Hacking Wiisx Help!

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
im not sure if its just me but i could never get it to save the controller config. when i try it does say it is saved. but when i quit wiisx and return it wont load the config file!! i have tried it loads but never had any luck.

Genetik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use the wiimote as well btw but you need to go into the settings and map the nunchuck "everytime" you start a game :/
you know there are mapping save/restore/autoload function in WiiSX?

There's a mod by Daxtsu which adds PS3 and WiiU pro controller too.
I will add links to the wiki, so it's easier to find.

thanks I have the wii u plus controller the black one with the motion plus built into it and when ever I start up wiisx it boots up fine but shuts of the controller completely where nothing on it works and I cant use it until i shut the console off and restart it. how can I fix that?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wiiU plus? you mean the wiimote right?
not the WiiU pro classic controller?

Wiimote+ are maybe not compatible with Wiisx, because it needs to be recompiled with newer libogc. but like I said there's a new modded/recompiled version so it should work.
WiiSX v2.1 mod06

try this one, it has new libraries and is also working with Wii U Pro controller.

Genetik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo-wii-u-remote-plus-nero-wiiu-944693_jpg_800x0_upscale_q85.jpg
i
ts this controller I have.... ok I will try that one now I noticed it has a wiisx.dol file in my wiisx folder i the apps folder it just has a boot.dol file and the icon image and meta file do I replace the boot.dol with the wiisx.dol? or have both in the same folder? and does the src folder go on the root of my card?

Genetik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, rename the dol to boot.dol
you don't need any other files. the sources folder is for developers.

you need 3 files:
boot.dol
icon.png
meta.xml
yea thanks i was about to edit my post and say nvm i figured it out lol and it did work the controller didnt turn off but as soon as i went to settings and selected to boot from my bios it started the ps1 logo and then it just froze on a black screen with a bunch of numbers and code dump and i had to unplug my console from the power to turn it off what does that mean? sorry for all the questions. im a noob with the wii im used to modding my xbox

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it means the program crashed.
on WiiU there's no way to force a shutdown by keeping the power button pressed, so you need to unplug :(
But often, the code dump has a 20second delays before auto-return to the loader (HBC).

you can try to boot the game with HLE instead of bios. (it's an emulated bios)
or choose boot game instead of boot bios. (sorry I don't remember the interface very well)

try different games, maybe the one you tried makes Wiisx crash. Some games have compatibility issues. you can look on the compatibility list:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiSX_compatibility_list_(beta_2)

Genetik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it means the program crashed.
on WiiU there's no way to force a shutdown by keeping the power button pressed, so you need to unplug :(
But often, the code dump has a 20second delays before auto-return to the loader (HBC).

you can try to boot the game with HLE instead of bios. (it's an emulated bios)
or choose boot game instead of boot bios. (sorry I don't remember the interface very well)

try different games, maybe the one you tried makes Wiisx crash. Some games have compatibility issues. you can look on the compatibility list:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiSX_compatibility_list_(beta_2)
yea i dont know whats wrong it either freezes or it boots up then goes to that crash screen and I tried loading a few games which the lists says is compatible

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: Genetik

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
note that WiiSX loads only one specific bios filename.

If you want to use a different one (PAL bios for example), rename SCPH1002 to SCPH1001.BIN

I don't think multi-BIOS has been added to wiisx. I don't know why it's specified in the wiki. Maybe I just forgot that it's compatible.

Reactions: Genetik

Genetik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
note that WiiSX loads only one specific bios filename.

If you want to use a different one (PAL bios for example), rename SCPH1002 to SCPH1001.BIN

I don't think multi-BIOS has been added to wiisx. I don't know why it's specified in the wiki. Maybe I just forgot that it's compatible.

Ok I Figured It Out! So it ended up just being the game like you said in the first place only it wasnt the game exactly it was the format it was i which was bin.ecm and on the wiisx compatibility page it says if its in that format I have to use unecm tool but instead I just dowloaded the same game with just the bin format and it worked. thanks to everyone who tried to help and I hope this will help someone else.

Reactions: joemacc23

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1