Hardware Will the 3DS use the concept from Rittai Kakushi e Attakoreda?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone asks this and the answer is probably, most definitely, a no.

By "3-D", Nintendo means it'll like pop out of the screen. Not just have depth, but like pop out of the screen. Like those IMAX movies at space museums. You know what I mean. I thought it was supposed to use technology that was proposed for mobile phones for 3-D that would work on a small screen but not on a large screen, but the technology was never used because, let's face it, who the fuck needs 3-D on a phone?

I seriously doubt it'll use that.

Heere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With head tracking techniques, it's not difficult to "reverse the depth" of the 3D image. Not just that, you can see in the video that some targets appear in front of the screen and some appear behind the screen.

And 3D doesn't necessarily mean pop-out, it can just as easily mean pop-in, even most games that we play today are considered 3D, in the sense of a moving camera.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS has been in development for ages, they would have had to issue the patents sometime before detailing everything before they can even announce it as well as mention what hardware it'll use in case someone else had patented something like it before.

They would have had to talk to all of their first party devs to make sure that they could all make games for it and have development demoes ready just to see if it works out well.

Also they said that it would be playable in time for E3, which wouldn't have given them much time to make software that would be convincing enough for the media to be interested in.

They also say that its out by March 2011 so chances are what we'll see at E3 is the finished design. So I really doubt that they saw that and thought to make a handheld JUST because it looks sort of cool in one downloable game.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No they wont use this.

Theyre press release was quite convincing in saying that it was proper 3D as in when we play Resident Evil 3D we will cover our faces when zombies come to us wanting to eat us!

What this demo is showing is just basicly what the PC and any console has, 3D gfx... if Ninty pulls a stunt like this and that is the way the 3DS does its 3D Im not buying it

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pcmanrules said:
I think it'l be an interesting new concept. Finally a actual new console. is this going to be a GBA to GB or GBC to GB?
the DSi is the DS gbc
slightly upgraded CPU, games for the new console that also work on the previous one.

so this wil be the DS GBA

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thedicemaster said:
pcmanrules said:
I think it'l be an interesting new concept. Finally a actual new console. is this going to be a GBA to GB or GBC to GB?
the DSi is the DS gbc
slightly upgraded CPU, games for the new console that also work on the previous one.

The DSi is barely even that, really. The GBC had a ton of exclusive games that could only be run on it, whereas the DSi has what? 2 or 3 exclusive cartridges? Pretty pathetic, really, considering it's CPU is twice the clock speed and it has 4x the RAM.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TM2-Megatron said:
thedicemaster said:
pcmanrules said:
the DSi is the DS gbc

The DSi is barely even that, really. The GBC had a ton of exclusive games that could only be run on it, whereas the DSi has what? 2 or 3 exclusive cartridges? Pretty pathetic, really, considering it's CPU is twice the clock speed and it has 4x the RAM.
2 or 3 exclusives on cartridge right now, but don't forget DSiware
those are DSi exclusives too.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thedicemaster said:
2 or 3 exclusives on cartridge right now, but don't forget DSiware
those are DSi exclusives too.

The DSi has been out more than a year... if 2 or 3 is all they can manage in that time, then it's already failed. Too many people still own Phats and Lites... Nintendo couldn't afford to release anything major as a DSi-exclusive, because they'd lose a lot of sales to those people who own the 2 older models.

DSiware is a bit different... but I'm betting most (if not all) of it doesn't take full advantage of the DSi's enhanced CPU or RAM. They still dont' hold as much value as exclusive cartridges, and there aren't enough of those to indicate that the DSi's hardware has been anything but wasted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.