Gaming will sony reallly be sueing people?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doubtful, unless they want to bankrupt their company. sony has a lot of money, but no where near as much as a lot of people think. they can't really risk suing everybody unless they want that inevitable outcome.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. They're trying to get to the real threats, like Waninkoko and fail0verload. I think that, if they even DO find hackers (not likely), they'll (also not likely) fine them.

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man sony really shoud start to make some horror movies cause they do know how to scare people it's been a long time since i see so many dudes scare of someone like osama bin laden

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's my PS3 I'll do whatever the hell I want with my property and if sony don't like that all I have to say is go for it come and sue me See what you get. A big goose egg $0

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fireballo said:
It's my PS3 I'll do whatever the hell I want with my property and if sony don't like that all I have to say is got for it come and sue me See what you get.
I think they'll get money, a PS3 and disappointment.

Anyway, I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fireballo said:
It's my PS3 I'll do whatever the hell I want with my property and if sony don't like that all I have to say is go for it come and sue me See what you get. A big goose egg $0
I'm sure about that too but i don't want sony suing me cause they will find my AWESOMENESS XXX collection and some other private stuff iff they do some kind of spy on me i'll put some lawyers on them too

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Sony IS IN FACT trying to go after everyone....even ppl who have viewed or commented on geohots youtube videos. Sony will not stop at any extent even if they know it is frivolous just for the fact that they know most ppl can't afford good lawyers and that defendant will lose no matter what in the end.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also think Sony will go after ANYONE who has DL'ed ANYTHING on their computer, or have purchased ANYTHING off any JB site. Even if not going online with it.
Thats Sony's intent......

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i watched the geohot video at least 2 times. let sony come sue me. but guess what? im a broke mofo. it will cost them more to file the papers to bring a suit against me then they will get. and here in teh land of america, we have something called bankrupt.

even on the off chance that they DO come after me and they DO somehow win $1,000,000,000,000, i can simply file bankrupsy and they dont get shit. simple fact is that they cant take from me what i dont have.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't sue someone for viewing a video, it's a scattergun approach. You file papers against anyone everyone and then follow up the ones that stick.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sony is not after everyone guys, only afters hackers...
Yes they want the IP adresses of the people that posted comments about the geohot video, but only to find the hackers and to make a statement. Sony will NEVER go after average gbatemp pirates..

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Sony will NEVER go after average gbatemp pirates..

I wouldn't say never. They may go after a few of them as a scare tactic, if they have proof that they pirated or some other reason. I wouldn't be too worried about it, unless your a hacker/major distributors or seller.

Well I never done anything to my PS3 yet although I'm thinking about running folding on it, although I'm not sure I want to void my warranty just yet or during this mess.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
seriously the hacker and devs on PS3 are using TOR with 5 layer proxies or more (according to one of the dev's that is lurking in IRC).

if they plan to trace them by giving the IP addresses.. then giveup $on, they're not ignorant.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I say they shouldn't be doing this.
I think it should be natural for a company and a hacker to have a war, but the only thing a company SHOULD do is AP updates.
I mean, Sony really needs to think of the amount of people who bought the PS3 TO hack it??

Smartpal

The Guitar Guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Rydian said:
They're subpoenaing for information on those who commented (and the contents of the comments) so they can gather more evidence.

They're not going to sue people who just viewed, not even Sony's that crazy.

Exactly what I thought. Cos sueing everyone who viewed the video would be quite a task.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.