Hacking Will that GW update ever come?

Rob Blou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone remember when Gateway promised a major update that would come out in April?
Nobody's talking about it but that may be the 1st time GW lied to boost sales and get a final cash grab.
I wrote to them 2 months ago and they've always replied in the past but not this time. They're famous for delaying stuff
but they went completely silent since.
Now please don't say stuff like: who cares we have CFW ... I'd still like to get that update :P

miss_nakano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It has been such a long time since they update it..I really wish there is a 11.4+ support. I am now at 11.4 with b9s and luma 8.1 without the mean to use it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Perhaps current profit from sales of Gateway 3DS doesn't cover paying developers for a new update?
That's because they've been lagging more and more behind CFW. If they actually made an effort to stay up to date with CFW while at the same time innovating with new features people would still be buying GW. But when they are making zero effort they're eventually going to lose all sales.

Reactions: Shadow#1

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
I have my GW card in the dust and I switched to B9S, if they do release it I'll change back to GW, if it really worth it.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As a long time owner, and sometimes user of Gateway, I've now given up on them.

Even without a RAM hacking feature, NTR's cheat plugin setup is superior to Gateway's, thanks almost entirely to @Nanquitas' incredible work.

I'm just waiting on magnethax, so I can system transfer to my new2DS XL finally moving to a sysNAND only setup.

Claros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If we could have the gateway menu inside Luma it would be perfect. The gateway is still an easy way to have an external memory on New 3DS.

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
All they have to do is open-source their code and devs will make features for them for free.
will never happens if they still care about they're business, otherwise other flashcard team will just rip off the card.

Gateway is still the best cheat solution even with that excellent cheat searcher inside a plugin.
You still need to boot ntr and boot a plugin, won't work on extanded memory for o3ds, when Gateway work on anything.
Suck that they don't valorize they're menu

Last edited by Arck,
Reactions: nccom and Nightwish

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i really don't get it,why not just make their card work with other CFW?
for example,release closed sourced file file to make GW run on luma,this way they wont fear someone like super card to "steal" their code.

and everyone win.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
for example,release closed sourced file file to make GW run on luma,this way they wont fear someone like super card to "steal" their code.

and everyone win.
Well they still have one feature that might still bag them the odd sale, which is their cheat engine, if they went opensource sure cfw devs might intergrate gw support into their cfw's but the real reason people would like that scenario is that everyone would get to use the cheat engine with no GW card and that would be the last of their already dwindled sales flushed down the pan

And I honestly doubt cfw devs would intergrate gw support unless it came bundled with the free to use cheat feature

Last edited by gamesquest1,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Theyre waiting for boot9 to be perfected before they steal it and claim they did it first
So my comment isn't meant to be taken as a troll comment, but I don't think they would actually wait for a newer version.
When Gateway team released their version of A9LH, they used code from A9LH v1, despite the fact that v2 had long been released and v3 was in the works. If they were to continue this thread, it's be more likely that we would see a "fastboot" either based on B9S v1 or v1.1 and unlikely to see them base it on the current version.

At the same time I am actually starting to think the team has died. Their lack of updating and communication is rather alarming. Coupled with the fact that several of the devs I test for have emailed them, only to get some beyond nonsensical email as a reply. Almost as if they were either avoiding the question or it as generated reply. It's rather concerning that they won't even a simple reply to "Are you working on a B9S port?" and the reply had nothing to do with that (I won't post it because it's not mine to post.)

and everyone win.
That would actually violate the GPL and couldn't be included. They would have to release the full source and the Luma3DS team would also have to release the full source.

Reactions: Ricken

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
will never happens if they still care about they're business, otherwise other flashcard team will just rip off the card.

Gateway is still the best cheat solution even with that excellent cheat searcher inside a plugin.
You still need to boot ntr and boot a plugin, won't work on extanded memory for o3ds, when Gateway work on anything.
Suck that they don't valorize they're menu
What plugin are we talking about?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: yippeeeeeee