Hacking Wiithon 1.0 - IMHO Best WBFS Manager for Linux

sisyphus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know the best place to get support with this? I don't have windows and want to know if I can just use this software on ubuntu for all my wii needs? I still haven't got red steel 2 working and I believe it's a problem with sending the iso over to the usb hdd (i've seen one other person complaining about a reading disc problem on their mac, which is solved using windows. Are there any happy ubuntu wiithon users out there (or have you all moved on to something better?).

Update.

So I installed XP in virtualbox and transferred the same iso using wbfs manager 3.0. Worked first time.

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

The program is great. But I only use NTFS drive to store wbfs files. Is it possible to add native support for NTFS drive ?
Like Wii Backup Manager in Windows, I just have to add the wii iso then I choose the destionation folder, it automatically creates a sub folder in wbfs folder in the NTFS drive and converts iso to wbfs and then stores in that folder.

lvleph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if you changed the way in which we add the ppa. The new way to add ppa is as follows
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wiithon/ppa
or something like that. However, the way you have it setup I cannot figure out the proper address to use. Thus I have to do it the old fashion way, but then I can't add the key properly. It would be nice if this was updated.

HostileJava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sisyphus said:
Anyone know the best place to get support with this? I don't have windows and want to know if I can just use this software on ubuntu for all my wii needs? I still haven't got red steel 2 working and I believe it's a problem with sending the iso over to the usb hdd (i've seen one other person complaining about a reading disc problem on their mac, which is solved using windows. Are there any happy ubuntu wiithon users out there (or have you all moved on to something better?).

Update.

So I installed XP in virtualbox and transferred the same iso using wbfs manager 3.0. Worked first time.

I found it is ALOT slower using a virtual machine to transfer them.

This is the line I used to add the wiithon repository:
Code:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/wii.sceners.linux/wiithon-1.1/ubuntu lucid main #Wiithon

I use this script to add all my security keys:
CODE#! /bin/sh
if [ "`whoami`" != "root" ];
then
echo "Please run with SUDO"
exit 1
fi
RELEASE=`cat /etc/lsb-release | grep DISTRIB_CODENAME | cut -d"=" -f2`
echo Release: $RELEASE
echo Please Wait...
for q in `find /etc/apt/ -name *.list`; do
cat $q >> fullsourceslist
done
for i in `cat fullsourceslist | grep "deb http" | grep ppa.launchpad | grep $RELEASE | cut -d/ -f4`; do
ÂÂÂÂwget -q --no-check-certificate `wget -q --no-check-certificate https://launchpad.net/~$i/+archive -O- | grep "http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:11371/pks/" | cut -d'"' -f2 ` -O- | grep "pubÂÂ" | cut -d'"' -f2 >> keyss
done
for j in `cat keyss`; do
ÂÂÂÂwget -q --no-check-certificate "http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:11371$j" -O- | grep -B 999999 END |grep -A 999999 BEGIN > keyss2
ÂÂÂÂsudo apt-key add keyss2
ÂÂÂÂrm keyss2
done
rm keyss
rm fullsourceslist

jens75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to install on Debian I get the following errors:
The following packages have unmet dependencies.
wiithon: Depends: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.16) but 2.12.12-1~lenny2 is to be installed
Depends: python-gtk2 (>= 2.16) but 2.12.1-6 is to be installed
Depends: python-glade2 (>= 2.16) but 2.12.1-6 is to be installed

I have seen a similar question but no one answered it. I would prefer not do downgrade these packages since it could
break other applications. Any ideas of how to fix this problem?

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can it be uninstalled?
I ask this because I can´t upgrade my wiitdb files and want to reinstall the program...

makiolo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From source:

sudo make uninstall

From apt:

sudo apt-get --purge remove wiithon
sudo apt-get remove wiithon (without ourge, dont delete covers)

About wiitdb problem. now i am very busy (university) until 9 december. When i have time then i will analyze the problem. More probably its wiitdb has been changed the scheme of xml.

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, I think thats the problem, too, the scheme must have been changed.

I love to use it, but since it "blows" when I try to update that file, I was considering for alternatives...

I will wait for a while with it, thank you
wink.gif

kwanbis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About wiitdb problem. now i am very busy (university) until 9 december. When i have time then i will analyze the problem. More probably its wiitdb has been changed the scheme of xml.
I know it's been 6 years since this post, but, do you ever plan to update it to the latest versions of linux? There are not many options for us.

Thanks.

Last edited by kwanbis,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's been 6 years since this post, but, do you ever plan to update it to the latest versions of linux? There are not many options for us.

Thanks.

Get the source from launchpad and recompile it. You could also use Wiimm's ISO Tools instead. It's still being maintained.

WBFS as a partition type is really not very stable and isn't recommended anymore.

kwanbis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the source from launchpad and recompile it. You could also use Wiimm's ISO Tools instead. It's still being maintained.

WBFS as a partition type is really not very stable and isn't recommended anymore.
Thanks, I would tryy Wiimm's ISO tools.

I'm mostly interested in the conversion from ISO to wbfs and correct naming, than on the wbfs partition format, in fact I use NTFS.

I'm actually using Wii Backup Manager under Wine, but it hangs after all conversions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night