Hacking Will arcodes work in gateway emunand if I downgrade the browser?

pokefan92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been reading a lot, but most of people talk about cfws and I'm interested in gateway emunand.

I lost my save data in kingdom hearts dream drop distance, and now I want to add cheats because I want a quick way to recover my progress.

If I just go to 'that iso site' and download the 4096 version of the browser with devmenu in emunand, will arcodes work?

If is useful, I have a Old3DS 4.4 + emunand

I am a bit scared due to this post by cearp:

"gw does not support updating the nativefirm, so you will brick if this is needed to update in the fw update :)"
https://gbatemp.net/goto/post?id=5566803#post-5566803

Thanks in advance

tjhooker73

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update a system title in emunand it shouldn't brick the 3ds. It might cause your emunand to become unusable. But that's easy to fix.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Since you have a O3DS, you can update emunand to the latest firmware (10.1 currently). Afterwards just find the correct browser version for this exploit (the one from firmware 9.2 for example) and install it with a CIA installer (BBM, FBI, etc). You need to install it to emunand obviously. That way you'll downgrade your current browser in emunand and the ARCodes will work. It makes no difference if it's made in a CFW or Gateway. You're just modifying a single component of emunand.

You can find the correct browser version in that "ISO" website for "3DS".

As a personal advice, always make a backup of your sysnand and emunand. This advice isn't related to this process you're asking about but it's just a general recommendation so that you always have a backup in case anything ever happens.

Last edited by lemanuel,

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I gave myself some coins in sticker star before, so I'd say yes.

I downgraded to the last exploitable spider browser (downloaded from nus), then installed it and used arcodes website to give myself coins while in gateway emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there