Hacking wiiware and virtual console titles on Wii U/vWii

Fil o_O

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello to all. I'm fairly new to the scene and brand new to this particular forum. So: Hi!

Ok, I'll dive right into it. I have read and browsed these forums for about two days now and I'm still not sure what the right answer to my question is. Because some answers were given but then I realized that they were outdated, some I didn't even understand at all, others lead me to approx. 10 subsites and I eventually lost track of what I even want.

So here is what I want. I try to put this as simple as possible, by starting what my individual situation is and what I want to achieve. (If my language or the vocabular that I use is incorrect, please feel free to point that out to me, I'm willing to learn the correct terminology)

I own a Wii U, I softmodded it using a german tutorial called UHG Downloader. Unfortunately I cannot say what exactly it did, but I have the Homebrew Channel, I can start backed up games using the USB Loader GX. The loader also has a forwarder channel in the vWii system menu. I managed to install a forwarder channel for the Zsnes9x also.
In the SD card slot is a formatted 2 gb sd card that holds all the apps and some games for the zsnes.

Now what I want is to install WAD files. I have WAD files for Mario Kart 64 and Zelda, also some WiiWare stuff.
First I thought of simply installing it via the YAWMM that came with the softmodding process, but then I didn't dare do it because of a brick risk. I know this question was asked in these very forums but oddly enough I didn't feel like my question is answered.
-I'm still not sure if I need an EmuNand. (I clicked a link that lead to a site where it read: "install EmuNand on vWii, but I didn't understand what to do exactly...?)
-I'm still not sure if WAD files for games can or cannot brick the vWii
-I'm still not sure if the WAD game or WiiWare runs off an SD card, and if so, is it the same SD card that is in my Wii all the time or can it be switched or can I even plug another USB Drive into the console? So that WAD games run off that USB Drive like the games that USB Loader GX uses.

If anyone would be so kind as to assist me in unraveling the confusion I have with my Wii U/vWii, I really would appreciate it!!

Best regards!

ps. if any further information should be required, please let me know and I will edit this post accordingly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    putting me into a shrink is not going to help anyone but *THEM*
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Poor Leo. Everyone out to harm you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes see? the fault is within you
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Same here, I struggle too. Its highly suggested to maybe take a break from the site just to calm down.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and ones like yuou
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so leave me alone and stop sending me pms
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    you started
    Im pretty certain most people here, Leo, don't believe much of what you say about your situations, if anything at all.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    you sent me pm and brought me up here
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    stupid motherfucker
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea...you don't want to hear the truth
    Yeah. After you litter the forum with your sob stories. Im calling you out.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    then mind your own business
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    otherwise fuck off
    Show us some proof. Lets see police reports, court documents, video and/or audio recordings, etc. etc.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I already did show part of it, you ridiculed me instead
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: I think that's what you have