Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

aflamingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I understand what's happening. Is the window getting cut-off? The only thing I'm really seeing is a Windows 8 window vs a Windows 7 window.
I just noticed now how retarded that print was and how It didn't actually show my problem, lol. Sorry. Yeah, the window is getting cut-off.
2qi9sw1.png

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posting this question here, though I saw this on the comments for you website:
Core features would be being able to use the Pro, Classic, Classic Pro, Wiimote, and Nunchuk as an XInput device and a Direct Input Device via VJoy.

So, my question is, is vJoy required for both XInput and Direct Input, or just Direct Input? Does that apply to the current private alpha/beta?

EDIT: Either way I donated what I could your way. I've been chomping at the bit for native XInput support after building my new computer!

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed now how retarded that print was and how It didn't actually show my problem, lol. Sorry. Yeah, the window is getting cut-off.

Okay, I see now. I wonder if this could be caused by the scaling in Windows 8. If you right click your desktop and choose Screen Resolution then click Display in the navigation panel at the top of the window. If it's not set to 100% try changing it and see if that has an effect.

So, my question is, is vJoy required for both XInput and Direct Input, or just Direct Input? Does that apply to the current private alpha/beta?

vJoy is just for Direct Input, though I'm not expecting very many people to use it. And thank you for your support!

aflamingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I see now. I wonder if this could be caused by the scaling in Windows 8. If you right click your desktop and choose Screen Resolution then click Display in the navigation panel at the top of the window. If it's not set to 100% try changing it and see if that has an effect.
Nice call, problem fixed. Thanks.

Reactions: KeyPuncher

aiat_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
I am stuck in the first part on Win 8.1:

"If you're on your Desktop in Windows 8, go down to the bottom right-hand corner and click on Settings, then
  • Change PC Settings, General, Advanced start-up, and click on Restart
  • It will then say "Please Wait" and then it will ask you to Choose an option..."
On the PC settings, I there is not general option for me to choose!

Moniji

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the same problem as my upstairs neighbor.
I am under Windows 8.1 and I can not find the same thing in the tutorial.

otetas69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For those who have windows 8.1 i managed to get it to work by installing the latest atheros driver (http://support1.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-files2/0/bfdp-20130925092154.zip). Then you should simply run the toshiba stack driver on windows 7 compatibility mode (http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/pages/disclaimer.php?dt=bts&download=3-64bit), restart and it should work fine.
NOTE: YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CREATE A RECOVERY POINT WHEN INSTALLING THIS STUFF. IF ANYTHING GOES BAD YOU THEN HAVE THE CHANCE TO REVERT EVERYTHING PRE INSTALL
Also, does anyone managed to get the wii u pro controller supported with Dark Souls 1 in Windows 8.1? I´ve done it on windows 7 but aparently the game isnt recognizing the dinput from the vjoy.
I already made the registry edits of the vjoy names.

MarTn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey,
I am trying to use vJoy + WiinUpro, i cant set the joys input on WiinUpro.
Here are two screens to show what im talking about:

45a3b8142b74878efc7fba62e9bccc77241a8305.png

f8ccfce6b9e908c6b17b29424fc64855cd0d09cb.png

Any idea? :yayps3:

EDIT: I gave a try with joystick1/6/9/14, it does the same.

EDIT2: I use Windows 8.1 / WiinUpro beta 7.1 / vJoy 2.0.4 (lastest)

EDIT3: i tried all the joystics 1-16, nothing helped.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very odd MarTn... could simply be compatibility issues? I would have to check it out but I think the time would be better spent finishing up the first release of WiinUSoft, can your controller gaming hold off for a few more weeks?

FoxM4n

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
KeyPuncher, i simply can´t sync my Wii u pro controller with my BT Dongle... Using Win 7 64 bits and i am absolutly sure that i followed the steps correctly...

I got a wii mote here to make sure that my bt dongle was getting signal and it synced first time! Could it be a incompatibility with the Wii u pro controller and my dongle? Have you heard this before?

MarTn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Very odd MarTn... could simply be compatibility issues? I would have to check it out but I think the time would be better spent finishing up the first release of WiinUSoft, can your controller gaming hold off for a few more weeks?

Yeah, no problems go ahaid, we will love WiinUSoft with the Xinput driver!!

Mihawkette

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello! I have a problem with my wii u controller pro, I'd be grateful if any of you would be able to help me out with this, it's getting frustrating.

I have a laptop with windows 8.1 installed with an integrated bluetooth thing (in the device manager it came up as Quacomm Atheros 4.0) and after a lot of trial and error I managed to install the toshiba bluetooth stack using various methods I found on the internet (I used the Tosrusb.inf trick).
After installing the Toshiba stack it asks me to restart the PC, I do so and everything works fine, I connect my wii u pro controller and I can play games with it too.
The next day (after turning off the PC) though when I open the bluetooth manager I can see the Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-UC still in my HID list but it's not connected and when I try to it just won't connect, I think it doesn't even find my controller and I have no idea why.
I tried connecting it, I tried deleting it from the HID list and then connecting it again but it serves no purpose as after doing so the thing won't even find my controller.

I tried reinstalling the Toshiba stack again, it asks me to restart again, and again it works like a charm, but after I restart the PC once more it stops working again!

Is there any other solution than reinstalling the toshiba stack everytime? :(

Edit: After reinstalling the Toshiba stacks one more time I decided to avoid restarting the PC when the installation asks for it (more like suggests) and found I can connect the controller just fine, so restarting isn't necessary and this helps reduce the nuisance of the problem a LOT.
But still does anyone know why it becomes impossible to connect the controller after the system is shut down? Is reinstalling toshiba stacks every single time the only solution? What gives?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @K3Nv2 That list puts Zero Mission in first place, which I already played.
    Mother 3 in second place. I guess I'll play that.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anything hello kitty related then
    Could replay Metroid, though. Amazing screen on this thing.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Miyoo are basically repurposed blackberry displays believe it or not I always take my miyoo on the go
    @K3Nv2 You joke but this was amazing for 10 year old me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC6adnfSaew&ab_channel=IGN
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Install onionos also if you haven't already
    It still looks dope.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Amazingly I didn't really care for the GBA
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, dragon quest 4 bored me
    Let's play.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should add a 256gb card in mine and load like 100ps1 titles to it eventually I will
    Will you play them all?
    I've only ever played Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PS1.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't play games here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I dont have one of those but gbarunner2 in twilight menu works quite decently for me
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Don't get me wrong GBA absolutely had some great games but overall the sound and graphics just meh to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The remastered crash bandicoot was pretty decent ngl
    @Xdqwerty I had a NDS long ago, but L and R broke very fast.
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist