Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

^SIMO^

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Please, I need help in the reconnection of the Wii U Pro controller.
I have installed the Toshiba Stack and downloaded the archive of the new Wiinupro (installed the scp driver, and xbox driver), and all works fine.
After a reboot of the pc, i've opened the Bluetooth toshiba software and clicked on the icon " Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-UC " to connect, a windows inform me: "Prepare to connect the remote HID device, then click ok", i pressed Ok and immediatly pressed the Sync red button of the PRO controller. Unfortunatly i recive an error window that inform me that was not found any device.

Why at each reboot my controller can not be found ? I 've read about this problem, there is any solution over the reinstallation of the software ?

Please help me with this problem. :sad:

D

Deleted User

Please, I need help in the reconnection of the Wii U Pro controller.
I have installed the Toshiba Stack and downloaded the archive of the new Wiinupro (installed the scp driver, and xbox driver), and all works fine.
After a reboot of the pc, i've opened the Bluetooth toshiba software and clicked on the icon " Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-UC " to connect, a windows inform me: "Prepare to connect the remote HID device, then click ok", i pressed Ok and immediatly pressed the Sync red button of the PRO controller. Unfortunatly i recive an error window that inform me that was not found any device.

Why at each reboot my controller can not be found ? I 've read about this problem, there is any solution over the reinstallation of the software ?

Please help me with this problem. :sad:

Don't press the Sync button anymore, just press A or B or X or Y.

Reactions: ^SIMO^

^SIMO^

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't press the Sync button anymore, just press A or B or X or Y.
Thanks for the advice, but no, it is happened again :(
Today I turned on the PC, launched the toshiba program but even if I did not press the sync button, does not connect.
Yesterday, next a reinstallation of the program, it worked immediately pressing the ABXY buttons, but now after a reboot does not work.
Why?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice, but no, it is happened again :(
Today I turned on the PC, launched the toshiba program but even if I did not press the sync button, does not connect.
Yesterday, next a reinstallation of the program, it worked immediately pressing the ABXY buttons, but now after a reboot does not work.
Why?

I have heard of this before but no clue or guesses as to what is causing it.

^SIMO^

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have heard of this before but no clue or guesses as to what is causing it.

Thanks KeyPuncher for the answer. Maybe it is a problem only for notebook's possessors ? Because of the inner bluetooth module, imho.

Is, then, the only solution to buy: "Mayflash Wireless WiiU>PC adapter" ?
Or do you think that buying a new bluetooth adapter (extern) can be a solution, stated that to you it works.

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks KeyPuncher for the answer. Maybe it is a problem only for notebook's possessors ? Because of the inner bluetooth module, imho.

Is, then, the only solution to buy: "Mayflash Wireless WiiU>PC adapter" ?
Or do you think that buying a new bluetooth adapter (extern) can be a solution, stated that to you it works.

I would definitely not recommend using internal bluetooth for this; dongles are cheap and work much better.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to let everyone know that I released WiinUSoft 1.1 which has the following in it:

- Fixed range of analog inputs
- Improved accuracy of analog inputs
- Improved Force Feedback
- Rumble intensity can be adjusted or disabled
- Wiimotes can now rumble
- Fixed crash with using auto connect

For issues with vJoy and no input coming through in WiinUPro, you either need to install vJoy 2.0.4 or get the vJoy 2.0.5 dll from the vJoy website and replace the one in the WiinUPro folder with the same name.

Reactions: Walker D

MrCobblestone23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can't seem to find a download link to the updated version of Wiinusoft 1.1 on your download page. Did you took it down or am I just getting page display errors on my end? I would use the older version but my left analog stick doesn't stay on its neutral position and always moves slightly to the right... So I was hoping if you fixed that on the newer version, but since I can't download it...

Attachments

• 05-03-_2015_18-27-31.jpg
    05-03-_2015_18-27-31.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 280

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find a download link to the updated version of Wiinusoft 1.1 on your download page. Did you took it down or am I just getting page display errors on my end? I would use the older version but my left analog stick doesn't stay on its neutral position and always moves slightly to the right... So I was hoping if you fixed that on the newer version, but since I can't download it...

Should be the third item from the top. I'm seeing it in all my browsers.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

WiinUSoft 1.1.zip Mar 2, 2015, 8:37 PM
WiinUSoft.zip Mar 2, 2015, 8:38 PM
The download page is not flashy. But its there.

