Gaming Windows 7

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also here is a watermark fixer that I tested myself and it worked perfectly. It removes that "Windows 7 Build 7000" text on your desktop.
If this shouldn't be posted here then mods can remove it.
Link: http://localhostr.com/files/4276f4/WatermarkFix.zip

Right click the exe, and select Run as Administrator! It won't work without it. Let it run, and wait until the "Windows will shutdown..." message. Only then can you restart the computer. (because it opens a few cmd windows, with delays in between them, and the first time I tried it I thought it finished but it didn't
tongue.gif
)

P.S. If it effs up your Windows, it's not my fault. I tested it on 2 installs and it worked well.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt this is illegal, so I'll just ask... when someone is done with their install disc, you think you could mail it to me? Key codes are easy to get regardless of connection type, but you can't really download a 2.4GB iso on dial-up.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I finally got my two keys this morning using C4C/Firefox. It took all night starting at 9pm and got it at 6am. I got one for the 64-bit and the 32-bit, but apparently, they are interchangable. I'll probably end up installing them on two different machines to see how far along it's coming. Right now, I'm downloading the old images that were leaked a week ago through use.

My answer to a lot of the questions is if you're computer illiterate, stay away from a BETA.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
Seems like they are repeating only 5 codes for both 64-bit and 32-bit, for 10 total. I'm not sure how that will activate correctly.
I think it throws your account into some algorithm so you can only get a certain set and amount of keys.

mine keeps crashing after I install the Virtual PC thing where I can have the virtual PC use files from my local PC.
BSOD on FC_res.sys or .dll or something.
frown.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There was someone in here that it says it fucks up vista by making vista ask for activation. is this true?

See I have vista install which was pre-cracked so i didn't need to do anything to active it and i want to dual boot with windows 7.

Nuke85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
There was someone in here that it says it fucks up vista by making vista ask for activation. is this true?

See I have vista install which was pre-cracked so i didn't need to do anything to active it and i want to dual boot with windows 7.

No..I believe that is not true, this is what I did to install windows 7 (and yes I have windows vista installed x64 bit ver) Pretty much what I did was install windows 7 on a different hard drive and worked fine. (I did not install windows 7 on the same hard drive as windows vista, just didn't want to make a partition on my hard drive so I did it this way
rolleyes.gif
)

So when you boot up your computer after windows 7 is done installing you'll have the option to pick what windows you want to boot up. So far no problems with my version of vista or windows 7.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nuke85 said:
Prime said:

No..I believe that is not true, this is what I did to install windows 7 (and yes I have windows vista installed x64 bit ver) Pretty much what I did was install windows 7 on a different hard drive and worked fine. (I did not install windows 7 on the same hard drive as windows vista, just didn't want to make a partition on my hard drive so I did it this way
rolleyes.gif
)

So when you boot up your computer after windows 7 is done installing you'll have the option to pick what windows you want to boot up. So far no problems with my version of vista or windows 7.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'd still going to keep the question up in the open because i plan to install it on a different partition on the same hard drive.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Dear Cruddy.

I leik W7 alot.

It is pretty sweet, gonna man up and do this beta correctly by not virtualizing it. It is pretty awesome, cruddy. I think you may have gone a bit for with the drop of Vista

Burt0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

DrYHeLL

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone care to report on boot/shutdown times?

(Downloading now, when I started I was getting well over 300 KB/s but damn internet provider (I think ATT/local computer company) has 156 KB/sec cap. Any one know how to *eherm* remove this or "Up" it?)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DrYHeLL said:
Anyone care to report on boot/shutdown times?

(Downloading now, when I started I was getting well over 300 KB/s but damn internet provider (I think ATT/local computer company) has 156 KB/sec cap. Any one know how to *eherm* remove this or "Up" it?)
Um, are you kidding? The only way to remove that cap is to upgrade your internet plan.
And the boot/shutdown times seem to be on par with Vista.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)