WiiWare/Virtual Console Ganes Only on Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Crash10, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Crash10
    OP

Crash10 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2018
    Brazil
    Hi everyone, thing is: I have a WiiWare game installed as usual, using WAD Manager and stuff, and I plan to download more WiiWare and Virtual Console titles on the future. The Wii's memory by itself seems to be insufficient for me, so I just wanna ask: Is there any way I can install those games and not have them on my Wii Menu, instead being only on my Hard Drive? If so, how can I do it? Thanks.

2. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    I dunno on how to properly do it on vWii (the Wii inside WiiU), but I remember that on Wii you could use virtual NAND instances to fill with lots of WADs, and you could use USB Loader GX or something similar to load them, instead of redirecting the home menu to this virtual memory.
    Maybe this guide may help you:
    https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/sneek

3. Crash10
    OP

Crash10 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2018
    Brazil
    Thanks for that, but, what if I, for example, download the game and use WAD Manager normally, then just deleted the channel on the Wii Menu? Will the game stay on my USB Loaders, and will the game's save file be affected? It seems like an easier option, that's why I'm asking.

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    If you delete the channel it deletes everything except the ticket and game saves, so there's nothing to launch.

Just use a loader that can dump your NAND and run the games from emuNAND with a cIOS. There are only a few games that aren't compatible with that and you can use NEEK2O for those with the same NAND dump.

5. Crash10
    OP

Crash10 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2018
    Brazil
    Alright. USB Loader GX can do that, right?

6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Yep. If you look at the bottom of the Features menu there are options both to dump your NAND and to install WADs to the dumped directory. :)

7. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    Does it work on vWii (for WiiU) or it's a feature that will work only on actual Wiis?

8. Crash10
    OP

Crash10 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2018
    Brazil
    Okay, last thing. After I redirected, will I have to reinstall my current WADs and then delete them from the Wii Menu? Or is it the opposite?

9. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    emuNAND should work fine on vWii, but NEEK requires a different kernel that isn't publicly available as it was never made into mergable modules like the original one and it contains copyrighted IOS code.