Will Nintendo Wifi Connection shutting down affect the Dolphin emulator's online?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it uses its own online infrastructure or Nintendo's Wifi Connection.

Same question to Desmume (the DS emulator)

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't mean that, sorry if it sounded rude, and I have no idea on what xlinkkai is
You werent rude at all, just reassuring my legitimacy. Xlinkai was a way to tunnel LAN games to play online, it allow 6th gen consoles to go online like GameCube, Xbox, and PS2. I just dont know if their service is available still.

I just wanna know if there are any other means to play DS and Wii games online once Nintendo takes down Wifi Connection forever.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Games that worked with Xlinkai before should still work now (although I don't actually know if it ever worked for Wii). Games that used the Nintendo online servers won't work. Games that used their own servers (I believe Monster Hunter Tri falls into this category) will still work. The only workaround I can think of would be emulating an official server via proxy, although I've no idea if someone's actually managed that.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You werent rude at all, just reassuring my legitimacy. Xlinkai was a way to tunnel LAN games to play online, it allow 6th gen consoles to go online like GameCube, Xbox, and PS2. I just dont know if their service is available still.

I just wanna know if there are any other means to play DS and Wii games online once Nintendo takes down Wifi Connection forever.

xlink kai is around for the 360 as well, but it's typically for 360s that use the SMC Hack (JTAG for people ignorant of the 360 scene) and RGH (and RGH derived methods) You can integrate it with Freestyledash, but meh.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xlink kai is around for the 360 as well, but it's typically for 360s that use the SMC Hack (JTAG for people ignorant of the 360 scene) and RGH (and RGH derived methods) You can integrate it with Freestyledash, but meh.
Does xlink kai still work with GameCube? I remembered trying it once years ago with a friend but since then I forgot how to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1