Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

r0b0tr0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you so much KeyPuncher! It works with anything I've tested, MUGEN, emulators, flash games, you name it. And all the accessories work with it including the TvsC fightstick. I don't use a credit card but will get your Wii U games as soon as they are available. Thanks again!

Does anyone can recommend me a working Bluetooth Adapter? I bought one but it´s fail and do not recognize properly

I'm using a trendmicro: trendnet.com/products/proddetail.asp?prod=170_TBW-106UB it's not expensive and it works out of the box with the toshiba stack.

madaoxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Windows 8.1 problems

WiinUSoft recognize pro controller well but windows is not

problem.png

problem2.png

Tryed to set drivers as Xbox 360 reciver and controller and it didnt helped, any ideas?
Is vJoy have to be installed?
Help please - д -

Finaly got it worked!
When toshiba br stack is installed and connected to controller go to WiinUSoft\SCP_Driver and run "ScpDriver.exe" as on vid, install xbox360 drivers then restart

next step is

right click on Computer chose manage then device manager and find this problem.png
right click Unknown device and update driver "on this computer" here is folder WiinUSoft\SCP_Driver\Win64 then follow istructions and restart. done
now in devices and printers you have x360 icon and its works correctly.

Thank you Justin Keys you are the best!

Reactions: KeyPuncher

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I still need to have vJoy drivers installed to use WiinUSoft? Because it conflicts with some other drivers, and I have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling. It would be convenient if I could just uninstall it completely.

EDIT: Just found out for myself--you can uninstall vJoy. My new question/request is: Can you PLEASE add a way to disable rumble? I absolutely hate controller rumble and not all games have a setting for it.

Yeah, vJoy is not used. I will put in an option to disable rumble.

The program isn't working for me, it crashes immediately on startup :(
note: I'm on windows xp
I have not tested on XP. I think it's because I'm using a version of .NET that is not supported on XP.

classic controller pro not even detected in wiinusoft :( , at least it was detected in earlier versions
Are you using the Toshiba Stack for that?

Is there a list of bluetooth dongles that work with this somewhere? I looked at the webpage and found nothing. It would be a good idea to add such a compatability list there. If I can't get a specific model, how about what version of bluetooth is needed.

Check this page and search for Toshiba Stack http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_Working_Bluetooth_Devices

Juicy Frog

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been fidlering around and the reason why dark souls game dont work, and perhaps other games i do not know, is that the game only wants to receive the inputs from the first controller that was plugged in, in the computer. Unless there is a option to "hide" the wii u pro controller bluetooth driver i think the interpreter for the xbox driver should tell it to start before you plug in the controller.
I believe you could add a option to the program to start the xbox driver as soon as it starts before pluging in the controller just for this kind of games.
Vjoy works like this, as its drivers are always active as soon as the pc starts.

Edit: Aparently you could actually "hide" the legacy driver.
A guy who made a similar tool for the ps4 (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper) did this, and he explains how it works like this:
"This mode attempts to grab fully exclusive read/write rights to DS4 (Wireless Controller). So no other app will be able to read from it. This makes it disappear from the list of controllers."
It has some bugs with certain games and programs like Uplay or Teamspeak, but those should work as the current version of wiinusoft.

Is it possible to do the same for the Wii U Pro Controller, I've just reinstalled windows without my Nostromo because I thought that it was causing the issue, but then realized that Dark Souls has been trying to use the bluetooth HID game controller, however upon disabling it. WiinUSoft stops working and the controller along with it (obviously)

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, vJoy is not used. I will put in an option to disable rumble.

I have not tested on XP. I think it's because I'm using a version of .NET that is not supported on XP.

Are you using the Toshiba Stack for that?

Check this page and search for Toshiba Stack http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_Working_Bluetooth_Devices

Ah alrighty. I'm not really sure if I'm doing something wrong on my end either, I can PM you the little crash report windows gave me if you want.

D

Deleted User

Will WiinUSoft be able to convert WiiU Pro Controller Button as a keyboard input like WiinUpro did ?
Some games or emulator doesn't recognize POV button (WinKawaks for example)

Lionellmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
cant thank you enough man , installed toshiba stack and it started working perfectly . its just a clone classic controller pro and its working perfectly :)

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much KeyPuncher! It works with anything I've tested, MUGEN, emulators, flash games, you name it. And all the accessories work with it including the TvsC fightstick. I don't use a credit card but will get your Wii U games as soon as they are available. Thanks again!

I'm using a trendmicro: trendnet.com/products/proddetail.asp?prod=170_TBW-106UB it's not expensive and it works out of the box with the toshiba stack.

Nice! I wonder if the Tekken Tag 2 stick works, I have one I just can't run wiinusoft on xp for some reason.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will WiinUSoft be able to convert WiiU Pro Controller Button as a keyboard input like WiinUpro did ?
There is software to do that. I think it's called key joy or something like that. It lets you map all of the keyboard keys to the controller so it can be used in place of Kb and mouse.

otetas69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to do the same for the Wii U Pro Controller, I've just reinstalled windows without my Nostromo because I thought that it was causing the issue, but then realized that Dark Souls has been trying to use the bluetooth HID game controller, however upon disabling it. WiinUSoft stops working and the controller along with it (obviously)

Thats why the guy didnt properly "hide" it. He just gain exclusive permission to that specific controller so no one would use it.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, that will be reserved for WiinUPro. WiinUPro will be upgraded later on to include XInput.

Ah alrighty. I'm not really sure if I'm doing something wrong on my end either, I can PM you the little crash report windows gave me if you want.

Yeah, you can send me the crash report.