MrCobblestone23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, I was able to download the updated version of Wiinusoft 1.1 (finally) and my problem is still present. However, my left analog stick doesn't move as much to the right as before - but it still does. :nayps3:
My guess is that my Pro Controller's left analog stick got damaged somehow which sucks since my controller isn't really that old and I haven't played with it that much... If anyone has a different idea what to do or any tips - it would be greatly appreciated! :lol:

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was able to download the updated version of Wiinusoft 1.1 (finally) and my problem is still present. However, my left analog stick doesn't move as much to the right as before - but it still does. :nayps3:
My guess is that my Pro Controller's left analog stick got damaged somehow which sucks since my controller isn't really that old and I haven't played with it that much... If anyone has a different idea what to do or any tips - it would be greatly appreciated! :lol:

Does it still move slightly when connected to a Wii U? If that's the case, it isn't damaged

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have minor analogue problems as well--although it's better than it was in the last release, my stick moves to the right more than the left (like, it starts moving to the right with less "pushing" than it takes to move it to the left). Not a persistent issue, but I thought you'd like to know, maybe for the next release.

MrCobblestone23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I actually have minor analogue problems as well--although it's better than it was in the last release, my stick moves to the right more than the left (like, it starts moving to the right with less "pushing" than it takes to move it to the left). Not a persistent issue, but I thought you'd like to know, maybe for the next release.
That is exactly my problem. But mine even moves a bit to the right when I'm not even touching anything. When I apply a bit of pressure to to the right and left, it does move to the right more than the left.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is exactly my problem. But mine even moves a bit to the right when I'm not even touching anything. When I apply a bit of pressure to to the right and left, it does move to the right more than the left.

Each controller as it's own center for joystick movement and your X-axis center seems to be high enough such that the program thinks you might be giving input.

For example, say each axis has a range of 0 to 100. 0 = left, 100 = right, and 50 is dead smack in the middle. Now this could be the ideal range and I use the ideal values as a reference (at least what I think is ideal based on the my own controllers).
But say a typical controller is more like 0, 54, 102. to compensate I add a deadzone of plus or minus 10 that way the no input value of 54 doesn't register as pressing to the right.
Your controller might look like 2, 63, 108. With the center being just outside of the deadzone range.

These aren't the actual ranges but no your controller isn't broken, it just has a center that leans even more to the right that the deadzone does not compensate for that, though the default deadzone and min/max ranges are quite modest, it appears there is a need for the option to adjust this. WiinUPro currently has a calibration feature and that will carry over into its next iteration. I might integrate either calibration or a simple pick a deadzone setting (low, medium, high) to accommodate.

The bad thing about just setting the deadzone higher for everyone would be that it lessens the active range of the joystick. The only workaround that I can think of that MIGHT work would be to hold very slightly left on your joystick when you connect the controller via BlueTooth.

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the calibration idea is pretty good if you can find a way to implement it. But also holding slightly left while connecting is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that.

MrCobblestone23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Each controller as it's own center for joystick movement and your X-axis center seems to be high enough such that the program thinks you might be giving input.

For example, say each axis has a range of 0 to 100. 0 = left, 100 = right, and 50 is dead smack in the middle. Now this could be the ideal range and I use the ideal values as a reference (at least what I think is ideal based on the my own controllers).
But say a typical controller is more like 0, 54, 102. to compensate I add a deadzone of plus or minus 10 that way the no input value of 54 doesn't register as pressing to the right.
Your controller might look like 2, 63, 108. With the center being just outside of the deadzone range.

These aren't the actual ranges but no your controller isn't broken, it just has a center that leans even more to the right that the deadzone does not compensate for that, though the default deadzone and min/max ranges are quite modest, it appears there is a need for the option to adjust this. WiinUPro currently has a calibration feature and that will carry over into its next iteration. I might integrate either calibration or a simple pick a deadzone setting (low, medium, high) to accommodate.

The bad thing about just setting the deadzone higher for everyone would be that it lessens the active range of the joystick. The only workaround that I can think of that MIGHT work would be to hold very slightly left on your joystick when you connect the controller via BlueTooth.
Thanks for clarifying why I have that particular issue :lol:
I would appreciate a calibration feature in a future update of WiinUSoft :)
But for now I will try the "hold very slightly left on my joystick while connecting" idea and see if that works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...