Hacking [WiiU]External Hard Drive Discovery

greenlanternx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Maybe my discovery is already known information, but...
I have a 1TB HDD, I extract from my laptop because some problems with the partition table, I bought a new one, and rescue my data from the old one, scan the disc with HDD Regenerator, and think in use this disc in my wiiu, I download the data packages for xenoblade (less than 20GB), but the install fails... I re-scan the first 50 GB and found no error (the complete 1TB takes more than 5 days) I tried format to redownload the packages and... Wiiu froze every time

Conclusion:
-a Wii U formated HDD save the data from the end (and maybe backwards, so no one finds files on those disks)
I hope this information turn out to be useful

have a nice day

D

Deleted User

Are you saying that you downloaded Xenoblade Chronicles X from the Nintendo eShop, had the Wii U store it on your HDD, and were then greeted to a failed install? And what do you mean by "scan the first 5GB?" Do you mean checking the filesystem? (Nintendo's proprietary filesystem that nobody has been able to successfully crack yet?)

How can data be kept on a Wii U drive, be formatted and then still be accessible by a Wii U? Through hardcore recovery tools, maybe, but I doubt the Wii U can do that.

If that's what actually happened, I would be pretty darn impressed. Would the Wii U then be able to re-install NES Remix without re-downloading it?

greenlanternx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
no, I download the data packages for the Physical Version
HDDRegenerator scan any HDD regardless the type of partition (and without format, so I scan the first 50 GB of the wii U formated HDD), but exist some physical damage in the disk near the end, and the wiiU couldn't reformat the drive (freezing at every try, maybe because it try to secure delete the data before format)
the process itself seems be like this:

if (disk.partition_type!=wiiu){
format();
}
else{
if (data!=empty){
secure_delete();//here the wiiU fails when the disk have damage near the end (wiiU will not let me delete it, fails and suggests format)
}
format();
}

as I said before, my guess is the wiiU store all data from the end and not from the start

Last edited by greenlanternx,
Reactions: Deleted User

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
The wii u hd storage is zero padded at the beginning of the drive and also zeroed between all data as data is stored in chunks. It's ssl aes encrypted and is of an obscured dos format, the sha reports itself in an odd manner.
I can share all the commands used within its file system if you like but can't see any need to at this point in time.

greenlanternx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The wii u hd storage is zero padded at the beginning of the drive and also zeroed between all data as data is stored in chunks. It's ssl aes encrypted and is of an obscured dos format, the sha reports itself in an odd manner.
I can share all the commands used within its file system if you like but can't see any need to at this point in time.
thanks, but I don't need it (at least not yet)
there are 2 facts:
1. My disk have physical damage near the end (I checked the start of the disk, 50 GB, and find no damage)
2. If is in wiiu format and have data wiiU try to delete this before format

this have no solution (in wiiU) so I will use the disk for something else , this thread was only to share the info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1