possible?

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC emulation would be slower than a snail sleepwalking.
it would have to be run from a dos emulator, which eats resources like mad.
Are you people positive? You can run Win3.x in a DS with the DOS emulator. Would emulating Win95 require so much more power that a 3DS wouldn't be able to handle it at a decent speed?

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Are you people positive? You can run Win3.x in a DS with the DOS emulator. Would emulating Win95 require so much more power that a 3DS wouldn't be able to handle it at a decent speed?
It may be able to emulate it but not at full speed. It may be crappy. IIRC, An emulator for Pong, an old arcade game, required you to have a 3 GHZ CPU

loco365

Trophies
XP
The Wii can barely handle Windows 95, heck, it BSODs when trying to run PAINT of all possible things. There's just no way it can be done on a 3DS, besides, the screen resolution would be so small you'd probably see next to nothing.

Reactions: Margen67

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
w/e
there are so many epic games created for 3ds and people still want a 3ds to play homebrew crap and games that were created a little after dinosaurs were extinct... This way of thinking is beyond me... really

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
w/e
there are so many epic games created for 3ds and people still want a 3ds to play homebrew crap and games that were created a little after dinosaurs were extinct... This way of thinking is beyond me... really
Its a nostalgic thing. Porting classic games from your childhood to a newer system gives new life to them. You not seeing that means you are probably younger and didn't grow up with dos, nes, gbc, etc.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
What about Scummvm? I don't think I have to mention what game I want it for
The resolution is so small that even if you could run scummvm on a 3ds you would have to downscale the image. I'd say its not worth it. Just get a crappy PC from the dumpster and load scummvm on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: