Hacking Will my PS3 recognize my CFW PSP?

Nayr Rosfar

White Knight
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably sounds stupid. But I've got a PSP running CFW 5.00 M33-6(Old I know, haven't used it in awhile.) and I wanna connect it to my 4.00 PS3 so I can move my Final Fantasy VII file over to my PSP for storage.

But what I don't know is what exactly will happen when they connect. Will the PS3 and Sony just accept it and be none the wiser, or will the firmware be logged and sent back to Sony who will then proceed to ban my PSN account?

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Best not to. I'm pretty sure you need to have a certain minimum to connect to PS3, same as when connecting to PSN / MediaGo, and a old CFW just isn't going to register as the correct firmware.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
@OP. Dunno if it'll connect, it might tell you to update.
You can't move PS1 games over to your PSP anymore, you need to redownload them and I think they appear on your XMB ready to install to your PS3 or move to your PSP. If you've already installed it to your PS3, you need to redownload.
Yeah you might get banned,im not sure.
No you won't get banned.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I could connect my PSP M33-6 without problem with my PS3 ofw 3.41 to act as storage device, and to transfer a PS1 save from PSP to PS3.
Though, I don't have a PSN account (and wouldn't be able to use it anyway as I'm not using 4.x), so I don't know if you could get banned or not.
I don't know about transferring a complete game, I don't have any to try.

I think you won't be banned as I never heard it happened to anyone yet.
But I can't be 100% sure.
They could change their policy.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
i have a 5,00 m33-6 PSP and a ps3 on 4.00 OFW

the ps3 see the psp as a PSP (if is not seeing the psp as a PSP, then some if the ID keys might be messed up(it happens with psp, that were downgraded at some point)

i needed to edit the Version.txt in flash0 to show 6.60(or higher) and enable "use Version.txt" in the Recovery menu
activation was tricky as the PS3 gave me a error when i tried to the activation for the PSP
but i was able to get Game activation to work but doing it on the PC using the qriocity webstie

just so you know with 4.00 ps3 FW
you older PSN PSP downloads you have installed to the PS3, don't work
you need to RE-DOWNLOAD the PSP item from you Download list
when you go it install it, you will be installed right to the PSP

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm on 6.60 Pro B10.1, upon connection it fakes firmware number to be 9.99 == problem solved, PS3 accepts it. Attempted remote play on Liar - worked just fine. Moving save files worked aswell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night