Windows 7 ; This copy is not genuine , Build 7601

SonicCloud

miss americana.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
After installing the Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 to update Net framework , days after this i noticed something at the bottom of my desktop , which is a message that says:
Windows 7
This copy is not genuine
Build 7601

This message didn't appeared before (been using W7 on this computer since 2011) . Also , my Windows 7 is activated:
W7.PNG

After following something said in the Microsoft Community , that was delete the update KB971033 and restart the computer.

It kinda worked , however : Today the message appeared again but when i entered to "Computer" the message suddenly dissapeared .

Should i worry about this?

Also , im trying to delete the Service Pack 1 update in order to see if that works

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or back up all your stuff and get the all in one Windows 7 activated iso. It has every Windows version pre activated. You can find it on most torrent websites if the Microsoft toolkit won't activate your os.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or back up all your stuff and get the all in one Windows 7 activated iso. It has every Windows version pre activated. You can find it on most torrent websites if the Microsoft toolkit won't activate your os.
1. no

2. Even if you do decide to go illegitimate, a SLIC table activation tool is far easier.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I'm more concerned you have been running an un-patched version of Windows 7 for almost 4 years, security updates for Windows 7 with no service pack ended in April 2013.

If the PC is not connected to the internet then fair enough, but otherwise that's a little crazy.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Daz will activate any install, even on custom builds.
Only if the BIOS has SLIC tables. That's why I recommended MTK because it works with everything regardless by installing a local KMS server. RemoveWAT (also by Daz) is a bit of a last resort, but also works regardless.

Last edited by Joom,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only if the BIOS has SLIC tables. That's why I recommended MTK because it works with everything regardless by installing a local KMS server. RemoveWAT (also by Daz) is a bit of a last resort, but also works regardless.
It emulates a SLIC table. Doesn't give a shit what the bios has as long as it's not EFI.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So basically , the only think i should install is a KMS server?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
So basically , the only think i should install is a KMS server?
Specifically with Microsoft Toolkit if you decide to go this route (Google "Microsoft Toolkit MDL" and it's the first result). You will need a torrent client, but all you have to do is run it, select the option for Windows, and click "EZ Activator".

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: SonicCloud

SonicCloud

miss americana.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reboot and check your activation status.

Edit: Seems like you already tried activating Windows with a KMS server but SP1 broke it. Try uninstalling it with MTK, rebooting, and then reactivating Windows.
Yeah , i already uninstalled SP1 and reactivated Windows.
This is what appears after using MTK and going to SLUI
GBA.PNG

The screen before didn't had that information about activating your copy of W7 and stuff
I must say that , when i had SP1 i also installed NET Framework 4.6 , would this affect on something?

Last edited by SonicCloud,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
i also installed NET Framework 4.6 , would this affect on something?
No, and you also shouldn't have uninstalled SP1. By doing so you've opened yourself up to major security holes. The problem is that the SP1 upgrade broke whatever KMS server the cracked version of Windows you installed was using. Run MTK, uninstall whatever KMS server you have using it, upgrade to SP1, then use MTK to activate it again.

Reactions: SonicCloud

SonicCloud

miss americana.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, and you also shouldn't have uninstalled SP1. By doing so you've opened yourself up to major security holes. The problem is that the SP1 upgrade broke whatever KMS server the cracked version of Windows you installed was using. Run MTK, uninstall whatever KMS server you have using it, upgrade to SP1, then use MTK to activate it again.
Noob question , im sorry but:
-Is it really really necessary to download the .iso of SP1 from the Microsft Download page or i can just download the windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah see that's were you're wrong it's the shitbox everything has to be very serious