Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Rakuga Kids on the compatibility list under ini it links to a paste bin for the ini. What do I do to make this into the ini file for the VC to read? I clicked download to get a .txt of the paste bin it linked. Just open a blank ini with a hex editor and copy and paste or?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For Rakuga Kids on the compatibility list under ini it links to a paste bin for the ini. What do I do to make this into the ini file for the VC to read? I clicked download to get a .txt of the paste bin it linked. Just open a blank ini with a hex editor and copy and paste or?
Yeah, basically simply copy-paste the text into any text file, doesn't matter if it's .txt.
Then simply rename the file and change the extension to .ini, that's it.

FantasyJeans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed that using the latest vessel.rpx (F-Zero X) allowed Banjo Tooie to boot. The opening audio sequence was working fine, but the graphics looked like they were missing several layers. Also, pushing start/A didn't not proceed past the title screen. Anyone know of any ini file properties that might help it work?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just noticed that using the latest vessel.rpx (F-Zero X) allowed Banjo Tooie to boot. The opening audio sequence was working fine, but the graphics looked like they were missing several layers. Also, pushing start/A didn't not proceed past the title screen. Anyone know of any ini file properties that might help it work?
Oh Tooie boots now?
What INI did you use? The same one for F-Zero X?

I would recommend checking this out:
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_N64_inject_compatibility_list\Ini_Template

Maybe one of those might help you out.
I will give Resident Evil 2 a try too just to see if anything changed.

FantasyJeans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I double negatived myself... I meant that pressing start/A DID NOT get me past the title

And I used the same one I used for Banjo Kazooie (ini from the wiki). I goofed around with some of the properties from your link, but couldn't get any changes. I even removed all properties from the ini and the game still booted. The only thing the ini definitely needs are the same ClipBottom/Left/Right/Top values from the Kazooie ini.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I double negatived myself... I meant that pressing start/A DID NOT get me past the title

And I used the same one I used for Banjo Kazooie (ini from the wiki). I goofed around with some of the properties from your link, but couldn't get any changes. I even removed all properties from the ini and the game still booted. The only thing the ini definitely needs are the same ClipBottom/Left/Right/Top values from the Kazooie ini.
That makes me think the INI is not properly being pulled.
Check the ROM name and check the INI inside the /content/config/ folder, verify that they both are using the same name.

FantasyJeans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes me think the INI is not properly being pulled.
Check the ROM name and check the INI inside the /content/config/ folder, verify that they both are using the same name.

It was definitely getting pulled because the Clip(Left/Bottom/Right/Top) was being applied. Sorry if I was being unclear about that. All the other properties I tried seemed to have no effect. I didn't have a whole lot of time to play around so I maybe only tried 10 other properties. I just tried some that seemed like they would have a graphical effect.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It was definitely getting pulled because the Clip(Left/Bottom/Right/Top) was being applied. Sorry if I was being unclear about that. All the other properties I tried seemed to have no effect. I didn't have a whole lot of time to play around so I maybe only tried 10 other properties. I just tried some that seemed like they would have a graphical effect.
Ah I see.
Well then maybe there is some other setting which would do something but hasn't been tried yet. Perhaps that's the trick.
Hopefully you might get it to boot :)
Good luck!

Right now the FZero vessel should be the only rpx used for testing purposes, and I will try to continue my quest to hack the vessel.rpx by decrypting it and to allow 16:9 output and remove the dark filter (gamma correction). XD

Reactions: N7Kopper

FantasyJeans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see.
Well then maybe there is some other setting which would do something but hasn't been tried yet. Perhaps that's the trick.
Hopefully you might get it to boot :)
Good luck!

Right now the FZero vessel should be the only rpx used for testing purposes, and I will try to continue my quest to hack the vessel.rpx by decrypting it and to allow 16:9 output and remove the dark filter (gamma correction). XD

Yeah, when I have more time, I'll try all the other properties to see if they have any effect. It was such a tease to have the game boot on me, only to be broken!

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, basically simply copy-paste the text into any text file, doesn't matter if it's .txt.
Then simply rename the file and change the extension to .ini, that's it.
I tried that and the game never loads, just brings up a black screen. I'm using Super Mario 64 as the base. Is it too old?

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Ok, so instead of using the Ini file provided on the compatibility list I just left the ini file that comes with F-Zero X and it worked! Huh! Disregarded the below then.

Sorry for the double post but there hasn't been one since last time. So I tried Rakuga kids with F-Zero X as the base now and it still doesn't load. Just stays at a black screen. Does it have to be Mario Party 2 specifically and nothing else works? I made sure the rom name and ini file were the same name as the original F-Zero X.

Last edited by SlimPortable,

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i tried banjo tooie and diddy kong racing months ago, they boot but have graphic glitches

copy this in a ini file boots both

[RomOption]
;BackupType 0 Auto 1 SRAM 2 Flash 3 EEPROM
BackupType = 3
;BackupSize 2048 16K 4K 512
BackupSize = 512
TrueBoot = 0
UseTimer = 1

[RSPG]
Skip = 0

Last edited by moops44,

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i tried banjo tooie and diddy kong racing months ago, they boot but have graphic glitches

copy this in a ini file boots both

[RomOption]
;BackupType 0 Auto 1 SRAM 2 Flash 3 EEPROM
BackupType = 3
;BackupSize 2048 16K 4K 512
BackupSize = 512
TrueBoot = 0
UseTimer = 1

[RSPG]
Skip = 0

I tested Banjo Tooie and only the black screen
Injected into what virtual console?
What ROM of Banjo Tooie Used, USA or Euro, with protection patch or without?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tested Banjo Tooie and only the black screen
Injected into what virtual console?
What ROM of Banjo Tooie Used, USA or Euro, with protection patch or without?
I think he is using the F-Zero X vessel.rpx alongside that INI.
As for the ROM version, I'm not sure, try with EUR and USA.

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tks, F Zero X, Banjo Tooie Boot

I think he is using the F-Zero X vessel.rpx alongside that INI.
As for the ROM version, I'm not sure, try with EUR and USA.

IMG_0420.JPG

Last edited by AlanLC,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.