Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
for anyone testing GBA VC games please add them to the compat list on the first post.

Also Go to settings on VC menu and choose Smooth ON on some games is like night and day diference xD.

Reactions: VinsCool

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, I missed out the word "ROM". Is a normal ROM just there to extract, or is it more complicated than that?
itd way more complicated since alldata.bin file is encrypted so you need to decrypt it before dumping the rom from exe, but why would you even want the rom? the vc roms are normal gba roms you can find anywhere.

ajd4096

Trophies
XP
Country
itd way more complicated since alldata.bin file is encrypted so you need to decrypt it before dumping the rom from exe, but why would you even want the rom? the vc roms are normal gba roms you can find anywhere.

Some of the VC roms differ from the rom files floating around, ranging from an exact match through to "wildly different".

If you want to extract the VC rom, this will work if I know the key:
python inject_gba.py -a path/to/alldata.bin -e

I suspect some of the rom files you will find have been patched (eg by mode7) then unpatched, but are not a clean rip.
For example, I can't match the key for "Super Ghouls N Ghosts".

Edit: I got the key. Turns out I was over-thinking it. There were enough trailing 0s to piece it together.

Last edited by ajd4096,
Reactions: Hiccup

Fjar

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Guys, noob question:

what i have to do if i want to inject a vc game? i want to inject my SNES file in my vc game loading from loadiine so idk is that is possible

pd: sorry for my terrible english

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys, noob question:

what i have to do if i want to inject a vc game? i want to inject my SNES file in my vc game loading from loadiine so idk is that is possible

pd: sorry for my terrible english
Snes and nes injecting is kinda hard you need a wiiu SDK, and hyken rpl2elf app its not as easy as injecting n64/ds/gba.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For NES and SNES (and meybe something more) just wait a little more, i think something is arriving ;)

About the roms "in the wild" I suggest you to refer to GoodTools good roms (the ones in which the file name is ending with [!] = "The ROM is an exact copy of the original game; it has not had any hacks or modifications.")

Reactions: Fjar

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i was injecting some DS roms into my Mario Kart DS loadiine dump and i know it says in the op that you cant inject roms larger than the game your injecting in but i have been injecting larger size roms into my Mario Kart DS dump and loadiine plays them perfectly. The Mario Kart DS rom is 32mb and the Zelda Spirit tracks rom is 128mb and Spirit Tracks works injected into mario kart. I have never heard that about loadiine so thats pretty cool.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i was injecting some DS roms into my Mario Kart DS loadiine dump and i know it says in the op that you cant inject roms larger than the game your injecting in but i have been injecting larger size roms into my Mario Kart DS dump and loadiine plays them perfectly. The Mario Kart DS rom is 32mb and the Zelda Spirit tracks rom is 128mb and Spirit Tracks works injected into mario kart. I have never heard that about loadiine so thats pretty cool.
That refers to injecting with cafiine, gecko, or the other utility and is generally correct. You're replacing the rom entirely because you have the files on the SD Card, N64 is the same way. Technically I wouldn't call it injection since we're just replacing the rom file on these vcs, tho it is in a zip on ds unless you have the old original release of brain age I think.

Either way, GBA games are held in an encrypted file and need injected and are limited to same rom size, at least last I checked. NES and SNES are inside the RPX file and also face the same limitation. I think you get what I'm saying, shouldn't need to explain more. I'm tired, sorry if I messed anything up but that's the gist of it.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if your replacing the rom file both n64 and nds can use bigger roms that was when only ram injection was available.

So far

NES/SNES/GBA cant inject bigger roms than the base file.

While n64 and nds can with loadiine.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tested tetris DS or kirby superstar ultra? And on N64, any of the starwars games? (shadows, podracer, etc) Also why does only the jap version of goldeneye run and not the usa version... seems like there would be a way to fix that. Thanks in advance for any info!

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tested tetris DS or kirby superstar ultra? And on N64, any of the starwars games? (shadows, podracer, etc) Also why does only the jap version of goldeneye run and not the usa version... seems like there would be a way to fix that. Thanks in advance for any info!

Anyone? I was also wondering about legend of kage 2 on nds. I'm kinda surprised nobody has tested tetris or superstar

Last edited by seam,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended