Hardware WiiWare / Virtual Console Dats for OfflineList / ClrMamePro

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Me too
frown.gif

I really hope someone with time can maybe set a site up (like WiiTDB) and let the users update the info...hmm or at least a select few volunteers that can be trusted to do it right.

It's too much for one guy (although Nago has done himself proud up to this point) imho.

Methanoid

Trophies
XP
Country
MyGen said:
Does anyone know if it's possible to disable compression completely in offlinelist? Seems totally pointless compressing the already-compressed, then having the uncompress them again in order to install the WADs...

I wish there was.. so many times I have looked for this.. if you find a way do share!

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
afaik there're still maintained. at least there's no hint in the irc channel of the real-team.
i'd like to see a nice dat for offlinelist tho :/

xuom2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm an awful person for not updating. I did, however, just recently publish an update that is current as of RIGHTNOW OH MY GOSH.
I got bogged down with the dreaded schoolwork. Thanks to everyone else who have had other projects to fill in the gap.

BAM: WiiWare Dat mySQL Table Dump Just in case I go MIA again! Compare it against your own database! Amaze your friends! Impress women! GO HOG WILD!

I will also post a version of my custom 'wadtool', a simple C++ program (that runs in windows or unix) that returns some info on a wad, e.g,:
[nago@ajisashi ~/www ] $ wadtool kirby.wad
kirby.wad - Title: JBCE; Type: SNES; Region: US; Regioncode: USA; Tamper: NO; Ticket: BAD; Makercode: 3031;

---

For more info; I have a series of scripts and bots that harvest and update information for me, though every time I "publish" a dat, there is a lot of footwork in making sure everything's ok. I went through a phase where I didn't have the time to pay attention to it, and I apologize for abandoning you without updates. It was always my intention to create a website that would allow users to contribute information if they wanted to, as well as show a site that has all of the "temporary" data- (E.g, while I was away, my database still had all the most recent CRCs ...) but I just didn't have time to make it work.

If anyone out there has a little expertise with jQuery and would like to help me set up a little dat website, I would really appreciate the help. Send me a PM if you're interested in doing a little web development for me.

I do intend to keep updating my database, though. I will try my best to make sure I update at least twice a month, though I'm afraid I am completely unable to dedicate my time to updating screenshots or language information. I am sorry!

I intend to do an update for the virtual console dat this weekend, there is a bit more error-checking involved due to the higher volume of releases. I actually did a lot of it already, but if I don't make my deadline ... I promise I haven't died, there's just a lot to catch up on!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you Nago !
I really like your dats (specially the Nuked one).

I was wondering if I should/could start a website to allow users to edit the dats online (like Wiitdb), but didn't have the time to start it.
I'm happy you will make one, maybe I can help but I don't know if I can (I never used jQuery yet, only plain javascript)

*so many project, so little time @_@*

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Thanks Nago,
I'm really looking forward for your VC update. It's really outdated. Looking forward to getting everything up to date again
smile.gif

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there some way to get ClrMamePro to name things differently? I really don't care about the release numbers and they just make it more difficult to find a game I'm looking for. It'd be much better if the number wasn't in the file name at all, or possibly at the end of the file name.

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunatey, ClrMamePro names things statically so far as I know.

One of the project I was working on was a way to, using a web interface, define the naming format you wanted for a ClrMamePro dat, have it generate it, and you get to download it.

It is unfortunately not ready for prime-time (as are most of my webtools) ... but can you give me an idea of the format you'd like? I might be able to hook something up for you without much of a fuss.

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nago said:
Unfortunatey, ClrMamePro names things statically so far as I know.

One of the project I was working on was a way to, using a web interface, define the naming format you wanted for a ClrMamePro dat, have it generate it, and you get to download it.

It is unfortunately not ready for prime-time (as are most of my webtools) ... but can you give me an idea of the format you'd like? I might be able to hook something up for you without much of a fuss.

Thanks for the response Nago! First off, BIG props to your hard work! Here's my ideal naming scheme for WiiWare:

"Game Name (Region) (Uniqueness, i.e. demo, version, etc) (DLC)"

And this would be a VC naming scheme:

"Game Name (Console) (Region) (Uniqueness, i.e. demo, version, etc) (DLC)"

Now, quite frankly, I couldn't care less about the "Scene Numbers," but if you need to include them, throw them at the end in another couple of parenthesis.

Again, awesome work, and thanks in advance if you wind up doing something like this!

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
The scene doesn't use the numbers either. They're there simply for ordering if people want it, I'm just following an OfflineList tradition. I don't really care for them or need them either.

I will try to make a different CMP format for you within the coming days: It really shouldn't be too hard.

--

I know I said I'd try to have VC done by the weekend (You know, the one that just went past) but I didn't make my goal. I'm still working on it, though.
As an apology, I've updated WiiWare to the latest; including today's (Or was it yesterday's?) Japanese WiiWare releases (Gyakuten Saiban 3.)

I had some database strangeness earlier, so if you run into any errors, please let me know if something seems out of place, thanks.

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
It's actually about done, but I'm writing a new error-checking script to make sure it's tidy. I COULD publish it today, but I want to make sure I've got it spotless first.

I will most likely release it this weekend, though we've all heard that one before
wink.gif

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
lol

Well, yeah, accuracy is one of your best quailites. I'm looking forward to the release.. I lost track of what I'm missing ages ago

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting on the very newest releases for VC, I will publish either tonight or tomorrow. Here are some notes of interest:

1) A new group, NRP, has been releasing Japanese VC games. They use a slightly different packing method for their WADs that is preferred slightly over PLAY-SKiLL's method. There were two games that NRP duped by accident (Phelios and Youkai Douchuki) and while normally the NRPs would be Nuked and the PLAY-SKiLLs kept (Indeed, the NRPs were nuked in the scene), the NRPs will be kept instead in my database. The same is true for the WiiWare release of Wii de Ultra Hand.

2) Dupe IDs still don't apply to localizations. The affected titles are these:
US/PAL: Pac-Attack; JP: Cosmo Gang the Puzzle
US: Renegade; JP: Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun
US/PAL: Secret Command; JP: Ashura (Was formerly titled 'Ninja Kun Ashura no Shou in the previous version. This is a mistake that is now fixed.)
US/PAL: Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine; JP: Puyo Puyo

I think that's the only interesting things I have to note for now ... Update to follow soon...ish. (Maybe!)

--

Edit 1: I tried to update it, but something broke. Hang on while I try to figure out what went wrong ... !

Edit 2: Fixed. If you updated in the timeframe it was broken, you'll have to manually re-download it. I'm sorry! (I forgot to put filler CRCs in for missing nukes.)

There's a new problem, though. Now that VC has surpassed 1000 releases, the nukes don't appear at the end of the list like they should.
I'll be replacing the numbering scheme of nukes (10001, 10002, etc.) with (99001, 99002, 99003) to help the list sort better.

Edit 3: There are some images that never update correctly. I'm fixing them now, along with the nuke numbering, and will be pushing an update out within a few minutes here.

Edit 4: Everything should be fixed! Sorry for the choppy transition, I had to clean out the cobwebs left since September!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free