Homebrew WiiU Homebrew Development

dkbest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello all,
I want know if exit a player for wii u for watch movie in FHD resolution with mkv format.
Thanks a lot.

cfoordddd

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys i finally decided to block the updates on my router since i don't wanna deal with openDNS or CCProxy.
I've got a netgear router and this is what i've done:
upload_2015-10-11_2-2-26.png

Is that right? cause my wii u keeps starting to download system update and it goes error if i view the error it shows me "Server is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later."
not too sure if the block is working cause of that and getting paranoid it might update in the future.
Im on fm 5.3.2 spoof to 5.5 btw if that helps.

Last edited by cfoordddd,
Reactions: Deleted-355425
D

Deleted-355425

hey guys i finally decided to block the updates on my router since i don't wanna deal with openDNS or CCProxy.
I've got a netgear router and this is what i've done:
View attachment 26692
Is that right? cause my wii u starts to download system update and it goes error and shows me "server is under going maintenance try again later."
not too sure if the block is working cause of that and getting paranoid it might update in the future.

there has been a big ass exploit found in netgear routers, id make sure you update its firmware and keep it up to date for a bit.

Reactions: cfoordddd

SuperNintendo64

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I dont know a right place to ask this but....

Its possible /will it ever happen / how far are we from a WiiU homebrew channel?

So we can get emulators and media players?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I dont know a right place to ask this but....

Its possible /will it ever happen / how far are we from a WiiU homebrew channel?

So we can get emulators and media players?
as off right now no one made anything but technicaly speaking any dev could have made any of those things the day the exploit was first released months ago the reason no one made anything is becuase there is not much interest.

SuperNintendo64

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
as off right now no one made anything but technicaly speaking any dev could have made any of those things the day the exploit was first released months ago the reason no one made anything is becuase there is not much interest.

Thats too bad...

Its strange... people used to be so fast to port Snes emulators into everything....

The wiiu could be a great hub for emulators (and get better results from ps1 and DC emulators!)

But just to be clear: so they dont exactly need a "homebrew channel" to start porting emulators?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also not that easy right now, once a homebrew SDK is completed and IOSU is public a lot more people will most likely take interest

D

Deleted User

Thats too bad...

Its strange... people used to be so fast to port Snes emulators into everything....

The wiiu could be a great hub for emulators (and get better results from ps1 and DC emulators!)

But just to be clear: so they dont exactly need a "homebrew channel" to start porting emulators?

Maybe that's because copying a whole image into the framebuffer (pixel by pixel) would be just too slow ? I didn't looked so much in the sdk yet but I've seen that in GX2 rpl (http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Gx2.rpl) it miss a lot of function related to accelerated rendering (create texture, shaders, vertice buffers). Maybe it's located elsewhere or it's just not yet documented?

Without this most of us can't do much. Maybe a 2d tron clone or realy simple things. I bother if we can compile c++ code with the sdk. Someone tried? I would go to irc for thoses question maybe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.