Hacking Wind Waker HD USA black screen

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EIther a bad dump, or the files aren't set up right. Should be two folders (Code, Content)
Like this:SD:/wiiu/games/Zelda Wind Waker HD/(Both folders in here)

I'm playing through the USA version right now, currently in Ganon's Tower.
I boot the game in mii maker, works flawless.

Maybe you have a faulty SD card, who knows. But something is definitely wrong in your setup.

So you can
1. Use a different SD card (Formatted to FAT32)
2. Redownload the game
3. Check the files to see if they're all there and not missing/in the wrong place.

Last edited by MattKimura,
Reactions: romeoondaline

romeoondaline

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EIther a bad dump, or the files aren't set up right. Should be two folders (Code, Content)
Like this:SD:/wiiu/games/Zelda Wind Waker HD/(Both folders in here)

I'm playing through the USA version right now, currently in Ganon's Tower.
I boot the game in mii maker, works flawless.

Maybe you have a faulty SD card, who knows. But something is definitely wrong in your setup.

So you can
1. Use a different SD card (Formatted to FAT32)
2. Redownload the game
3. Check the files to see if they're all there and not missing/in the wrong place.

Thank you for your response, and if you have the "The.Legend.of.Zelda.The.Wind.Waker.HD.USA.WiiU-FAKE" then we have the same dump (is it possible that when i used WizardU on the wud the content and code files could of been faulty?)
it's definitely not the SD card because i have 4 other games working flawlessly. What usually happens when i boot the game is that the game starts up normally and i get to the first blue screen of the game then suddenly black screen.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your response, and if you have the "The.Legend.of.Zelda.The.Wind.Waker.HD.USA.WiiU-FAKE" then we have the same dump (is it possible that when i used WizardU on the wud the content and code files could of been faulty?)
it's definitely not the SD card because i have 4 other games working flawlessly. What usually happens when i boot the game is that the game starts up normally and i get to the first blue screen of the game then suddenly black screen.

That's very odd, I think I have the same dump. Yep just checked.
Did you extract the WUD without error, or did you fully download the game?
I never had Uwizard extract a bad game on me, it works every time for me. Maybe re-extract the game with Uwizard.

romeoondaline

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's very odd, I think I have the same dump. Yep just checked.
Did you extract the WUD without error, or did you fully download the game?
I never had Uwizard extract a bad game on me, it works every time for me. Maybe re-extract the game with Uwizard.
is your game file 1.66 gb in size? (just reextracted the game)

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is your game file 1.66 gb in size? (just reextracted the game)
The Loadiine compatibility list shows the exact size of the games: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Loadiine_compatibility_list

1.66 is just right for this game.

Also be sure not to enter the title key of the wrong region.

Also just keep the three folders that Uwizard spits out, don't delete any files either.
Ex: code, content, Meta folders <--- Doesn't hurt to have this one included

Last edited by MattKimura,

romeoondaline

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Loadiine compatibility list shows the exact size of the games: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Loadiine_compatibility_list

1.66 is just right for this game.

Also be sure not to enter the title key of the wrong region.

Also just keep the three folders that Uwizard spits out, don't delete any files either.
Ex: code, content, Meta folders <--- Doesn't hurt to have this one included
Thank you matt i got it to work, it was just a bad extract of the wud i guess, but thank you again!

Reactions: MattKimura

WolfSage155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded this game from many sites and just shows the loading screen and then freezes I don't know what to do its region is even usa it should work with MiiMaker

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded this game from many sites and just shows the loading screen and then freezes I don't know what to do its region is even usa it should work with MiiMaker
this was a thread from 2015, we have usb loading now, any reason you can't install it to usb using wupinstaller? loadiine is kind of a dead format now.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's against site rules to revive dead threads and this thread is well and truly dead 2015 was the last post. In future if the threads last post was over six months ago the thread is well and truly dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.