Hacking Will clone carts support multirom in the future?

spinner09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed on the Gateway website, they've promised multirom support soon (they said they're already testing it internally). But the question is, will the clone carts be able to support it after Gateway release it? (such as 3DSLink, R4i Gold Deluxe, etc)
I heard some rumors that the clone carts lack the capability and will need a hardware upgrade (so, we'll have to buy a new cart). How reliable are these "rumors"? The R4i team have already promised multirom support in their 3.1 firmware, but I don't know whether to believe them or not.
I'm considering buying a cheap R4i Gold Deluxe and would like to know, thanks.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Whilst we're gleaming into the future.

Will I win the lottery next week?

Seriously... there's a ton of discussion on this sub forum. Just because you're too lazy to read through them for your answer doesn't mean you should create a new thread just for asking a question for which the answer already exists.

To answer your question, there is no answer.

gix222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it looks like they are not doing anything before gateway realise, cloners said the same thing as gateway, and christmass is over and lies are shown.

tecra_a8

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
GW claims that the clones won't be able to support multiROM and NAND based save without upgrades to the hardware chip..
but who knows.. they still haven't even released their own firmware and christmas is already over

spinner09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW claims that the clones won't be able to support multiROM and NAND based save without upgrades to the hardware chip..

Where did Gateway claim this, by the way? I've checked their news updates but couldn't find it.
Also, what if GW is just lying to try and stop people buying the cheaper clones?

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Where did Gateway claim this, by the way? I've checked their news updates but couldn't find it.

It's more of progressive convolution.

GW really just said that their carts will be updatable without the need for hardware revision. Hence the may or may not be fanboys took this to mean that the clones are inferior hence will need a new hardware chip.

tecra_a8

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Also, what if GW is just lying to try and stop people buying the cheaper clones?

no one knows except the GW team themselves :)
but judging from their previous support, firmware and releases, i think these guys are pretty smart ass, they can't be lying

KineticSonata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is multi-rom really a dealbreaker?

I would rather GW perfect NAND based saving, maintain up to date compatibility, and develop actual innovations than work feverishly to save the end user a few extra minutes a day in imaging time.

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
I heard of this, but word is that the price will be around $75 (some sites are even selling pre-orders for $75), which is pretty expensive.
Compared to the R4i Gold Deluxe which is only $45.
Price is same like GW, but there is no final price. Maybe they will reduce it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's no reason why they shouldn't or couldn't. That however doesn't mean that they will, and this applies to each and every clone carts.

The idea of clone carts is to take a pre-existing design, copy it with the least expenses possible and then sell it by undercutting the original's price - this tactic in no way involves loads of effort or post-release support, so all that is within the sphere of speculation. :)

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes they will. They will also enable you to teleport anywhere you choose. Even better, they will make your penis grow to extraordinary lengths.

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
15391crystal_ball.jpg

Reactions: Mad Bawler

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, he's kinda right. MT-Card has multirom support already (proven in Youtube videos), and Gateway doesn't. Gateway may need a hardware revision.
Gateway can release their Firmware before MT-Card does. I suppose that it will be equal to the MT-Card's one (just without the button and maybe with another GUI). Why is everyone talking about Hardware revisions? Until now no 3DS mode flashcard needed one.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is multi-rom really a dealbreaker?

I would rather GW perfect NAND based saving, maintain up to date compatibility, and develop actual innovations than work feverishly to save the end user a few extra minutes a day in imaging time.
I would rather have both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu