Hacking will usb hard drive compatibility improve?

cu_shane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a maxtor one-touch II that only works if I turn it on while the loader is
searching for the device. If it is on before that it won't detect it.

I gather that those of you using "compatible" hard drives can just leave them on all then time without having to do anything funky like I am.

Before I rush out to buy a new hard drive, my question is this: As new versions of the usb loaders/cios are released, will hard drive compatibility improve? (I'm thinking it may be worth it to wait and see if a new rev of something makes my current drive work better.)

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe.

I don't think you'll get a more concrete answer than that. Have you tried different versions of cIOS? If you're using Waninkoko's try using Hermes. It might fix it, but probably not. You never know, though.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Your HDD gets detected when the loader is running?

Shut up!

There are actually people with drives that are really not compatible.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No one can really answer that so my suggestion would be to acquire a compatible one.
i have a western digital passport essential.

cu_shane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Your HDD gets detected when the loader is running?

Shut up!

There are actually people with drives that are really not compatible.

Wasn't complaining. Just asking a question.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Hooya @ Jul 5 2009, 01:59 PM) Maybe.

I don't think you'll get a more concrete answer than that. Have you tried different versions of cIOS? If you're using Waninkoko's try using Hermes. It might fix it, but probably not. You never know, though.

I have not. I'll give it a shot, thanks.

kwirky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try uloader by hermes. The cios and loader app are developed by one person so it is more compatible. One of my HDD can't be initialized by any loader except uloader.

You may also do some testing for the mplayer developers so they can improve the cios code in the upcoming rev. http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/

cu_shane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grog.gif
hermes' uloader worked with no problems! Too bad it isn't as slick as coverfloader or wii flow. Although, since Hermes has figured out how to improve upon compatibility, I'm sure that the other loaders won't be far behind. Thanks everyone. You just saved me $$ since I don't have to buy a new hdd.
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think a raspberry pi zero could power a SNES cart emulator thing hmmm