WiiU Gamepad are region locked !

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by syrusch, Dec 26, 2012.

1. syrusch
    OP

syrusch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2010
    Swaziland
    Lausanne
  2. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    wow, that is absolutely madness, WTH nintendo? so no one will be able to import from japan if a gamepad breaks.

3. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    I heard from somewhere else that using an out-of-region Gamepad will not work for updating the system firmware (since it is likely that it updates the Gamepad as well), but would work for everything else.

4. Kamal

Kamal Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2012
    Quick question guys are the pro controllers region locked want to ship from japan

5. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    it make sense having the gamepad region locked since pretty much can be considered as a system itself with diferent firmware so yeah i dont understand why people bitch about the region lock in the gamepad

6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    and peeps are surprised in this? pretty much picked it from the start that everything was gonna be locked.

7. momocop

momocop Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2010
    United States
    Now we cant throw our gamepads at the wall anymore. They should focus on fixing loading times instead. I would also like to know if the pro controllers are region locked also.

8. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
  9. JamesBurt

JamesBurt Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2012
    ^ Nope. When you sync an out of region gamepad controller to the wii u it asks you to do a GamePad Update and then fails because you can't do an update with an out of region GamePad.

Verified with my USA and AUS WiiU's