Warrior_Elite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KeyPuncher,

So far, WiinUSoft is working great since the beta. However, I've noticed (comparing to the results in your video from your website) that when I connect my Wii U Pro Controller to any of the XBox controllers, it works fine, but, the controller isn't moved to the list of XBox controllers. It stays on the Available Devices. It's still connected as an XBox controller, and it works just fine, it's just not showing the controller on the proper list. I'm on Win 8.1. Any ideas?

D

Deleted User

There is software to do that. I think it's called key joy or something like that. It lets you map all of the keyboard keys to the controller so it can be used in place of Kb and mouse.

Joy2Key, yea I think it should work.

Thanks, I was using Joy2Key method (XPADDER) with my XBOX 360 Controller but I don't want to use another software, WiinUpro can do that very well, I'll be waiting for another version.

No, that will be reserved for WiinUPro. WiinUPro will be upgraded later on to include XInput.

Thanks.

papishxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
problems with calibration
recently i have started following your tutorial on youtube to hook my wii u pro controller to my pc... i found it very helpful, i also want to thank you for staying active on threads to help other people because i used them when i was unable to figure out the problem at hand. unfortunately i have not seen anyone run into this problem and would like a little assistance.

i am currently using the Toshiba stack with my pro controller hooked up. i followed your vjoy setup (kinda confused about the pov hats though),and the wiinupro shows that every button is working. when i go to calibrate the controller nothing happens.
the little cross hair does not move, it does not register the a button and the x axis bar does not move at all. when im done calibrating none of the buttons light up like they did in your video, KeyPuncher

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KeyPuncher,
So far, WiinUSoft is working great since the beta. However, I've noticed (comparing to the results in your video from your website) that when I connect my Wii U Pro Controller to any of the XBox controllers, it works fine, but, the controller isn't moved to the list of XBox controllers. It stays on the Available Devices. It's still connected as an XBox controller, and it works just fine, it's just not showing the controller on the proper list. I'm on Win 8.1. Any ideas?

Weird, I suppose it is a fragmentation issue, which I hate because they are hard to reproduce and therefore hard to fix. I don't have any ideas but if I think of anything I will let you know.

problems with calibration
recently i have started following your tutorial on youtube to hook my wii u pro controller to my pc... i found it very helpful, i also want to thank you for staying active on threads to help other people because i used them when i was unable to figure out the problem at hand. unfortunately i have not seen anyone run into this problem and would like a little assistance.

i am currently using the Toshiba stack with my pro controller hooked up. i followed your vjoy setup (kinda confused about the pov hats though),and the wiinupro shows that every button is working. when i go to calibrate the controller nothing happens.
the little cross hair does not move, it does not register the a button and the x axis bar does not move at all. when im done calibrating none of the buttons light up like they did in your video, KeyPuncher

Thank you for using the threads first even though it can take a while.
I take it your end goal is to simply use the Pro Controller as a Direct Input device? And I suppose you've already tried targeting a different vJoy device.
When calibrating it is normal to see little to no movement on an axis the first time, but not the second nor is it normal for none of the buttons to light up. Not sure what is up, perhaps you are using the latest version of vJoy and since I am using the 2.04 library there could be some issue with that.

Also, I'd just like to inform everyone I will be less responsive due to minor eye surgery which will take over a week to recover from (I won't be able to look at a computer monitor). Though, as most of you know, I check this site last as I'm trying to sort of phase it out so I don't have to check too many places for questions.

papishxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You definitely need to use vJoy 2.04, 2.05 is incompatible unless you move the appropriate file into the WiinUPro directory.

Weird, I suppose it is a fragmentation issue, which I hate because they are hard to reproduce and therefore hard to fix. I don't have any ideas but if I think of anything I will let you know.

Thank you for using the threads first even though it can take a while.
I take it your end goal is to simply use the Pro Controller as a Direct Input device? And I suppose you've already tried targeting a different vJoy device.
When calibrating it is normal to see little to no movement on an axis the first time, but not the second nor is it normal for none of the buttons to light up. Not sure what is up, perhaps you are using the latest version of vJoy and since I am using the 2.04 library there could be some issue with that.

Also, I'd just like to inform everyone I will be less responsive due to minor eye surgery which will take over a week to recover from (I won't be able to look at a computer monitor). Though, as most of you know, I check this site last as I'm trying to sort of phase it out so I don't have to check too many places for questions.

thank you. you were right about the vjoy. and the controller works perfectly

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been fidlering around and the reason why dark souls game dont work, and perhaps other games i do not know, is that the game only wants to receive the inputs from the first controller that was plugged in, in the computer. Unless there is a option to "hide" the wii u pro controller bluetooth driver i think the interpreter for the xbox driver should tell it to start before you plug in the controller.
I believe you could add a option to the program to start the xbox driver as soon as it starts before pluging in the controller just for this kind of games.
Vjoy works like this, as its drivers are always active as soon as the pc starts.

Edit: Aparently you could actually "hide" the legacy driver.
A guy who made a similar tool for the ps4 (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper) did this, and he explains how it works like this:
"This mode attempts to grab fully exclusive read/write rights to DS4 (Wireless Controller). So no other app will be able to read from it. This makes it disappear from the list of controllers."
It has some bugs with certain games and programs like Uplay or Teamspeak, but those should work as the current version of wiinusoft.

Sweet, glad to hear this problem has a solution, though it's not 100% perfect. I'd e-mailed Keypuncher about some games I played which had the same problem and he didn't have a solution at the time. Hope this is easy for him to add in and we see it soon! I think WiinUSoft will be at 100% compatibility for all the XInput games I own at that point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: