Gaming WiiU, E3 Day 1.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought I would post these links seen as though know one has mentioned anything about today's E3 for Nintendo!. Yes Starfox is coming also 2 New Zelda games revealed for this year, Yoshi's Woolly World just looks to die for and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker looks like our answer to Super Mario Galaxy but with Toad as the star, cannot go wrong!, it looks just amazing!!!. Check out all the demos on the links below, all games are there:-

http://e3.nintendo.com/videos/#/GisRY6h100U

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/e3-2014-live-updates-nintendo-3666914

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/10/e3-2014-nintendo-open-world-zelda-star-fox-yoshis-woolly-world

Edit: Sorry I had just smoked too much yesterday and got carried away, talking about that sort of childish nonsense is silly, sorry man in the fault! Enjoy the Nintendo links anyway.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
New Star Fox, Zelda and Yoshi for Wii U? I'm going to be pre-ordering all three definitely!

Except Zelda: Dynasty Warriors. Fuck that Dynasty Warriors unless it gets sold for £20 or less.

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after watching the hands on with Xenoblade Chronicles X I am 200% more moist than I already was. Customizable main character, mechs and the visual quality the last game shouldve had.

Imparasite

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As for me i love nintendo presentation and the upcoming games, but the thing is i hate Nintendo leeching on using dildo toys i mean amiibo lol my hyped on smash is gone now maybe i will wait for cheaper smash bros games for wii u after they released all the contents.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Pros:
- Mario maker is going to be awesome. They must enable sharing maps and if you can play the custom maps 4 player then that game is SOLD
- Mii characters on smash brothers is a great addition, i like they way they have implemented the 3 style system too.
- Splatoon actually looked quite fun altho maybe not for full price. Depending on price that could be worth buying
- New star fox game!
- New zelda game!
- More Xenoblade info!

Cons:
- New zelda game has skyward sword art style (I hate that art style)
- Hyrule warriors is going to be awful, If you like that type of game (i do) then Warriors orochi 3 is on the wii-u already and is cheap
- Another yoshi's island style game with a quirky art-style. Looks better than yoshi's new island at least.
- Xenoblade X not coming this year

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
What makes you say that?

I think of myself as a regular player of those type of games, i have owned 4 of the Dynasty warriors series, i own Samurai warriors and all 3 Warriors orochi and all of them have excellent gameplay, lots of maps, large roster of characters, hilarious voice acting, unlockable weapons and 4 difficulty settings. Warriors orochi in paticular has like 120+ characters which really does help eliminate the repetativeness of the game.

Now Hyrule warriors has confirmed what looks like 4 characters and the generous belief that "any character from the games you would love to play as, is playable" now even if that was true. How many is that really going to be? 20? at most? Combine that with the graphics that are looking laughable cartoony + the fact there will be no voice acting and only zelda based music (which is great for an adventure game but will grind playing a game like this) and you're looking at a game that will get old. Fast.

Even if they added boss-specific enemies with nostalgic ways of beating them, that will only be cool the first 2-3 times. Ever tried fighting dodongo in ocarina of time 3 times in a row? It will get anoying very quickly. Just like the game imo.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dear Nintendo,

I really love the idea of this:
screenshot_64644_thumb_wide610.jpg

But could you please do it with this guy:
SMG2_Screenshot_Mandibug.jpg

I would buy seven copies.

Reactions: kingsora831

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So is this true or hear say? Is Nintendo all the rave at the E3 this year?

Based on what media outlets like The Verge, Ars Technica and the likes are putting out at the moment, I'd say no. Of course Nintendo was the only major player with a show today, so that could affect it.. But alas, the day is still young.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dear Nintendo,

I really love the idea of this:
[Epic screenshot of new Zelda game]

But could you please do it with this guy:
[pic of Mario Galaxy[

I would buy seven copies.
To be fair, a true open world Mario game wouldn't really work. Mario is mostly a platformer, and if you can go to "world 8" immediately, it would be way to difficult. In my opinion Mario platformers are the best when played in a set of world, each with their own 'gimmicks'.

Is there anyone from GBAtemp at E3 as a 'reporter'? Wonder if the demo's or anything like that will be 'reviewed'.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To be fair, a true open world Mario game wouldn't really work. Mario is mostly a platformer, and if you can go to "world 8" immediately, it would be way to difficult. In my opinion Mario platformers are the best when played in a set of world, each with their own 'gimmicks'.

Is there anyone from GBAtemp at E3 as a 'reporter'? Wonder if the demo's or anything like that will be 'reviewed'.

That's not to say that it can't work.
Certain areas could be set as off limits until you collect enough Power Stars, or perhaps carry a key to a door. I can totally picture Mario working in an open world.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt