Gaming Will we ever see arcade games, instead of just ACA Neo Geo games?

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the Virtual Console has yet to be announced but will we see arcade games on the Switch? The PS4 and Xbox One have them, why not Switch? I'd just love to see some arcade games like Solomon's Key, Bomb Jack, Rygar, Contra, Ghosts'n Goblins, Ninja Gaiden, and Shinobi! The Wii VC even had some of those games available and I even own Rygar, Solomon's Key, Ghosts'n Goblins, Ninja Gaiden, and Shinobi on the Wii VC via Wii Mode.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well nothing has been announced yet. Though i do wonder why on vwiishop they had lot more to offer than wii u eshop. If they had ports of arcade games, neo geo, and sega ones, the wii u had no ports of any of that. Took them until few months ago to get turbo graphix on there, yet 3ds has game gear, why not master system or genesis like wiishop? :unsure:

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Quote from Nintendo.

"In addition, regarding the possibility of making all titles available on Virtual Console, I can say that it is possible for Nintendo titles with a few exceptions, since we generally have the intellectual property rights for such titles. However, as to third-party software publishers' titles, if they are producing the software based on a license from another copyright holder, for example, we may not be able to easily use the same title for the system that exists now because we do not have a license from the copyright holder at the time. This often becomes a problem with reruns of TV shows or Internet broadcasting. Therefore, since we can only release Virtual Console titles of third-party software publishers if they come to an agreement with the copyrights holders upon negotiating terms and conditions that were not included in their original contract, please understand that there are some titles that we cannot easily release despite many requests. We will make our best efforts to satisfy our consumers with our Virtual Console title lineup."

Reactions: Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quote from Nintendo.

"In addition, regarding the possibility of making all titles available on Virtual Console, I can say that it is possible for Nintendo titles with a few exceptions, since we generally have the intellectual property rights for such titles. However, as to third-party software publishers' titles, if they are producing the software based on a license from another copyright holder, for example, we may not be able to easily use the same title for the system that exists now because we do not have a license from the copyright holder at the time. This often becomes a problem with reruns of TV shows or Internet broadcasting. Therefore, since we can only release Virtual Console titles of third-party software publishers if they come to an agreement with the copyrights holders upon negotiating terms and conditions that were not included in their original contract, please understand that there are some titles that we cannot easily release despite many requests. We will make our best efforts to satisfy our consumers with our Virtual Console title lineup."
tl:dr Best strategy is to harass the copyright holders of the games you want, to bow to Nintendo in all it's glory!

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Reactions: Columbo2811

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
It basically boils down to how much of the profits from said games Nintendo is willing to give away to the copyright holders of these games. These old third party games aren't making money really any more so they should be happy with any percentage you would of thought. Maybe they don't want there games being associated with Nintendo.

Last edited by Columbo2811,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is arcade games on switch, but they are all neo geo games ported by hamster coorperation, wonder why not code mystics? Perhaps they don't have online like code mystic ports? Well not worth buying i guess. They are basically Neo geo Virtual console games we had on wii back in 2009, only improved a bit emulation. So i guess if you wanna play a game that mame can't emulate, or least on the go, then buy those $8 games :P

Meanwhile on my shield tv with neo geo emulator i got them and is godlike! :D

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever they do, I hope this week isn't shit and we get at least 1 VC game, unlike last week's eShop update. That one was fucking awful. We only got three shovelware Wii U eShop games and no VC games. It's like Nintendo said "Fuck it, we're not releasing any VC games this week, so here are three shovelware titles for the Wii U eShop that nobody gives a fuck about!".

There was no excuse, if they weren't going to release any VC games for the Wii U, then they should've announced the Switch VC and a few games to download for it. Even the Wii U had VC games, just less than 2 months after it launched and they were only $0.30, too. The closet thing we have to VC games on the Switch is the ACA NeoGeo games, but most of them are only fighters. Only a few non-fighting games like a few run 'n gun games and a golfing game and that's it.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte