Gaming Will they ever port Wii U games to Switch?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This honestly reminds me of that one "can we emulate gecube and wii geams in 3ds?" thread

People don't seem to realize that the entire basis of emulation is hardware being emulated through software, the CPU has to interpret the code for the system being emulator. The Switch is ARM, the Wii U is PPC, since the two don't understand each other, the emulator has to translate the code from PPC to ARM for the ARM processor to run, hence you get emulation, but requires exponentially more power to emulate hardware via software. This is why emulators rely wholly on CPU power, So yeah, good luck with people emulating the Wii U on an ARM processor :lol:

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Emulate it then, with updated controls.
That's not emulation then, you need a Wii U gamepad to directly emulate Wii U games that use the Wii U gamepad. Wii U games will have to be ported to the Switch, I'm not even sure if the Switch has enough power to emulate Wii U games.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I only care for Super Smash Bros. on the Wii U as a port to the Switch with all DLC plus brand new stages and some extra modes since it makes the most sense at price and package standpoint plus the game would be awesome with a group of friends in the park on a nice summer afternoon, all other Wii U ports if they happen would have to be sold at a hugely discounted price.

Otherwise sequels to existing IP's on the Wii, 3DS and Wii U would be better IMO, example:

Metroid Prime 4/Zero
New Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Galaxy 3
Mario Strikers
Bayonetta 3
Pokemon Stars
Animal Crossing
Monster Hunter 5 Ultimate
Donkey Kong World (2D)
Kirby's Dream World (2D)
Pikmin 4
Punch-Out!!

Last edited by Nemix77,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they know whats good for them they wont.

I hate when they do that crap. I dont want to buy the same game on a new system. I want a new game.
So if nintendo does that is smart they will just make new games, and not waste time or money on a ton of ports.
If it wasnt the top 10 wii u games of all time. Then it doesnt need a port

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Porting a game such as Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8 does not take a lot of resources from the development team and it's more of layover than a original game so that they can work a true sequel.

Since these games are highly rated and extremely good games in their own rights, it makes perfect sense from a business and consumer standpoint to port these games over with all their DLC plus new content added.

The Wii U had a low user audience and game library but had some very good critically acclaimed games that were not enjoyed by many due to it's low hardware sales and it'll be even more difficult to play those games now that production of the Wii U has ceased, so it makes perfect sense for those games to be ported over to the Switch which can now be played in 1080P and on the go.

Nintendo is not forcing users who previously owned these games to buying them again but for plethora of new users that own a Switch and skipped the Wii U (including myself), being able to play these games in 1080P or portably would make it a sure buy and extremely profitable for Nintendo from a business perspective.

Not only will Nintendo sell these ported Wii U titles but these games would also encourage Switch users to purchase more peripherals such as more Pro Controller and Joy-Cons, it's a win/win situation for Nintendo.

Last edited by Nemix77,
Reactions: markmcrobie
S

Saiyan Lusitano

If they know whats good for them they wont.

I hate when they do that crap. I dont want to buy the same game on a new system. I want a new game.
So if nintendo does that is smart they will just make new games, and not waste time or money on a ton of ports.
If it wasnt the top 10 wii u games of all time. Then it doesnt need a port
This. It was understandable for Mario Kart 8 to get a re-release but dear god, not every *decent* WiiU game. Well, give Smash 4 a Deluxe treatment and that's that.

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
I'm sure I read as recently as a couple of years ago that full, 100% perfect emulation is so taxing on a CPU the even decent modern computers struggle to get even something like a SNES emulated 100% perfectly.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not any people have good computers, plus people like the feeling of playing on actually hardware

just wait 2 years and wii u stuff will be cheap. rememeber how cheap virtual boy stuff was. it was like $20 in 1997. look at nes carts in 2001 they were really cheap. thats when i got most of mine. dragon quest 3 in box ment for $10 yeah

Reactions: Subtle Demise

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just wait 2 years and wii u stuff will be cheap. rememeber how cheap virtual boy stuff was. it was like $20 in 1997. look at nes carts in 2001 they were really cheap. thats when i got most of mine. dragon quest 3 in box ment for $10 yeah
the problem is manny wiiu games are already kinda expensive and not very cheap due to rarity i guess, look at wonderful 101 its well over 30$ and its basicaly a launch game.

and then you got those wii games that were always expensive and never dropped, the wii has alot of them and they jsut become more expensive instead of dirt cheap like xenoblade,pandoras tower,last story,prime trilogy and etc, the wii has some killer prices on some gems and the wii solde like hell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey