Hacking WiiWare/VC on USB Loader

Serberus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I know it hasn't been implemented as of yet, but I see a lot of talk about it being thrown around.

Currently, I'm running all of my WiiWare and VC off of a 1gb SD card, which kind of sucks because I have a bad habit of wanting to play too many different games.
I'm thinking about getting a 8gb SDHC which would obviously resolve this. But, I have an 80gb HDD and enclosure just sitting in my closet doing absolutely nothing. I was planning on pulling this to use as a testing pad for Wii games before I buy them, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

So, back to the point, I have a few questions...

1. Does anyone know FOR SURE that WW/VC loading using USB Loader is currently in the works?
1a. If yes, does anyone have a date when this may be release?
2. If no one knows for sure, does anyone know where I could get the answer?

Sorry if these seem like dumb questions, but I'd rather use the $20 it would cost for a 8gb SDHC for a game if USB Loader will handle WW/VC soon.
Thanks for you time!

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mat03111984 said:
i would of thought usb loaders like gx would be trying to implement this, but no word of it yet, hope they do it tho

It's like they tried to implement everything anyone could possibly not want in a USB Loader. And now that there's something that'd fit perfectly, they've disappeared.

Would be really nice to have it auto-read your SD/USB-NAND and just propagate the games list with wiiware titles as well.

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Ossot said:
mat03111984 said:
i would of thought usb loaders like gx would be trying to implement this, but no word of it yet, hope they do it tho

It's like they tried to implement everything anyone could possibly not want in a USB Loader. And now that there's something that'd fit perfectly, they've disappeared.

Would be really nice to have it auto-read your SD/USB-NAND and just propagate the games list with wiiware titles as well.

It is opensource so why won't you try to add it yourself?

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sabin_Figaro said:
Ossot said:
mat03111984 said:

I think I might just do that. I hate when people sit around saying "do this or do that" for some random Wii homebrew app. If you want it that bad, do it yourself. Just like my granpappy used to say.

I was just thinking the other day. Remember back in the early 90s, walkmans and portable CD players. I hated the portable CD players, still do, they skip so easily. I still use mine though. I remember always talking to my one buddy, he'd go on about how he wished someone would invent a way to compress music digitally, then develop a portable player. Well I still use my sony walkman, because hell, I'm still working on developing something to rival mp3 players. But that sell out pussy friend of mine, guess what, faggot went and bought an iPod. I bust his balls, i mean, you shouldn't use something unless you made it yourself.

Like those people wanting cars with better gas mileage. Come on people. The engine has been around forever, you can look up how to build one online. Go out and make a better gas mileage vehicle if you want one so bad. I'm so damn tired of people in society today. I want this.. i want that.. they're not like me and you Sabin. We're real men. Living in our little caves and eating our foraged berries. If you can't make it yourself, you shouldn't ever use someone elses or ever hope someone else can make it. That's the code us real men live by.

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Ossot said:
Sabin_Figaro said:
Ossot said:
mat03111984 said:

I think I might just do that. I hate when people sit around saying "do this or do that" for some random Wii homebrew app. If you want it that bad, do it yourself. Just like my granpappy used to say.

I was just thinking the other day. Remember back in the early 90s, walkmans and portable CD players. I hated the portable CD players, still do, they skip so easily. I still use mine though. I remember always talking to my one buddy, he'd go on about how he wished someone would invent a way to compress music digitally, then develop a portable player. Well I still use my sony walkman, because hell, I'm still working on developing something to rival mp3 players. But that sell out pussy friend of mine, guess what, faggot went and bought an iPod. I bust his balls, i mean, you shouldn't use something unless you made it yourself.

Like those people wanting cars with better gas mileage. Come on people. The engine has been around forever, you can look up how to build one online. Go out and make a better gas mileage vehicle if you want one so bad. I'm so damn tired of people in society today. I want this.. i want that.. they're not like me and you Sabin. We're real men. Living in our little caves and eating our foraged berries. If you can't make it yourself, you shouldn't ever use someone elses or ever hope someone else can make it. That's the code us real men live by.

you show em lazy people tiger

Serberus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif
Sorry I missed that proggie. I guess what threw me was all the talk of NAND and NAND emu. I'm sort of newer to Wii exploitation, and it didn't really make sense to me. Usually I can figure stuff out on my own (hence why I've never posted here) as things are usually written out or explained fairly well.

So, From what I can tell, I have to use Wad Manager 1.5 to make a NAND backup on a USB HDD. And, I have to have both an SD Card and a HDD plugged in. Other than that, I can't find a real clear cut explanation of how this works. Or maybe It just seems more complex than it is.
How about this, can someone tell me if this is right?

1. Have a USB HDD formatted into two partitions (P1=Fat32 (For Triiforce) and P2=WBFS (For USB Loader))
2. Use Wad Manager 1.5 to do a NAND backup of each WW/VC game (one by one?)
3. Run off of USB using Triiforce

Any more help would be greatly appreciated. If there's a tutorial or a readme out there somewhere, point me in the right direction.
I'd rather read that and help myself than make you guys explain it to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey