Homebrew Will a functional NDS emulator cripple nintendo ?

timbojill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will a functional NDS emulator cripple nintendo ? If one were to come out tommorrow that ran most commercial roms how would it affect nintendo.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, just like how the GBA emulators crippled Nintendo on the GBA. I mean, they only sold like, what, a gazillion games for it. Imagine if the emus didn't exist. They could have sold 1.1 gazillion.

troublesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^^^ portability is #1 unless u can run it on a palm... an also they would sell more softwares by people beign able to test the games b4 they buy it!!

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Meh, if the percentage of people using roms isn't hurting their business, the same percentage that would emulate rather than play on the real system won't do any real damage either.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing beats the real thing.
wink.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
an emu for ds wouldn't be fun cause a mouse doesn't compete with a stylus. and i have a tablet and i doubt that would change anything
Indeed. Clicking about with the mouse or tapping on a graphics tablet just isn't as entertaining even if a DS emulator was "perfected". Imagine playing Osu Tatakae Ouendan, the recent Mawasu n'da! or any other title that involves rigorous use of the stylus. Won't be very fun. Not to mention some of the games require you to close your DS to perform some actions
wink.gif

It'll give some leeway for finding cheat codes and ROM hacking, though.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
an emu for ds wouldn't be fun cause a mouse doesn't compete with a stylus. and i have a tablet and i doubt that would change anything

Indeed. Clicking about with the mouse or tapping on a graphics tablet just isn't as entertaining even if a DS emulator was "perfected". Imagine playing Osu Tatakae Ouendan, the recent Mawasu n'da! or any other title that involves rigorous use of the stylus. Won't be very fun. Not to mention some of the games require you to close your DS to perform some actions
wink.gif

It'll give some leeway for finding cheat codes and ROM hacking, though.
I came into this topic to say this. Someone beat me to it. Thanks for making my job easier.
laugh.gif

Z

Zelion

Doubtful it would cripple Nintendo, or even make them flinch. They would undoubtedly call some lawyers in and start pointing fingers at the developer and telling them to cease and desist. Another point is that even if it was made, people will still buy the actual games and handheld. Whats a portable system is its stuck on your PC?

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a functioning GBA one before the system was released didn't, why would a DS one?

Agreed. I tried to use the GBA emulators waiting for the buss one day, but someone back at home must have tripped over the extension cord because the screen went blank right in the middle of Minish Cap. It was ok though because my knees were getting pretty tired of having the monitor rest on them.
ph34r.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A NDS emulator would be a pain for me if it did come out. I still don't have a microphone so some of the games would be out of the question. A bigger question would be..... will a PSP emulator ever surface? Considering that it's on par with PS2 and that's still not emulated properly.... I'll give it a few more years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...