Hacking Will Wii U sales go up as soon as homebrew is possible?

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to hear opinions on this. Who thinks that Wii U sales will go up as soon as homebrew is possible?

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
not in the slightest. Even if a full blown hack apperaed with games booting off standard dvd-r, I wouldnt imagine a big change in the long run. I'm a die hard Nintendo fan and I am really struggling to put a Wii-U into my finances, hacked or not.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who buy consoles simply because they are hacked to run homebrew are a negligible market. If it were hacked to run "backups", then they aren't going to be spending money on games anyways.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think that the consoles sales will boost when people realise that they can 'get free games'. The problem most people have with buying a console I think is the cost of games and how many there are, if you want 5 games that's like £200, quite a lot to spend in one go. People will be turning a profit illegally by softmodding consoles for people that don't want to risk damaging it themselves too and IMO it'll end the life of the WiiU wayyyy to prematurely...

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
People.. games games games!!!! GAMES sell console!!!! if u pirate it or u buy it doesn't matter..

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It wouldn't.

I'm thinking about buying an additional Wii U in the future for the sole purpose of Nintendont but that'll be around 2019-20 or later.

I think that the consoles sales will boost when people realise that they can 'get free games'. The problem most people have with buying a console I think is the cost of games and how many there are, if you want 5 games that's like £200, quite a lot to spend in one go. People will be turning a profit illegally by softmodding consoles for people that don't want to risk damaging it themselves too and IMO it'll end the life of the WiiU wayyyy to prematurely...
11033314-1414068687-216166.jpg

Basic Wii U (8GB) + 5 games + 1 Wiimote for £230

It's a really good deal for someone who's getting into Wii U now, but for those that want Wii U + Smash there's this:

11031073-1413458926-247508.jpg

For £180.

http://www.zavvi.com/wii-u-hardware...super-smash-bros.-nintendo-land/11031073.html

not in the slightest. Even if a full blown hack apperaed with games booting off standard dvd-r, I wouldnt imagine a big change in the long run. I'm a die hard Nintendo fan and I am really struggling to put a Wii-U into my finances, hacked or not.

Wii U uses a proprietary of Blu-ray (hence being 25 GBs) not DVDs.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The modding community is only a couple of percent as is, and the homebrew community is a fraction of that. Expect a 1-3% sales increase at most.

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Smash and Zelda is what's going to drive the sales of the Wii U. Virtual Console titles as well. When Nintendo realizes they can sell GameCube and Nintendo 64 games to us all over again...

Maybe a console refresh with the name Wii 2?

Reactions: TheChield

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Compared to the PS1 and PS2, I can see that. Hell, those are the systems I grew up with.
The N64 survived solely thanks to North America - it bombed big time everywhere else. The same can be said for the Gamecube. Don't get me wrong, they're not "all bad", they just had certain issues and entered the market at the wrong time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: