Homebrew wiiu_usb_helper broken??

aljpn91

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i just tried to install some dlc i got from wiiu_usb_helper, and it failed to install giving me the "signatures must be patched to install" error when running wupinstaller after loading mocha
turns out the archive was missing some files after comparing it to the dlc i got from another source, that installed just fine

doesn't usb helper gets it's data from nintendo servers?
why are important files missing from these packages?
can this be fixed if i redownload the archive?

Last edited by aljpn91,
D

Deleted User

Just redownload it again. Wii U USB Helper like every NUS downlader has chance to miss some files or download them in wrong way. That's why you use Copy to SD function because it verifies files and redownloads if one is missing.

aljpn91

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i restarted the download and it's now downloading the missing files
just need to wait and see what happens next

it's all there now, from now on i'll download everything twice, just to make sure i get the whole thing before i try to install it

Last edited by aljpn91,

Link'sSpiritualAwakening

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just tried to install some dlc i got from wiiu_usb_helper, and it failed to install giving me the "signatures must be patched to install" error when running wupinstaller after loading mocha
turns out the archive was missing some files after comparing it to the dlc i got from another source, that installed just fine

doesn't usb helper gets it's data from nintendo servers?
why are important files missing from these packages?
can this be fixed if i redownload the archive?

If it says signatures must be patch to install... it means exactly that. Redownloading isn't going to help. You need to run Mocha cfw or something else that patches signatures, then your wupinstaller.

aljpn91

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If it says signatures must be patch to install... it means exactly that. Redownloading isn't going to help. You need to run Mocha cfw or something else that patches signatures, then your wupinstaller.

i did run mocha before running wup installer and there were indeed some missing files from the archive that i ended up downloading after hitting the download button a second time, therefore the error had nothing to do with sigpatches
i got an error telling me i had a corrupt sd card too once, and that turned out to be fake too, because what was actually corrupt were the files themselves
point is, never trust error messages

Last edited by aljpn91,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM