Official WiiUBru Homebrew Channel and Forwarder Page

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by brienj, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Jyssa

Newcomer Jyssa Member

France
    Nice work dude ! :D Thank you very much :D
    What will be next? FTPiiU? x) :D

2. brienj
    OP

Member brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

United States
    Actually, IDK. Should I make a poll? Hmmm, actually I choose each one by a few criteria. How much I like the app, how much of a demand there is for an app to be installed, and how quickly I can do it. U-Paint was done first, cause it's mine, and it was my test port to rpx. Then I ported Flappy Bird, because I love @rw-r-r_0644 's port. Then I did Loadiine Forwarder, because so many people wanted a Loadiine channel, and the HBL2HBC Forwarder came from that too, because I couldn't get the porting down correctly, so I made it a forwarder as well. And then I did the WUP Installer, so people could have a safe alternative to System Config Tool. Logically, FTPiiU sounds as good as any, but with Mocha, don't we have a built-in wup server anyway? I really don't know. Maybe I can port @Dylon99 's Clock app and make a channel. :D

vgmoose, Dylon99 and rw-r-r_0644 like this.
  3. Billy Acuña

Member Billy Acuña GBAtemp Maniac

Mexico
    We have HIDtoVPAD, SDCafiine (needs to be updated with libiosuhax) and retroarch (this last one I think we should wait for the standalone app, its a matter of time).

brienj likes this.
  4. brienj
    OP

United States
    Once I figure out which version of Ast-U-Roids is the most up to date, I have code scattered everywhere on my PC, I may do that one too. I have to make sure it's my original OSScreen version that was released, not the GX2 port I was working on, because that isn't optimized, and actually runs a little slower, because of the way I was trying to do it. OSScreen 4 Life!!! :D

But I know there are much more deserving apps that are more useful to people, and I get bored with my projects pretty quickly.

5. Billy Acuña

Member Billy Acuña GBAtemp Maniac

Mexico
    Let me see if I can help you out porting into rpx on the other homebrews. Everything I need to know is in the @Maschell's template, right?

6. brienj
    OP

United States
    Most of it. But there are a few exceptions, like WUP Installer GX2, I had to change some functions, because there were errors in wut, that wouldn't show up as errors in the elf version. Some are easy fixes, like casting, but some require a little bit of extra programming.

rw-r-r_0644 and Billy Acuña like this.
  7. vickdu31

Newcomer vickdu31 Advanced Member

Finland
    Does all of the channels need the signature patch before we can run them ? Is there a way to patch them to be launched as system title ?(without cfw)

Out of topic : I think the wii u need a nice media player like vlc. On the wii there was a lot of good ones like WiiMC or showtime on ps3 so we could play almost any video format with subs.

8. lordelan

Member lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    No you would always need a CFW as an unpatched/vanilla system would only allow games or apps with legal tickets and you can't create a ticket without sigpatches right now that tricks the Wii U into thinking it's legal. Otherwise no one would have to buy a DS game in the eShop for Haxchi.

I've read somewhere here in the forum that someone is already working on a media player.
    I think it was "just" a simple player like VLC and not a media center like KODI but it is in work so just wait patiently. :) But you can already use PLEX through the Internet Browser if that pleases you.

Last edited by lordelan, Jan 7, 2017
    vickdu31 likes this.
  9. jbuck1975

Member jbuck1975 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    gonna take a look at doing some of this. just need to learn a little about it

10. brienj
    OP

United States
    A new version of U-Paint will be coming out soon(TM). I fixed the saving problem, and there may be one or two more additions to it as well.

lordelan likes this.