Hacking WiiWare Aspect Ratio Support?

lurkerer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there everyone,

It's my first post although I have been doing quite a bit of reading here over the last few months.

I've pretty much achieved everything I've wanted to on my PAL Wii without needing to ask any silly questions, although I can't recount the exact steps- below is what I can remember!

---------------
*rev1260 (that's the USB loader revision right?) IOS249 (rev65535) +AHB dx2 v10beta52 base 56
(IOS 236 is installed obviously,
when I check the IOS grid in dx2CIOS installer everything but 249 is listed as a STUB, I'm not sure if this is the best / correct setup?)

*Everything boots through USB Loader GX, I have it installed with a channel forwarder, it autoboots on startup and titles "reset to" it.

*Soft region change to NTSCU for 60hz in some games that refuse to force it (No system menu installed as I use the offline region changer and can't seem to get back to 4.3E if I install 4.1U system menu)

*Emunand runs from SD path with my VC + Wiiware backups.
(Backups for ZeldaMM, OgreB64, Smash64, Sonic4ep1, CastlevaniaRebirth run from local memory as they have issues on Emunand)

*Wii + GCN backups run from USB path.

*GCN backups are booted via Nintendon't v3.372
(DIOSMIOS v2.11+ is present also, I'm not sure what the better option is but I've had no issues with Nintendon't thus far)
---------------

The text in red are minor questions I have if anyone wants to address those.

My real question however is this; On my configuration WiiWare titles will only display the system set aspect ratio and ignore the loader settings. I have tried several titles and configurations and nothing seems to work. Are WiiWare titles unsupported by some of the loader settings? Or is there a work around?

Thank you in advance!

Edit: No one :)?

Last edited by lurkerer,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there everyone,

It's my first post although I have been doing quite a bit of reading here over the last few months.

I've pretty much achieved everything I've wanted to on my PAL Wii without needing to ask any silly questions, although I can't recount the exact steps- below is what I can remember!

---------------
*rev1260 (that's the USB loader revision right?) IOS249 (rev65535) +AHB dx2 v10beta52 base 56
(IOS 236 is installed obviously,
when I check the IOS grid in dx2CIOS installer everything but 249 is listed as a STUB, I'm not sure if this is the best / correct setup?)

*Everything boots through USB Loader GX, I have it installed with a channel forwarder, it autoboots on startup and titles "reset to" it.

*Soft region change to NTSCU for 60hz in some games that refuse to force it (No system menu installed as I use the offline region changer and can't seem to get back to 4.3E if I install 4.1U system menu)

*Emunand runs from SD path with my VC + Wiiware backups.
(Backups for ZeldaMM, OgreB64, Smash64, Sonic4ep1, CastlevaniaRebirth run from local memory as they have issues on Emunand)

*Wii + GCN backups run from USB path.

*GCN backups are booted via Nintendon't v3.372
(DIOSMIOS v2.11+ is present also, I'm not sure what the better option is but I've had no issues with Nintendon't thus far)
---------------

The text in red are minor questions I have if anyone wants to address those.

My real question however is this; On my configuration WiiWare titles will only display the system set aspect ratio and ignore the loader settings. I have tried several titles and configurations and nothing seems to work. Are WiiWare titles unsupported by some of the loader settings? Or is there a work around?

Thank you in advance!

Edit: No one :)?

1. r1260 is, in fact, the latest version of USB Loader GX
2. You should be fine with 249 but some games like CoD: Black Ops and games with USB peripherals require IOS57 instead of 56 so you might want to install d2x as 250[57] as well.
3. It's fine to leave DM installed but Nintendont has much better compatibility and supports streaming audio games properly.
4. I'm honestly not sure about the NAND titles and aspect ratio, but I don't think USB loaders patch those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?