Windows 10 slow performance.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi. My laptop is having some performance problems since this morning. Since i disabled driver signature verification, did a disk cleanup(7.5gb data deleted) and installed a few updates my laptop slowed down a bit. Its not something big buy it annoys me because my system takes 1-2 minutes to boot now and zelda unreal engine runs at low FPS unless the laptop is plugged in the ac adapter. What should i do : /

Is upgrading to windows 10 pro or downgeading to windows 7 a solution for this?
Im really annoyed btw

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a mechanical HDD instead of SSD, you should probably run the disk defragmenter. (I recommend Defraggler over the built-in one.)

Incidentally, why did you disable driver signing? That's usually only needed if you're writing your own driver, and doesn't affect performance at all.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check your power options. It must've been reset so that it uses less power while unplugged, resulting in a performance decrease.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
If you have a mechanical HDD instead of SSD, you should probably run the disk defragmenter. (I recommend Defraggler over the built-in one.)

Incidentally, why did you disable driver signing? That's usually only needed if you're writing your own driver, and doesn't affect performance at all.
I have hdd and i disabled signature verification because i wanted to use wiimotes with dolphin.
@Boogieboo6 how do i do that? Thr high performance power plan right?

Reactions: CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I have hdd and i disabled signature verification because i wanted to use wiimotes with dolphin.
@Boogieboo6 how do i do that? Thr high performance power plan right?

Correct though like @GerbilSoft said go ahead and scan your HDD you might also want to do a scan as you might got a bad driver.

Reactions: Boogieboo6
D

Deleted User

You probably have set "Battery: Power save" in either GPU options or Windows battery thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1